• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It was a nice run Geno fans [RUMOR DEBUNKED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
If you read the whole thing, it mostly just talked about contact.

SQUEAK HIM IN SAKURAI

And, honestly, this means HAD Nintendo contacted Square, Geno would be IN now.

"...we are more than happy to be a part of this gaming event in any way."

Yup!

Also.

What if Square is getting alot of these and their just squeaking them away with lies? THAT! Or that was made automated as they must have gotten alot of questions about that... so they probally made it automated with keywords "Geno; Brawl".

It would make sense.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Um...has anyone realized yet that that is an automated response? I've seen quite a few emails from SE in the exact same format. It just takes what you said and puts it into answer form.

Someone send a email asking about meat skinned tacos. I bet my account you'll get the same message but replace Geno in SSBB with meat skinned tacos.
yeah i noticed that to, like it called ssbb an event.

Masky64

Smash Cadet
Um...has anyone realized yet that that is an automated response? I've seen quite a few emails from SE in the exact same format. It just takes what you said and puts it into answer form.

Someone send a email asking about meat skinned tacos. I bet my account you'll get the same message but replace Geno in SSBB with meat skinned tacos.
I agree. Emailing them isn't the best way to look for an answer.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
Geno was a secondary character in a game that was overlooked by a lot of people.

So sure, he's going to be put in.

I like Geno don't get me wrong.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
After much thinking:I doubt Square would give an answer like that because they have been contacted MANY times with BS answers...Why would they gave a solid anwser this time?

Sorry people.Im not buying it anymore
also, keep in mind that smrpglegacy.com has been frequently attempting to get word from S/E about Geno in Brawl and consistently recieved no comment. the more i think about it, the more i'm convince that this guys is completely full o' crap.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Can we have a mod close this topic please? I already debunked this, so this shouldn't be here any longer to panic Geno fan-atics.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
This doesn't change a thing. the fact that they even say: "Now that is not to say he will not be seen in Super Smash Bros. Brawl" makes him seem even more likely.

if every company when asked about characters in brawl (megaman geno) said somethingl ike "no comment" then that would basically prov they are workingo n that game! they probably legally have to say stuff like "nintendo has not contacted us" sincet hats the response used by the two most likely 3rd party candidates.

the fact that both answers are identical almost makes both megaman and geno seem morel ikely as if both companies are bound to say the same exact thing sincet hey are under the same contract.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I've never thought that Geno could get in Brawl, but really, this thing seems fake. Who is this guy who asked? What proof do we have that the responce is legitimate? How did he get a reply so suddenly, after all of this time?

Agosta44

Smash Ace
This doesn't change a thing. the fact that they even say: "Now that is not to say he will not be seen in Super Smash Bros. Brawl" makes him seem even more likely.

if every company when asked about characters in brawl (megaman geno) said somethingl ike "no comment" then that would basically prov they are workingo n that game! they probably legally have to say stuff like "nintendo has not contacted us" sincet hats the response used by the two most likely 3rd party candidates.

the fact that both answers are identical almost makes both megaman and geno seem morel ikely as if both companies are bound to say the same exact thing sincet hey are under the same contract.
What are you, 12? Like I said, topic over.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Because I dont feel like it? You seem very Supportive of Sora for someone that has Mickey Mouse as their Avatar.
Actually, I DO want Sora in the game, but I figure Geno's more likely. Anyways, my point is that if you were to ask them about Sora, I bet we'd get a similar, if not identical response.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What I'm surprised about is why many are coming to an assumption without any valid proof besides that post.

Also, I'm wondering why no one else has bothered to E-Mail Square to confirm the response.

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
The "reply" from Square-Enix has two comma splices, much of the same sentence format as the initial email, and isn't structured like a company's reply at all. SE has enough money to hire people who can construct sentences together properly; the rampant comma splices in the first paragraph before the initial email and the those found in the "reply" are just too obvious.

Additionally, I highly doubt (if it were a real email) the person who replied (again, if it were real) would have been in a position to disclose any information regarding the subject, especially the eagerness to join Brawl. The fact that the "reply" hypes Brawl as a "gaming event" further leads to the conclusion that an overzealous Smash Brothers fanboy wrote the whole thing instead of a modest reply by a company that knows how to handle PR.

100% hoax. Shame on anyone who fell for it.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
i'm 20? what about my answer sound like i'm 12? it's good reasoning.
You're making it seem whenever they say no, it means yes. If you go around asking people if they want to go out with you, and they say no, does that mean they want to go out with you?

No.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
They were being exceptionally vague, like Sega.
Exactly. And look at what happened. :p

In other news....

I'm not saying that Mega Man or Geno is confirmed, deconfirmed, or anything, but I'm a rare breed - I'd like to see all the (reasonable) characters that all the people want in the game.

Reasonable, being nothing like... Sandbag being playable, etc.

ANYWAY back on topic...........

Keywords:
Now that is not to say he will not be seen in Super Smash Bros. Brawl...

And it's an automated response.

I think Geno's in Brawl. There's too many people who want him in it.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
There's always that minor chance that their lying. We only have to wait another month or so until we find out the true news anyway.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Geno is not dead.

Neither is Megaman.

Believe! BELIEVE!

Yeah, I'm not counting anyone out until January 24...except for Pichu.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
o ok sorry thats not really what i ment, i guess all i was saying was that legally the company must respond as if they were not contacted even if they were. to prevent ANY information from being leaked befor nintendo wants it to.

i did kind of say that therefore saying they weren't contacted means they were but i more ment both square and capcoms replies weren't "no he's not in the game" they were "nintendo has not yet contacted us" which sounds kind of like a prepared response they are both bound to say...

i mean whatever it's just speculation but thats what you do with brawl info even if it's not really info at all.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
I'm serious suspecting a hoax on this one, making it the new Cel-Shaded Ridley Jr. myth.

Even if it was true, odds are it's the autoreply at it again. Even if THAT wasn't it, remember that Nintendo doesn't contact the 3rd-party companies in stuff like this... they contact Nintendo.

EON_MagicMan

Smash Cadet
I really believe that anyone who thinks that Geno is going to be in as a playable character is seriously deluding himself.

My reasons for saying that have been detailed again and again in the posts of others.

All he really has going for him is his strangely large fanbase, and unfortunately, that alone, I fear, will not get him very far.

I would say you were deluding yourself if you suggested he was even going to make it in as an AT trophy.

If there was ever a character to represent the RPG side of the 'Mario' franchise, it would be Paper Mario, and I imagine even he would only make it as far as being an AT.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Can we have a mod close this topic please? I already debunked this, so this shouldn't be here any longer to panic Geno fan-atics.
You did not debunk it. If your "meat skinned taco" theory is correct, then an automated email will be sent back. If not, then your theory is wrong. Go try and prove it before you already say this rumor is debunked.

This does NOT deconfirm Geno, Square may be under a confidentiality(sp?) agreement with Nintendo. They even said "This does not say that Geno won't be appearing in Brawl". They HAVE to say stuff like that becuase it is up to Nintendo to reveal Geno if he is in Brawl, nto Square.
Incorrect. When a company is under a confidentiality agreement of some sort, they cannot lie and say that they were not contacted. They can only say "No Comment" or some sort of variation. The fact that they didn't shows that they truly were not contacted by Nintendo. That is not to say Nintendo hasn't already included Geno and just hasn't asked Square for permission. Or because maybe Nintendo owns enough of the rights of the character that they don't need Square's permission (correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard Nintendo and Square both own part of Geno).

I'm not commenting on the rumor itself, just on these silly things people come up with to try and prove it wrong. I'd prefer if this weren't true, but I won't let my bias cloud my judgment.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
i guess the big question is why would square respond to some random e-mail about brawl?

they must get a ton of these why respond to this random guy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You did not debunk it. If your "meat skinned taco" theory is correct, then an automated email will be sent back. If not, then your theory is wrong. Go try and prove it before you already say this rumor is debunked.

Incorrect. When a company is under a confidentiality agreement of some sort, they cannot lie and say that they were not contacted. They can only say "No Comment" or some sort of variation. The fact that they didn't shows that they truly were not contacted by Nintendo. That is not to say Nintendo hasn't already included Geno and just hasn't asked Square for permission. Or because maybe Nintendo owns enough of the rights of the character that they don't need Square's permission (correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard Nintendo and Square both own part of Geno).

I'm not commenting on the rumor itself, just on these silly things people come up with to try and prove it wrong. I'd prefer if this weren't true, but I won't let my bias cloud my judgment.

Hey SamuraiPanda,

Ya know, what if they just had to contact the development team that made Mario RPG and Mario and Luigi Super Saga to get permission instead of going directly to Square?

Well, the two people who directed both games currently work for Nintendo under Alpha Dream and so does the person who was president of Square Soft when SMRPG was released. Regardless, Square Enix would still have to be credited because the copyright for Geno is under the company itself instead of any individual person (unless things have changed since 2003...).
Could they have used Geno just with those individuals or something....?

SovietStriker

Smash Rookie
The "reply" from Square-Enix has two comma splices, much of the same sentence format as the initial email, and isn't structured like a company's reply at all. SE has enough money to hire people who can construct sentences together properly; the rampant comma splices in the first paragraph before the initial email and the those found in the "reply" are just too obvious.

Additionally, I highly doubt (if it were a real email) the person who replied (again, if it were real) would have been in a position to disclose any information regarding the subject, especially the eagerness to join Brawl. The fact that the "reply" hypes Brawl as a "gaming event" further leads to the conclusion that an overzealous Smash Brothers fanboy wrote the whole thing instead of a modest reply by a company that knows how to handle PR.

100% hoax. Shame on anyone who fell for it.
quoted for the truth

and go back to his blog
" Please disregard the "Geno" post.
I am sorry if this post scared anybody, you see I share my user with my little bro, and ever since the Megaman thing he has been trashing Geno into the ground. I JUST noticed this post and I deeply apologize if this has offended or irritated anyone, he fabricated the whole thing, and to anyone who ACTUALLY took this as truth needs some help, Anyways, as of right now I will be deleting that post; the lesson today is never share your user with family!

Just so that way to keep this post Brawl related I will give a quick shout out to Geno and Megaman.
"
Just BS

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
It's now saying that the requested blog post has been deleted by the user.

O WIILY?

edit:

Looks like everyone found out at the exact same time. :p lol 5:13!

Smash 5:13 says the blog has been deleted!

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Please disregard the "Geno" post.
I am sorry if this post scared anybody, you see I share my user with my little bro, and ever since the Megaman thing he has been trashing Geno into the ground. I JUST noticed this post and I deeply apologize if this has offended or irritated anyone, he fabricated the whole thing, and to anyone who ACTUALLY took this as truth needs some help, Anyways, as of right now I will be deleting that post; the lesson today is never share your user with family!

Just so that way to keep this post Brawl related I will give a quick shout out to Geno and Megaman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom