• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It seems as if sakurai tried to balance this game by making EVERYONE really gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteBlaze

Smash Apprentice
Every character is gay in this game. It's just that in higher levels of play the gayness of certain characters becomes more apparent than others and thats how they came up with the tier list, lol

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Sorry, but what makes a character "really gay"? You are saying that two or more characters of the same gender have an attraction towards each other? Or are you saying that the characters in Brawl have seemingly easier control (stated by Sakurai himself) as opposed to Melee? Saying something is "really" gay when you are not meaning it literally is pretty offensive...

Try using "I dislike how Sakurai made characters more (easy, annoying, etc.) blah blah blah."

SnoreStory

Smash Rookie
People are just sort of complaining about how Brawl added more innovation and option to the game than Melee.
I mean, it's a game, it won't be exactly how you want it to be. Some act as if Brawl was the worse thing Masahiro's ever done to this world EVAR.

Just chill out and get used to it.

EDIT: What is gay? I don't even know what character aspects you are referring to.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
People are just sort of complaining about how Brawl added more innovation and option to the game than Melee.
I mean, it's a game, it won't be exactly how you want it to be. Some act as if Brawl was the worse thing Masahiro's ever done to this world EVAR.

Just chill out and get used to it.

EDIT: What is gay? I don't even know what character aspects you are referring to.
Ummm.... the issue is that Brawl DIDN'T add much to the game engine. The previous game added more than Brawl did.

All Brawl added to the engine was footstools, pivot grabs, and tripping.

BTW, Sakurai and pals DIDN'T actively balance the game.

D

Deleted member

So apparently we aren't even masking the Brawl vs. Melee threads anymore? At least with the other one we pretended for a few pages that it was a real topic (because it actually was a real topic at first).

Life

Smash Hero
Brawl also added DACUS (and similar), more-powerful ledges (rather infamously), glide tossing (AFAIK), momentum cancelling, and of course an assortment of new characters and stages (though it removed things from Melee as well, namely WD/LC/other characters/stages).

Brawl =/= Melee. Kindly stop the inter-game hatred.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Saying something is "really" gay when you are not meaning it literally is pretty offensive...
Try using "I dislike how Sakurai made characters more (easy, annoying, etc.) blah blah blah."
In a video game sense, the word tends to be used as a synonym for the much more acceptable term "cheap".

As such, it tends to refer to things that kill far too easily (Swallowcide and Rest) or things that are broken in a way that prevents your opponent from doing anything. While I don't know the specifics of it, MK's "Perfect Camping" likely fits into the second definition of "cheap".

I hope this clears things up a bit.

It's true. Sakurai had a gay lover as he was making the game.

On those late night brainstorms, he needed something to help him relax, something that his wife couldn't do for him. Only a man named Tyrone could fulfill his desires. So it's no surprise that after a bout of passionate homosexual intercourse that Sakurai would go and code Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom