• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It was a nice run Geno fans [RUMOR DEBUNKED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogla

Smash Ace
"Let us take a moment of peace for Geno, may his charred ash rest at the pit of amnesty. The Angels cry a sweet tear."

Masky64

Smash Cadet
NOOOOOO! Well he's a third party anyway. Tough luck Geno supporters, maybe he will be in Super Smash Bros. 4.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Wow, I find it hard to believe that neither Megaman nor Geno will be in the game.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
They said the same thing Inafune said about Megaman.

This does NOT deconfirm Geno, Square may be under a confidentiality(sp?) agreement with Nintendo. They even said "This does not say that Geno won't be appearing in Brawl". They HAVE to say stuff like that becuase it is up to Nintendo to reveal Geno if he is in Brawl, nto Square.

Copy and paste the same defense for Megaman.

Machete

Smash Ace
What were you expecting?

Something like:
"Yes, Geno is in Brawl. And Megaman too. But it's a secret!"

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
I honestly do not see how he could be in Brawl, sure there are many reasons why he could be, but two things, he was a minor character (omg not minor secondary!..idc) in a "ok" game 11 years ago..now compare him to Mega Man or Sora..

Sorry for your loss Geno fans.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

This does NOT deconfirm Geno, Square may be under a confidentiality(sp?) agreement with Nintendo. They even said "This does not say that Geno won't be appearing in Brawl". They HAVE to say stuff like that becuase it is up to Nintendo to reveal Geno if he is in Brawl, nto Square.

Agreed. 10char

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman

I hate to get my hopes up for megaman -- I feel like i'm in denial -- but you're probably right.

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
That doesn't really deconfirm anything. If they WERE contacted by Nintendo, do you think they would say that? If Geno was in Brawl I think Sakurai definitely wants it to be a surprise.

And for the record, I'm not going to argue about this with little boys. If you disagree feel free, but expect no response from me.

Masky64

Smash Cadet

This kid speaks the truth, Geno may still have a chance. Cross your fingers!

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Men.....that sucks if its true.
Personally I dont believe it.Heres hoping he is ****ing messing with us.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I honestly do not see how he could be in Brawl, sure there are many reasons why he could be, but two things, he was a minor character (omg not minor secondary!..idc) in a "ok" game 11 years ago..now compare him to Mega Man or Sora..

Super Mario RPG was an absolutely amazing game when it first came out, and it stands the test of time as an enjoyable experience even today. I still go back and beat it about once every other year... Still haven't gotten the Super Suit...

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
hmm....i don't buy it. who is this guy anyway? it seems like he's just some guy from the ign boards. not necessarily the most reliable source.

iMichael

Smash Lord
We'll have to wait for PsychoIncarnate to arrive...I believe he is supporting Geno the most....and he knows alot of info.

Masky64

Smash Cadet
Maybe Geno will be confirmed when Sakuari returns to the Dojo. Either that or you will just have to wait for SSB4.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
That doesn't really deconfirm anything. If they WERE contacted by Nintendo, do you think they would say that? If Geno was in Brawl I think Sakurai definitely wants it to be a surprise.

And for the record, I'm not going to argue about this with little boys. If you disagree feel free, but expect no response from me.
Just to say, don't post something on a forum, if you don't want people to argue with you.

Boofer

Smash Ace

True. I was just about to post what the guy said after Square-enix's response:

phoenixdragon said:
...hope this "We haven't been contacted yet" phrase is just the new "no comment" of choice or else I am going to be VEEEEEEERYYYY angry. I do remember though that 1-2 (I think) months before Sonic was revealed, the guy who created Sonic (can't remember his name) said that Nintendo, "had not contacted Sega about Sonic in Brawl." Ohh did the Sonic haters use that, but now we know he is in. I am just hoping it is the same for these two, particularly Geno since he IS a Mario character.

Camalach

Smash Apprentice
Umm what would you expect them to say? Yes Nintendo has contacted us about geno and hes in the game as a pc? Clearly they cant say anything.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
hmm....i don't buy it. who is this guy anyway? it seems like he's just some guy from the ign boards. not necessarily the most reliable source.
Darkspidey speaks the truth, I dont even think we can trust this guy. Actually the blogger put this up on Chrismas.

EDIT: @ Masky64
Geno dosent have to be confirmed on the Dojo to be in Brawl.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord

Sora FTW! Things are looking better and better for him

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
thank god i didnt want him in, he would be a waste of a third party charecter, he doesnt look cool and doesnt look like he would have any good or unigue moves. Most people wouldnt know who he is anyway

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Um...has anyone realized yet that that is an automated response? I've seen quite a few emails from SE in the exact same format. It just takes what you said and puts it into answer form.

Someone send a email asking about meat skinned tacos. I bet my account you'll get the same message but replace Geno in SSBB with meat skinned tacos.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Um...has anyone realized yet that that is an automated response? I've seen quite a few emails from SE in the exact same format. It just takes what you said and puts it into answer form.

Someone send a email asking about meat skinned tacos. I bet my account you'll get the same message but replace Geno in SSBB with meat skinned tacos.

Someone read this

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Wow, people seem really worked up about this. Geez, guys, calm down. This is one game, not the end of the world.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
After much thinking:I doubt Square would give an answer like that because they have been contacted MANY times with BS answers...Why would they gave a solid anwser this time?

Sorry people.Im not buying it anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom