• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It seemes like a wierd time, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midna-fan

Smash Cadet
I was wondering if anyone could give me the complete technicalitys on the wavedash and the l-cancel. I know that both glithces are in brawl they are just aren't usable. Make fun of me if you wish, but I'm conducting a few experiments of my own and was hoping someone could give me a detaile discription of each glitch and how they worked(other than how to do them, I know that much.).

Thank you, and I appolagize for my horrible wording and grammer.:)

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
1) They are not in Brawl at all. In Melee, you could L-Cancel by pressing R or L as soon as you would hit the ground after an aerial. Wavedash by air dodging towards the ground directionally.

2) Caramelldansen is epic win.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
*makes fun of you*

Seriously, you can't.
Just give up and don't waste your time.

Midna-fan

Smash Cadet
*makes fun of you*

Seriously, you can't.
Just give up and don't waste your time.
I have plenty of time on my hands right now, if someone could just give me some detailed information I would be on my marry way, besides I have seen a rough l-cancel in brawl and think ther may be hope, even if wavedashing is lost.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
There are ways to slide a little.
But theres no wave-dashing.
Were not trying to be jerks, just telling the truth.
The physics engine of the game won't let you perform a traditional wavedash.
There are only a few ways to slide, but no wavedash.
No L-cancel either.

Ask the Melee boards if you don't give up.

I took it out xD
Just stop. Its not funny.

samai

Smash Apprentice
no L Cancelling Is Not For Brawl!!!11!!!1! ]no But Seriosly We Have The Autocanceled Arial

EDIT: forgot to remove capslock sorry

Midna-fan

Smash Cadet
There are ways to slide a little.
But theres no wave-dashing.
Were not trying to be jerks, just telling the truth.
The physics engine of the game won't let you perform a traditional wavedash.
There are only a few ways to slide, but no wavedash.
No L-cancel either.

Ask the Melee boards if you don't give up.

Just stop. Its not funny.
I'm not insulted by you in te slightest, I have a o8 join date after all, but I need proof for my self, you seem to be an experienced smasher, why don't you give me the info I'm looking for. I won't give up, I need the proof for myself, I once held a debate about the smashball being legal just to hear all opinions for myself(the smash ball sucks!!). It would be most helpful to just get what I need and leave.

Thank you.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Alright, I wasn't a very experienced Melee player though. I really don't know that much about that game besides Marth stuff.

L-canceling is just basically the lag frames of your airials being shortened by your shield. You only press L or R for a second so your shield doesn't come up though. The frames for shield coming up overlap/cancel the lag frames.
The shield no longer does that though.

Wave dashing is a combination of things. You jump, and just as you get off the floor, you do your airial dodge in a southwest or southeast direction. (Just kinda like to the side and down). This causes a "slide"- looking thing.

But you can't aim your airial dodge anymore.

I'm pretty sure thats how it goes. =/
I might be wrong.

Midna-fan

Smash Cadet
Alright, I wasn't a very experienced Melee player though. I really don't know that much about that game besides Marth stuff.

L-canceling is just basically the lag frames of your airials being shortened by your shield. You only press L or R for a second so your shield doesn't come up though. The frames for shield coming up overlap/cancel the lag frames.
The shield no longer does that though.

Wave dashing is a combination of things. You jump, and just as you get off the floor, you do your airial dodge in a southwest or southeast direction. (Just kinda like to the side and down). This causes a "slide"- looking thing.

But you can't aim your airial dodge anymore.

I'm pretty sure thats how it goes. =/
I might be wrong.
I appriciate that very much, thank you, my faith in the community is restored(or something like that).

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
They're not in Brawl. For the first month that the game existed everyone tried to figure how to Lcancel and wavedash in Brawl. It's just not possible. I hope you do figure out how to wavedash and Lcancel, because that would be cool in brawl, but seriously, don't waste your time searching for something that doesnt' exist.

Midna-fan

Smash Cadet
If you look at the tactical discussion again you might see wher I'm going, maybey...

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Once again Midna-fan, you should look around the boards before making a post.
It took me about 20 seconds to click the melee discussion boards (in which i have never entered) and found this link

THATS RIGHT....THIS LINK!!!!

It shows all the terminolgy u need and a description of how to wavedash.
If that's not enuff try the question answer thread again. Not everything needs a thread.

Midna-fan

Smash Cadet
O.K, O.K, geeze...I found that thread ages ago, but what I am looking for is why does wavedashing work, not how to do it.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Wave dashing was a glitch brought on by the ability to air-dodge in a direction opposite of your aerial move. You would jump up and air-dodge downward at an angle this would create a slide. In brawl air-dodges only move in the way your aerial movement is therefore if you are jumping up the only way to air-dodge is in an upward direction. (DI playing into Air-dodging but no more so than if you didn't air-dodge at all) That is the basics behind the melee wave-dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom