• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Issues so far that you've experienced?

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
The intro lags a bit before I enter the Main Menu. It's done this twice.

I've played Online already. However, just now I went to With Friends > 1 Player and it froze, giving me that buzzing audio.

Digital Download, btw. Not sure what's up.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
My Fair momentum is jacked with the C Stick.

Light-bc

Smash Rookie
I have the digital version, and I haven't had any issues at all. The game runs extremely smooth and the loading times are extremely fast, almost non existent. THey did nerf my pikachu though!

Sketch

Smash Cadet
My biggest problem right now is trying to jab into anything cause if you use the c stick right after it continues the jab combo.

jotun

Smash Ace
Huge input lag trying to play online, basically not worth playing

It's like Nintendo isn't even aware that there are ways to mask the lag in fighting games

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The online is working fine for me, as it worked with the 3DS version.

Anyways, the only issue I have is that the game stutters a bit when I pause it to appreciate the scenery/character models. No idea why that happens.

elmike

Smash Apprentice
There is a bug with the sound in the gamepad after an offline play. Just before re-entreing the smash screen, it makes like an "interference" sound. After the first time that happened, it never stop happening....

Huge input lag trying to play online, basically not worth playing

It's like Nintendo isn't even aware that there are ways to mask the lag in fighting games
i felt it smoother than the 3ds

jotun

Smash Ace
I never played the 3ds one, so I don't have that point of comparison. The input delay combined with the game's already opposite-of-tight controls just feels awful compared to other similar games I've played online (currently Lethal League)

BlackAcidX

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlackAcidX
3DS FC
1332-9003-7116
Also experiencing input lag online, makes it REALLY irritating when I die and lose a match because I couldn't jump in time, or dodge in time. I hope that can be fixed soon, because I know my connection is great, but not so sure about others I go against.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Online has been excellent for me so far, no more 3DS fisher price connections.
MINOR input delay but I'm a man, I can take it.
My real issue is with the C-Stick having to be flicked to preserve perfect aerial momentum but that will probably be fixed in a patch.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Keeping in mind, online lag isn't necessarily faulted by servers.

It's usually either a long distance connection between 2 players, or simply because your own internet connection isn't very good.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Biggest problem was jumping when and where I wanted to for some reason it just felt super slow but I might be getting use to it.

Other than that the only glitch I've come across is my Challenge section says 0/140 but I have 9...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Cry me a river. At least you have the game now and do not have to wait a week like the EU/AU people do. Get over it and move on.
Where the hell did THAT come from? That was entirely uncalled for. Pretty sure he was making a light joke.

Quit being such an irritating stick in the mud in every topic you post in. Seriously, it makes you very unlikeable.

Last edited:

Hartenberg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hartenberg
3DS FC
1220-8573-2488
The online is working fine for me, as it worked with the 3DS version.

Anyways, the only issue I have is that the game stutters a bit when I pause it to appreciate the scenery/character models. No idea why that happens.
Yup, that's the only problem I'm having as well. But it's totally tolerable.

One more thing, but this probably mostly my fault. I suck at the stage builder (I can't draw worth a damn). I constantly have trouble drawing parts of the stage that have grabable edges. But like I said, that's more my fault than the games.

Also, for people having laggy matches, it's bound to happen. But that game hasn't even been out for 24 hours yet. The fact that the online even works is pretty good. Couldn't say that for a lot of the other AAA that have come out recently. Let everything settle itself out for a little bit.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
Where the hell did THAT come from? That was entirely uncalled for. Pretty sure he was making a light joke.

Quit being such an irritating stick in the mud in every topic you post in. Seriously, it makes you very unlikeable.
It came from what he said. That what he said was totally uncalled for. That is something you just do not joke about. And if I am irritating, I apologise. I don't mean to be. I just have a habit to reply to the less than nice posts on these forums, just like you replied to mine.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It came from what he said. That what he said was totally uncalled for. That is something you just do not joke about. And if I am irritating, I apologise. I don't mean to be. I just have a habit to reply to the less than nice posts on these forums, just like you replied to mine.
His post wasn't rude in the slightest. Quit acting like what you say is an absolute fact all of the time.

Anyway, staying more on topic and ignoring others, there have been a lot of reports of different bugs and issues lately so I'm really starting to wonder how much they looked at the game before releasing it out. Hopefully it'll all get patched soon.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
You're acting like he made fun of special kids, "that is something you just do not joke about" lmao like WHAT?
Even if he DID joke about it, in what realm is that something you shouldn't be allowed to find humor in?

Hartenberg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hartenberg
3DS FC
1220-8573-2488
His post wasn't rude in the slightest. Quit acting like what you say is an absolute fact all of the time.

Anyway, staying more on topic and ignoring others, there have been a lot of reports of different bugs and issues lately so I'm really starting to wonder how much they looked at the game before releasing it out. Hopefully it'll all get patched soon.
Really? I haven't run into any problems so far, and the only reason I'm not playing right now is so my Wii U can have a bit of a rest lol. So I've played a fair amount.

Obviously, just because stuff isn't happening to me, doesn't mean that everyone else is problem free. But it's kinda weird to read that. Guess I'm getting lucky maybe.

the8thark

Smash Lord
His post wasn't rude in the slightest.
It was rude.

Moving right along I have heard issues of the game taking longer to load at times for some people. I'll see if my load times are consistent when I get the game next week Saturday.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Really? I haven't run into any problems so far, and the only reason I'm not playing right now is so my Wii U can have a bit of a rest lol. So I've played a fair amount.

Obviously, just because stuff isn't happening to me, doesn't mean that everyone else is problem free. But it's kinda weird to read that. Guess I'm getting lucky maybe.
It hasn't been everybody. Some people have issues and some don't. What I can't tell is which customers have more issues: The ones who have physical copies or the ones who have digital copies.

Hartenberg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hartenberg
3DS FC
1220-8573-2488
It hasn't been everybody. Some people have issues and some don't. What I can't tell is which customers have more issues: The ones who have physical copies or the ones who have digital copies.
I'm pretty sure we'll have more info on stuff like that in the upcoming days as stuff gets reported and whatnot. But so far with my digital version, my experience has been bug/problem free.

There is too much water.
7.8/10 for sure.

BlackAcidX

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlackAcidX
3DS FC
1332-9003-7116
Keeping in mind, online lag isn't necessarily faulted by servers.

It's usually either a long distance connection between 2 players, or simply because your own internet connection isn't very good.
Oh but I assure you, my online connection IS good :laugh:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

If you're having issues online, it's very likely someone in the group just has a bad connection.

Utaro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Its_a_me_Mario
3DS FC
2423-2518-7011
Im surprised many are having issues? I am actually having no issues online, unlike the 3DS version which had many laggy matches.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I mean it's just the8thark. Weeks ago he was onto me for about a week in different threads saying I was being mean and that I shouldn't joke around, even reporting me and then siding with the moderators.

Like 2 days ago he kept repeating to moderators to mind their own business and stop telling us the rules. And now this thread. I don't get it. :joyful:

Last edited:

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to use my 3ds as a controller... After an 15 minutes of trying to see if I could use my 3DS in online wii U play... It looks like sakurai only wanted you to play local smash games... I hope there is a patch for this that allows you to use the 3ds on all modes...
(I CAN'T USE ANY OTHER CONTROLLER AFTER A MONTH OF IT)

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I wanted to use my 3ds as a controller... After an 15 minutes of trying to see if I could use my 3DS in online wii U play... It looks like sakurai only wanted you to play local smash games... I hope there is a patch for this that allows you to use the 3ds on all modes...
(I CAN'T USE ANY OTHER CONTROLLER AFTER A MONTH OF IT)
Dang is this true? I was thinking about using it as an alternative.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Allright, a few hours in, and here's what I'd like to share:

-No extensive loading times. At all. And I'm a very, very impatient ************.

-No controller problems, though I've only played with two so far. The Wii U GamePad felt unwieldy as hell, the Classic Controller Pro felt amazing. In either case, I haven't experienced the C-stick momentum problems people have brought up.

-As of the first day, online is absolutely outstanding. I've got a strong connection, and input lag is very minimal, pretty much like it is for offline play.

-Audio does break slightly at the beginning of certain menu screens or (very rarely) some matches. Presumably unnoticeable, but I have my volume jacked up.

-Very minor: Framerate is erratic while playing around with the camera angles in in-game pauses.

-I'm rather peeved at how I can't fiddle with the control configurations of controllers without having to associate it with a name. I was hoping that the Wii U version would adopt user-oriented preferences as defaults like the 3DS version has.

Last edited:

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
Yup, that's the only problem I'm having as well. But it's totally tolerable.

One more thing, but this probably mostly my fault. I suck at the stage builder (I can't draw worth a damn). I constantly have trouble drawing parts of the stage that have grabable edges. But like I said, that's more my fault than the games.

Also, for people having laggy matches, it's bound to happen. But that game hasn't even been out for 24 hours yet. The fact that the online even works is pretty good. Couldn't say that for a lot of the other AAA that have come out recently. Let everything settle itself out for a little bit.

For the stage builder you can set it to a grid mode so you don't have to draw it you just plot the points.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
My Fair momentum is jacked with the C Stick.
Either change your C-stick to tilts, or just flick the C-stick. If you hold it down too long, then it will kill your momentum.

My biggest problem with Smash 4 is that you need a SD card to take Snapshots.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Online has been pretty good for me. Not perfect (have had a bit of lag here and there), but not as intolerable as the 3DS got so far. (am using Wifi)

There is something weird with the intro. I had it freeze right at thee beginning once (not the game entirely, as I was able to get to the main menu from it still). Just a few minutes ago it didn't even pop up at all when I started the game up, and I don't recall pressing any buttons.

Also, I wish the game would save what control settings you used, since I'm now doing classic mode with the default controls (unless I'm missing something or doing something wrong).

outside of that the game is great!

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
My only and annoying issue is when returning to the CSS after the results screen, the music kinda freezes or "jumps"/skips.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Yeah for a while I kept forgetting to select my Name for the controls. Now I remember. An extra task I wish I didn't have to do after getting used to 3ds, but ah well.

The into still lags for me (only the first time booting the game), but pressing a button can still skip that despite the audio still going and it being stuck on a certain frame. So you don't have to wait until it plays normally.

Top Bottom