• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Brawler Lime

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry, Snitch. It looks like Sakurai's on my side.

Yeah. Isaac is lookin' pretty good right about now, don'tcha agree? ;)

(I'm sorry if I'm a little off topic, but other characters' chances pertain to Isaac due to one more series in the Icon theory and such)
Umm, ya know, about the sukapon thing, there is a kirby sticker too.... ZOMFG n00bzored!!!
just kidding, but yeah, just coz he's a sticker doesnt mean he isnt playable.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Ray01 is a sticker. I'm not saying that he is deconfimred, but now Golden Sun is really the ONLY franchise left with nothing. Oh, and Takamaru. ^^

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
why there are only two more icons? any specific reason?

(i would be happy if that icon sare golden sun, advance wars and eternal darkness :p, plus the returning game & watch icon... )

...So Isaac being completely unrepresented by anything is evidence for him?

35 characters is the roster. I have it on good faith that all three of my sources' information is not hearsay, it's based on what's actually in the game, what they've seen with their own eyes.

Fun fact: One by one, every non-35 character roster is dropping.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88

35 characters is the roster. I have it on good faith that all three of my sources' information is not hearsay, it's based on what's actually in the game, what they've seen with their own eyes.

Does it matter? The only roster that matters is the one in the game. And if it's the 35 one, so be it. I will still enjoy the game like everybody else. But ****! Wouldn't it be ten times cooler if we would have gotten 5 characters more?

Arteen

Smash Lord
It's tenuous reasoning, we know.
Okay, if your sources have seen the roster, what is it? Besides, since 35 has been tossed around so much, it isn't that hard to come to some sort of agreement on the number. It wouldn't surprise me if the roster was 35 regardless. I'm not sure what the roster number has to do with Isaac.

I really don't get what you're saying with this.

It's tenuous reasoning, we know.

Okay, if your sources have seen the roster, what is it? Besides, since 35 has been tossed around so much, it isn't that hard to come to some sort of agreement on the number. It wouldn't surprise me if the roster was 35 regardless. I'm not sure what the roster number has to do with Isaac.

I really don't get what you're saying with this.
1. MarkMan mentioned Wolf, Falco, no Ridley, and I recall he mentioned Wind Waker Link, Reno mentioned the rest of the roster, which included ROB in there. sp0rsk confirmed that they were reliable sources and were not basing their info on hearsay.

2. Most 35 character roster "leaks" are still up, while many of the higher rosters have been dropping like flies.

3. And to T-Eagle, hi, I assume you have even one thing that at all hurts the 35 character theory?

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman

When it proves to be fake within three days, will you mind the wave of flame that will get to you?

I don't really have to worry, since it's not fake.

I asked somebody to explain why the 35 roster is wrong. No one has, in the history of the 35 character roster, explained why it's false.

I don't expect any of you to.

T-major

Smash Champion
And to T-Eagle, hi, I assume you have even one thing that at all hurts the 35 character theory?
yes I do. the simple fact that 35 characters isn't enough too add all the character that the fans want. Sakurai has stated many times that he's making this game for the fans, so he wouldn't remove/leave out popular and deserving characters. it doesn't work that way.

I don't care that you believe what some random person over the internet tells you. thats your problem when it turns out to be wrong. just don't force it on us, because we know it's wrong, and don't believe you. ok? ok...

Issac for Brawl...

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
I don't really have to worry, since it's not fake.

I asked somebody to explain why the 35 roster is wrong. No one has, in the history of the 35 character roster, explained why it's false.

I don't expect any of you to.
Yeah, we won't be the ones to prove you wrong. It'll be Sakurai the one to do so. And it'll be really funny.

T-major

Smash Champion
no one has explained why it's true either. I've seen WAY more reasons as to why it's false, then I have for it being true... I seriously don't understand how anyone can be stupid enough to believe such a load of crap, that has been PROVEN to make no logical sense. Sakurai already said he's making this game for the fans; so he isn't, I repeat, ISN'T going to just ignore popular and deserving characters. end of story.

Oh my God, that's an opinion! The fact that you think that 35 characters is not good enough is proof that Sakurai thinks that!

And no, see, you're random. People who have leaked content for video games on multiple occasions are not "random". Your retorts to me are "I don't think it's good enough, so Sakurai couldn't think it is!"

Arteen

Smash Lord
Seriously, we have no conclusive proof of what the full roster actually is. We have reasons to believe it, and we have reasons to doubt it. We'll find out soon enough, so I don't see any reason to get so worked up over this.

T-major

Smash Champion
Oh my God, that's an opinion! The fact that you think that 35 characters is not good enough is proof that Sakurai thinks that!
actually, no. Sakurai has officially stated in multiple interviews (most notably Iwata Asks) that he's making this game for the fans. it's a fact that he doing that. why would he just turn around and remove/leave out popular and deserving characters? thats right he wouldn't! so no; it's NOT an opinion. it's a logical conclusion.

And no, see, you're random. People who have leaked content for video games on multiple occasions are not "random".
and these people are...? I don't see how leaking info on games that have nothing to with with Smash Bros. adds anything to your case. they could be making it up, trying to play off of the respect they have for there other game leaks. I don't believe them. and I have every reason not to.

Your retorts to me are "I don't think it's good enough, so Sakurai couldn't think it is!"
no. my retorts are "Sakurai has PROVEN that he's doing this, so he wouldn't do the opposite" which is completely different.

now STFU, and GTFO! :D

T-major

Smash Champion
I would like a bigger roster but I have no reason to believe there is one.
of course you do. a little something called logic :D

but I agree. lets stop this Snitch. I won't except your right; and you won't except your wrong. were getting nowhere fast here. lets just drop it. in three days we will find out who's right, and who's wrong.

Okay, so I say that 50 characters just isn't enough. If he's doing it for the fans, every single character that could possibly be included should be.

YOU

Don't THINK

Sakurai would do that

Fun fact: That's an opinion formed by you - you decided what Sakurai would do. You decided that since he's making Smash for the fans, he's going to give them a billion million characters. I'm going to kind of avoid using your interpretations of what Sakurai said as fact, as should everyone else.

No, you don't believe them because the roster they said makes you sad.

So, like I said, at what point are you Sakurai's message boy? Maybe his statement meant *gasp* he was trying to include as many series in the GAME as possible? Not "as many playable characters as possible"? Hell, looking at another post, Sakurai stated that he never intended to include 26 characters in Melee, and to not expect a comparatively big jump with Brawl.

I don't care about your opinions. I want non-vague statements that can't describe a multitude of things. You basically say that based on your interpretations of a statement Sakurai made, 35 characters can't be right. Samurai Panda's translation of Sakurai's comment on 26 characters clearly matches up with 39 total characters. We got slightly more than what was new in Melee, and that links up with not being a comparatively big jump.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
It's not wrong, but it's not right. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that deconfirms it, or confirms it, Snitch. You have no reasoning behind your logic, and neither do we (well, a tiny bit of opinion-based reasoning), but that's JUST IT! No one says 35 is a wrong number because it isn't! Yet you confuse me, how can you STILL believe these people, even though they tell you the wrong roaster. Can you believe the game will have 35 characters? Yes, but not because these false idiots do, it has to be based from your own thoughts and opinions; doing so otherwise is just laughable. Or do you like being a pawn in their pathetic little games?

Why is Sukapon deconfirmed? Here's what I think; yes, there are Kirby stickers, and Sonic stickers, but if you look at the picture on the Dojo where it shows you the Kirby sticker, who is the sticker being placed on? Kirby! And who can only have a Sonic sticker placed on them? I'm thinking Mario... No, it's Sonic! Having a Sukapon sticker being able to be placed on Pit does not prove he is deconfirmed, but it is certainly pointing towards it. As why would Sukapon not be able to wear his own sticker by himself?

And besides, even if the game does have 35 characters, Isaac still has a chance - Icon number 19 agrees with me.

On a much lighter note, I am also glad Isaac has not been deconfirmed.

Oh, and Snitch, allow me to do you a favor. I will reply for you, I'll save you the trouble of typing up a storm to flame me, yes?

"I, Rubydragon, am a stupid, worthless idiot who uses no logic or intelligence to post on this site or topic. I am to be killed, because it is the only useful event that will ever happen to me. I am but a useless, worthless dog compared to A Link to the Snitch, because I have proven I use my mouth (or in this case, hands), instead of my head. I should not even bother replying to this topic because A Link to the Snitch will continue to own me in any way possible. I am a worthless addition to humanity and hate it because people like me are still alive. I should leave and never return."

That good enough for you?

EDIT: Wow, sorry there Snitch. I messed up your name somewhere and it was pretty bad... It's quite a nice insult to use though, no offense. :chuckle:

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
^^*Sigh*, saw that one coming. I should have added that to the message you would've given me, it would have saved seeing your name once more under mine... Sorry. :(

That makes absolutely no sense, so you are talking about different people now that linked the 35 character roaster? The one with R.O.B. and all that?

Fun fact: I'm talking about the ****ing NeoGAF reps, you, like everyone else, focuses exclusively on this one GameFAQser! I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT HIM, IS IT A CARDINAL FREAKING SIN TO LISTEN AT ANY TIME? Christ, how many times will I have to repeat this?!

WHY DO YOU KEEP BRINGING THAT UP.

My God, is there something about what I ****ing said that doesn't give you a hint? Does "they never mentioned ROB" suddenly become "they mentioned ROB"? Do you understand English?

Holy crap.

And let's say that they did say ROB was in. All of ROB that's there is "The R.O.B. Squad". It STATES that they come in a variety of forms. It states that there's no one ROB and they are not "ROB the Robot". If you threw a Trophy Stand at one, it would turn into a trophy called the R.O.B. Squad, which would likely contain information on the SSE enemy, not ROB the Robot.

Arteen

Smash Lord
WHY DO YOU KEEP BRINGING THAT UP.

My God, is there something about what I ****ing said that doesn't give you a hint? Does "they never mentioned ROB" suddenly become "they mentioned ROB"? Do you understand English?

Holy crap.
Fun fact: I'm talking about the ****ing NeoGAF reps,
1. MarkMan mentioned Wolf, Falco, no Ridley, and I recall he mentioned Wind Waker Link, Reno mentioned the rest of the roster, which included ROB in there. sp0rsk confirmed that they were reliable sources and were not basing their info on hearsay.
Could you clarify this for me? MarkMan, Reno, and sp0rsk are the NeoGAF guys, right? You stated that "Reno mentioned... ROB." What do you mean by your above comment, "they never mentioned ROB"?

1. It's 35 characters because my sources say so, and I have it on good faith that their leaks were based on what's in the game, not what they think is in the game.

2. I don't recall saying Reno mentioned ROB.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
**Sigh** thought Isaac would have been a splendid addition, but odds are pointing to him becoming an AT...

Top Bottom