• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Items

SockNinja

Smash Journeyman
...are much better than no items. You only turn them off because you are too stupid/ not adaptable enough to deal with them. (there are a couple items that are ********, like the heart and the star, I know)

Just thought you guys should know.

PS. anyone who argues with me is admitting they are stupid

kenkowtow

Smash Apprentice
In an attempt to start a rational debate...

Can you please elaborate on the phrase "not adaptable enough to deal with them", specifically as to why the competitive circle should adapt to your philosophy that items are good for play. It is understandable that items could/should be used in "casual" play, therefore please exclude that possibility from your reasoning.
And for arguments sake, let the game in question be Melee as the competitive circle has yet to be created for Brawl.

If not then I shall go onto my diatribe on how "stupid" I am.

S2

Smash Lord
TC nailed it.

Broken items balance the game, since they naturally counter tech skill and mindgames. Otherwise the game is lopsided in favor of the better player.

Sakurai put the hammer in the game to counter wavedashing...

man I'm running out of stupid statements here.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Please try to present a better argument for the use of items than "you're stupid." We have enough useless threads complaining about every aspect of this game, try to make it a little intelligent.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I was so hoping this wasn't going to leak from the brawl forums into the tournament forums >.>;

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
well, here. how about this then. I'll present my legitimate argument for no items.

Take a guy like Vidjogamer. I know he is better than me, I have seen him play, and I know that he ***** me sideways in a game of smash. The only way I could ever hope to beat him is to get a lucky item or two and pull off a random, lucky victory. We keep items out of matches because we need to make it clear that the best smasher wins.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Uhm, note that the statment "your stupid" is only to your standard. Just like what Aaryk said, having items off makes it clear who the "real" winner is instead of the winner getting lucky because he/she/it got a super hammer.

Top Bottom