• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ISJR for Bowser

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Hello.

I am currently trying to second Bowser, so I don't know a lot about him yet. I do, of course, know of the ISJR for Bowser, but I'm not exactly sure why it's important. (I've read from a few different places that it's an important part of his game).

So...why? Is it a good approach? I'd think it's somewhat predictable, but I could be wrong considering I just started.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Firebreath, Ftilt, Fair, and Up B are good approaches depending on whats going on. I get a ftilt out most of the time for a start attack.

infinity jump isn't needed if your new to Bowser but it is very useful but not when used over and over. Your going to have to play against a lot of different characters to understand who to use it on and why its good for this or that match up.

For now I would just focus of approaching and learning what works with Bowser then focus on infinity jumping tactics.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Bowser's Bouncer isn't really effective on anyone with half-decent speed unless it comes out of left field. It may be an AT but it's not really advanced, it's more like a simple trick.

DiasFlac knows what he's talking about. Therefore, if he says it, it must be half-true. Listen well.

If DiasFlac hasn't posted yet, THEN listen to other people.

If you follow these simple rules, you will quickly learn.

Top Bottom