• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Item Standard Play' Game Trade 1v1 Tournament (Mesquite, TX) (Saturday, May 24th)

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
If I come this will be my first Tourney of my life!
I plan on coming regardless if items are on or not.
Sorry, but I don't think I can spare a Wii/Brawl though.
Good luck man, hope the experience is good for you.

i just hope infinity or melee1 dont go....
also nice kirbykid did u get 3rd at melee1s tourney? I wanted to play you (the lucas from the gamestop tourney) but i left after i lost. too tired
Don't worry man, I'm not planning on attending this one. I might schneek in for a few friendlies after though :p

Good luck to everyone who goes and I hope everyone has a good time.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Alright, the day has come! I super stoked about this tournament, and I'm glad I could host it for you guys. I'll be up at GT around 9:45-9:50 to start setting up, so I'll see everyone there.

Jumpman__

Smash Cadet
The tournament was fun but I have a few tips that should make the next one even more fun and fair for everyone. First of all, get the rules right. The items listed on this thread that were on the "banned list" and the "OK for item standard play list" weren't the exact same ones that were set during the tournament, *coughtimerandhammerandlightningcough*. Second of all, ban all unfair stages that can give certain characters extremely unfair advantages like shadow moses, mario circuit, bridge of eldin, corneria, norfair, and I think there are a few others but I can't think of them right now. Overall I had a good time and the tournament was pretty fun. Playing with items didn't effect too many of the matches and that was different. It was a fun tournament but I feel like I was only beaten on a technichality that should have been addressed in the rules on this thread.

Top Bottom