• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's been awhile....

quak

Smash Champion
these vids aren't new, but boards seem a little dead so i though i'd post em for funsies

feel free to critique, although i won't like it :p

Mewtwo vs Ness

Mewtwo vs fox

Mewtwo vs falcon

if you watch only one, watch the falcon one, but all of em are good ;)

yeah, just fyi, these were friendlies, and a little old, not too old though

quak

Smash Champion
nah from like 2 weeks ago

if i wasn't such a lazy ******* i wouldda got some killer footage against lucien's C. Falcon, even though i lost most/all of them

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Only watched the M2 vs Fox one. Definitely like your M2. Good stuff man.

Edit: Saw the other two videos. Really fun to watch. Your technique is fantastic. These are videos that every M2 player needs to see.

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
You have a great mewtwo. I can't really criticize you, since I'm nowhere near as good.
I know that there's always room for improvement, but nonetheless you do well with mewtwo.

I'll probably get around to asking some questions when I watch them a second time. It's a bit late for me to actually think right now :dizzy:

Keep it up...

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
the combos are nice quak.. but ur preys are kinda terrible... they are such punchbags.

falcon kills mewtwo at 70 with a throw to knee. but he doesnt do any of his combos properly. if falcon reads DI perfectly, falcon combos on mewtwo are easily 0 to death. but his combos hardly go beyond 1 hit.

the fox was better.....but he leaves himself wide open all the time ._." nice edgehog with the SBC though =] that impressed me <3

the ness is not as good as the fox, and the ness is also not as good as the falcon.. im shocked to see dthrow to fair connecting so many times.

awwww quak, i cant measure ur strength like this.
i could see fairly top notch tecnique, but i cant tell how good u are.

quak

Smash Champion
the combos are nice quak.. but ur preys are kinda terrible... they are such punchbags.

falcon kills mewtwo at 70 with a throw to knee. but he doesnt do any of his combos properly. if falcon reads DI perfectly, falcon combos on mewtwo are easily 0 to death. but his combos hardly go beyond 1 hit.

the fox was better.....but he leaves himself wide open all the time ._." nice edgehog with the SBC though =] that impressed me <3

the ness is not as good as the fox, and the ness is also not as good as the falcon.. im shocked to see dthrow to fair connecting so many times.

awwww quak, i cant measure ur strength like this.
i could see fairly top notch tecnique, but i cant tell how good u are.
i know i know, but mewtwo looks so bad when ur playing good ppl!:dizzy:

and really, you can't judge how good my mewtwo is, cause he never sees tourney, and that's where skill really count's :p

rayecho

Smash Ace
ROFL: calm down psycho, its just a joke.

did everyone leave your house at night or the next day.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Question. Where do you DI Sheik ftilt and Falcon juggling to avoid both of their fairs? And what's your strategy against Marios/Luigi?

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Entertaining matches Quak, I'll give you that, but your opponents had terrible DI and followups...which makes it ALOT easier for Mewtwo to dominate. Your technique and uniqeness(if that's even a word...) amazes me though. You're just too fast and creative with Mewtwo = P But please get some better people to play against! Oh, and thanks for posting the vids, finally got something new on the board @_@

quak

Smash Champion
Question. Where do you DI Sheik ftilt and Falcon juggling to avoid both of their fairs? And what's your strategy against Marios/Luigi?
you want to always DI away from sheiks tilts with just about any character, with falcon and his upairs/nairs, you want to either DI away, or up, depending on which one you think will get you far enough away to not get kneed.

but unfortunatly, most of the time, it's in vain, as against solid people, it's inescapable, especially with huge-*** mewtwo

quak

Smash Champion
the wait is keeling me. whats taking so long ahhhhhhhh! :chuckle:
you know what? im gonna make you wait longer :chuckle:. Just cause i can. And plus i had college today and im about to eat with my step sister and her husband

i might get around to doing it tomarrow, only if you say "i enjoy di+ck more than i enjoy ice cream"

otherwise, i'll post em friday...maybe

...say it...

rayecho

Smash Ace
you know what? im gonna make you wait longer :chuckle:. Just cause i can. And plus i had college today and im about to eat with my step sister and her husband

i might get around to doing it tomarrow, only if you say "i enjoy di+ck more than i enjoy ice cream"

otherwise, i'll post em friday...maybe

...say it...
you have a problem. i want to see the crew battle, but not that much. I love ice cream way to much to put that other thought anywhere near my mind.

Airo

Smash Lord
you want to always DI away from sheiks tilts with just about any character, with falcon and his upairs/nairs, you want to either DI away, or up, depending on which one you think will get you far enough away to not get kneed.
back and up helps u escape aerials that combos into knee.
but if hes comboing u off the ledge, once ur off, its also a good option to DI down, where falcon cant knee or do anything to u.

against dthrow to knee, if he knows u are going to DI away, he could easily connect it anyways. what you need to do is to occasionally DI down and towards, then his knee will go over ur head, and u can then tech away to safety.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
"against dthrow to knee, if he knows u are going to DI away, he could easily connect it anyways. what you need to do is to occasionally DI down and towards, then his knee will go over ur head, and u can then tech away to safety."

That's what my main problem is, and what I was talking about. Same with Sheik. Does that only work at lower percents though? DI down and towards?

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
"against dthrow to knee, if he knows u are going to DI away, he could easily connect it anyways. what you need to do is to occasionally DI down and towards, then his knee will go over ur head, and u can then tech away to safety."

That's what my main problem is, and what I was talking about. Same with Sheik. Does that only work at lower percents though? DI down and towards?

Truthfully, against a good player, DI-ing away seldomly put's you out of Falcon or Sheik's range. Sheik's D-throw even works at high percents, you will probably end up getting hit with an up aerial if you DI upwards. As for Falcon...it's hard to say. You might escape death and just force him to land an aerial to knock you away. I'd say a good 70-80% of the time you won't get away from it though.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Against Falcon or Shiek throws, in terms of DI, it is all mind games. You need to DI in a direction the opponent is not expecting, otherwise you will generally get hit some way or another. If you DI left and the opponent is preparing for you to DI left, you will get hit. Same with most other directions. You have to alternate between them randomly and take your percentage into account as well. If your percentage is very high, you may be able to DI farther away than the opponent expects. This is not always the case though, as a good player has such insight and will still take you out.

It is kind of bland to say, but the best thing you can possibly do is reduce how much you get grabbed. The DI used to avoid grab combos against Shieks and Falcons is just too unreliable to rely on as your primary method of dealing with those combos. Try and see when your opponent goes for a grab and be ready for it.

quak

Smash Champion
oh and also don't forget, try to intercept his knee with your own fair. It works often for me. I get d-thrown, I DI away, and mash fair with the c-stick.

Airo

Smash Lord
the only time mewtwo can fair back is when the falcon has poor timing and doesnt follow up his throw quickly enough. in competitive scenes, chances are, you wont have the time u need to pull out a fair.

but if u do DI away, i suppose it wouldt hurt for u to try and jam that fair in. but really... falcon's dthrow to fair shouldnt have any frames left for u to fiddle with

BerDinosaur

Smash Cadet
Great matches. I wish you would upload more Quak. :laugh: I envy your style of play. That SBCC edgeguard vs. The__Cheese was amazing. Your agility with Mewtwo is great! I'd like to see you go against better opponents.

quak

Smash Champion
Falcon, Shiek, Falco Fox; Mewtwo's "good" matchups.
no, your saying it wrong. Mewtwo looks good playing falcon shiek fox falco, but almost always losses to them

his truely good matches are like bowser, and um.....

someone help me out

quak

Smash Champion
no, i once said game and watch was a good matchup for mewtwo, but it's completely opposite

his fair.... eats you alive....

and these were against decent game and watch players

dguy6789

Smash Lord
no, your saying it wrong. Mewtwo looks good playing falcon shiek fox falco, but almost always losses to them

his truely good matches are like bowser, and um.....

someone help me out
It is more complicated than that.

Granted, I am willing to say that for 95%+ of everyone who plays M2, you are correct.

However, I am also willing to throw out there that 95% or more of Mewtwo players have not played him long enough or in tourneys enough to reach any level of a truly competitive nature. Due to his tier rating, most players here play him on the side and for fun, with no absolute dedication for making him tourney viable since they feel that it is impossible and or not worth the effort; because of this, most documented Mewtwo knowledge either is overlooking several aspects of his game, or is inaccurate altogether.

Look at Taj for an example. His Mewtwo has no problem taking out the aforementioned characters, even if highly skilled individuals are playing them. This shows right there that if played right, Mewtwo can handle those match-ups at least decently well. His Mewtwo is not the only one that is capable of this.

quak

Smash Champion
ok fine, i'll give you that

but not sheik, sheik i can't beat anymore

c.falcon is still my favortie matchup against my mewtwo, on fd

by far

Top Bottom