• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It has finally come people

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Looks pretty good. Wish I coulda been there but my car got stuck in the snow and apparantly buses got stuck too soo I didnt go. Nice job tho didnt you get like 2nd or 3rd or something with gannondorf? Oh and your wolf is pretty good.

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
That was a pretty good match....but i notice that u use wolf's U-air as a way to slow down ur fall and speed...avoiding being sent out of the stage...does that help alot?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Good Wolf, especially the fair ... you made good use of it. However, I think it's not unfair to say that it wasn't an excellent Snake. He made some terrible mistakes (at ~1:00 he rolls behind your dsmash to get KO'd). You could do really good in major tourneys if you'd use him as your main. Some things you should improve on...

- Don't Shine items. No matter whether it's turnips, Nades or naners. You'll get punished (in this case by mortar slide). You only did it once though but I'm saying it just in case you think it's viable (hard to say from just seing one video =/ )

- Keep Snake above you. Juggle traps work really well. If he's in the air run below him and hit him with uair/usmash before his dair can hit you (it's deadly). His aerial mobility is balls anyways and platforms can prevent him from getting to the main platform.

- Don't go the the ledge if you can help it. I saw that Snake grabbing you once near the ledge...a good Snake would have easily KOd you by predicitng your roll after using dthrow and SH dair your Wolf. It KOs at really low% and deals insane dmg.

:034:

Smash Hero
You got a bit nervous at the end there, didn't you? Seriously, you could've bagged that match, you should've just used blaster a bit more at the right times rather than aimlessly spam bair.. At one point, when Snake was on the platform, you tried to reach him with bair even though you could've used SHFF uair.

I'm glad you used Ganondorf after this, since it's honestly something you could've won.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Not a bad wolf but I really must criticize the poor snake's play. Worst DI ever. I also notice you never used f-smash. Not saying you should spam it, but there should be plenty of openings for you to use it within a match.

**edit**

Btw, stop airdodging into the ground right in front of the snake. A top snake would punish you for that every single time. You also need a better OOS game. It's essential in competitive play.
Overall though, you have pretty good control of your wolf.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I've been waiting for this day :bee:

This part is horribly written, but it's supposed to be some little tips that might help out, I'm just a bad writer.

Remember to SDI out of the nair whenever possible, It's not too hard to get used to and saves you a good deal of damage. Also, remember that you can shine snake's usmash when you need it. I noticed you using uair for recovery, but bair is faster so try to use it instead, and you only need to use the aerial once iirc. Your second kill (with the back of dsmash) worked fine, but when that little extra speed and power are necessary, try pivot smashing. You lacked the fsmash, but your wolf style didn't really need it to do well.

I liked your style, especially the good use of fair, as Gheb mentioned. I think that your wolf would get a lot better if you devoted more time to it, seemed like you were a little bit out of practice, but that's just me. Either way, nice to see vids, and be sure to post any other videos of your wolf in tournament if you use him.

CO18

Smash Hero
I luv tourney noobs criticizing ppl as if the person in GRAND finals is bad.

Also im pretty sure you can shine out in the middle of a Nair, doesnt it come out on frame 1?

Because I know marth can up+b out of it while in it which is a frame 1 move and Metaknight can even up air out of it which comes out on frame 2.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
:O Then it's definitely possible to shine out of nair. Good to know.

And apparently the bayonet can go through tornado. You learn something new every day, I suppose.

There really isn't much denying that the MK in the vid wasn't the kind of MK one would expect to see at losers finals.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
hai im kalokross :) best wolf in texas and i even beat all the wolfs on west coast recently.. :D i like ur wolf its smexy <3<3

makes me wish i woulda got my matches with dsf recorded to show you guys >=3..

>_>..im afraid of smashboards *hides*

Zen127

Smash Apprentice
You take a strong liking to the Fair and use it often and well. The Snake definitely seemed average though and nothing you shouldn't be losing control of the match to. You lost control because you couldn't land that final Dsmash KO. From 4:06-4:12 you missed the opportunity twice and instead, you were edge guarded.

Gotta work on landing those Dsmashes buddy.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
dude..i was at a tournament with rapist snakes...like ultimate razer..too hard for wolf,it wouldnt seem that way,but hes too easy to take advantage of..

Top Bottom