• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It sucks being an immigrant.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
*from FaceBook*

Juan Debiedma: Well, due to my immigration status and a new statute that was imposed in Janurary, I cannot currently obtain my drivers license. I didn't even get to take the test today. Thanks, America.

I went to the Office today to take my License Exam, and they didn't even let me take the test. I apparently auto-failed at the registration counter for not having a worker's permit.

FML.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I'm an immigrant (from Canada) and I just got my citizenship like 6 weeks ago. It's really simple to get, if you're qualified you should do it.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Yeah I got my greencard back in 2001, then just last year I became a citizen. The application was almost $700.00, crazy but now I am a citizen.

But yeah man your situation sucks man.

gallax

Smash Hero
My fiance got a letter in the mail saying that her court date for citizenship was after her deadline to become a cititzen so they kicked her out of the country after trying to get citizenship for almost 8 years. She went to Canada and has residency there in no time and i think already has citizenship. We broke up because of having to move.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
My fiance got a letter in the mail saying that her court date for citizenship was after her deadline to become a cititzen so they kicked her out of the country after trying to get citizenship for almost 8 years. She went to Canada and has residency there in no time and i think already has citizenship. We broke up because of having to move.
Well that was dumb of you if you were gonna GET MARRIED. If you marry an American, you become an American.

BEHR

Smash Hero
**** luckily my parents jumped and had me here last minute.

yay for my rents having me in america.

Rayku

Smash Lord
this thread really makes me sympathetic towards immigrants and appreciative of my own life

Top Bottom