• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice

And so it ends Taiga's comics.

UP NEXT: OOKUBO MIDORI
>tfw
You're misunderstanding me. I'm saying it's a good thing he doesn't look Asian anymore. That's the one improvement, but everything else still looks off. It looks like he has a doll's face, or something.

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Edit #2: so I'm playing around with this new version and comparing it to the old one... it's strange, because parts of his scarf/shirt near his head were also very slightly moved, just enough to put it out of line with the original and make it look awkward. And they really upped the saturation on his hair and face(too much, imo), while also upping it on his scarf(which I was considering doing, so I agree with that change). Makes it more annoying to merge the two pics, which I'd like to do to take advantage of the perfect transparency of the new image, haha. Going to have to do some careful cutting and color matching. Which shouldn't be too difficult, it's just weird because there's a perfect 90 degree angle where the changes start.

Also, it looks like he has a double-ear, and there's some weird transparency with the hair. Makes me wonder if this was a paint-over.
...Let's try not to nit-pick TOO much, guys? We already bombarded Omni with requests; other than the ear thing, I think he looks fine...
They should have used a different sword other than that really stock-looking one tho.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
>tfw

...Let's try not to nit-pick TOO much, guys? We already bombarded Omni with requests; other than the ear thing, I think he looks fine...
They should have used a different sword other than that really stock-looking one tho.
I disagree. I like the generic sword, it shows that he's not all about the weapon. It'd have been nice if they showed something other than the weapon, though.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
>tfw

Not trying to be too standoffish here or anything, but I'm allowed to post my opinions, and it comes off as somewhat hypocritical to tell someone to stop being so nitpicky right before posting a complaint of your own :ohwell:

I disagree. I like the generic sword, it shows that he's not all about the weapon. It'd have been nice if they showed something other than the weapon, though.
Eeeh, that's a bit of a stretch, imo - he's still wielding a sword, and not doing any type of psynergy. And I doubt any casual observer is going to look at the sword and say, "well, that's clearly a generic sword and not the Sol Blade, so obviously he's not going to rely totally on his sword," when they wouldn't even know the difference between a generic sword and the Sol Blade to begin with. Not that I expected them to show any psynergy, that would really be going above and beyond, considering no other art has depicted any special attacks. It's unfortunate that there aren't any rocks hovering around him, but that's also something I've been thinking about editing in.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Honestly, I just want a Djinni with him.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Honestly, I just want a Djinni with him.
I wonder why they didn't made the Move hand? It's just a hand that's big after all, and since they made hands for Isaac obviously...
Also maybe it was possible to use models from Brawl too. Oh well.

Don't know about you guys, but I'm so fed up with the little polls people make, believing their poll will be the most successful one, with the most realistic results... I think a lot of people are in the same case as me. Worst is, they're often so badly made, they miss obvious characters, have strange results... The more the time passes, the less precise the results are, it seems to me.
October is still so far away.

Ah well, let's share good news anyway! I'm not sure how many of you are on Reddit, but two days ago I convinced a moderator to add the Golden Sun subreddit to the list of related subs on /r/nintendo. There's a little bit more than 1700 people subscribed to /r/goldensun (to compare, /r/nintendo is currently at ~103000). Also, the Isaac flair (picture you can use next to your username) was made available to everyone. :)

Everything matters, even the smallest things, right? ;)

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Isaac isn't Asian...

Isaac's European if anything since I'm pretty sure Angara is based off Europe but I might be mistaken.
Well Angara is supposed to be Asia as well as Eastern Europe. Vale lies at the absolute top north-western edge so Vale could be based as a town in Eastern Europe.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
"You know that 'leak' which said Professor Layton's voice actor would be in the game? Well he is, but he will be voicing Kraden in Layton's voice. Please Understanding."
-Matzah-gyro Snickerdoodle

I wonder why they didn't made the Move hand? It's just a hand that's big after all, and since they made hands for Isaac obviously...
Also maybe it was possible to use models from Brawl too. Oh well.
Lame and coincidental justification here, but perhaps it's like Mario's model where it changes depending on where the model is featured.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Here's another edit I did of a different shot they posted on Twitter, because I was bored 8U

Free to whoever wants to use it :B

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys; It appears that the Smashified team fixed Issac's eyes, did some refining to his nose, and gave his hair a more "Golden Sun" like color. Have a look:

Looks much better, if you ask me. :3 (Also, hi, I'm Yellowlord. Since this is my first time posting here on the Issac support thread, I'll say this; Issac is one of my top 5 contenders, with him currently as my Number 4 pick. I do imagine he will get in, so I do hope that is the case for you guys).
Gud, and now they have to remake his roster maker icons all over again. :troll:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Hey guys; It appears that the Smashified team fixed Issac's eyes, did some refining to his nose, and gave his hair a more "Golden Sun" like color. Have a look:

Looks much better, if you ask me. :3 (Also, hi, I'm Yellowlord. Since this is my first time posting here on the Issac support thread, I'll say this; Issac is one of my top 5 contenders, with him currently as my Number 4 pick. I do imagine he will get in, so I do hope that is the case for you guys).
Late reply.

Well that expression suits Isaac more. Although I was fine pretending that the version before was a pissed off Isaac in Golden Sun 2 ready to MOVE Karst and Agatio outta his way.

I guess it is it just me but with his new expression his jaw looks a teensy bit off.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
The new Smashified Isaac looks younger to me, which isn't a bad thing.

On a side note, I got through Lemuria. Poseidon was easier than I remember, but he still hit hella hard. Also managing djinn with 3 item classes is not very pretty.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
"You know that 'leak' which said Professor Layton's voice actor would be in the game? Well he is, but he will be voicing Kraden in Layton's voice. Please Understanding."
-Matzah-gyro Snickerdoodle.
Wasn't that disproved by the voice actor himself?

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
I think the new expression for Isaac looks absolutely terrible.
Old one was off, but it was still way better.

The edit @ RhymesWithEmpty RhymesWithEmpty made is also better.
Haha, thanks! And yeah, it seems like they just took it too far in the opposite direction, when they really just needed to make a few small tweaks. They went from a Pit/Roy-inspired updated look to attempting a straight up recreation of his character art, which just looks rather awkward on this model. While it's really cool that they listened to the fans and tried their best to be faithful to Isaac, I feel like they would've been well served to stick to their guns a little more closely.

And just to clarify to everyone, I don't mean to diminish their work, and I'm still incredibly grateful to them for giving us this beautiful art to play with :chuckle: I know very well that what they do isn't easy, and think they did an overall fantastic job! I'm still drooling a bit over that animation at the end of his video *3*

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

YES. I like this one sooo much better! So much more Isaac!

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Hmm, the Smashified art looks nice but I'd have preferred the Dark Dawn version of him.
Yea but the Smashified team used his Brawl model as a base and then there is the fact that the demand for younger Isaac was much greater. Thus the current Isaac render was made as it is.

Having a hybrid design of younger Isaac and older Isaac would basically give him a design too similar to Matthew. Although he would have a badass coat rather than his son's jacket.

Whatever, I now want that as a palette for Isaac in Smash!!!

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
@ RhymesWithEmpty RhymesWithEmpty
Well, since you can edit the model, how hard would it be to make him smile a bit? We're all too used to the Brawl model's smiling face. :p
Well, my edit of the original model is smiling a bit - did you mean you want to see the new one smiling? I was contemplating putting the new mouth on my edit, but the lips are weird to me, like they came off a porcelain doll, or something... I could try to make them smile, though XD

Just to clarify, everything I'm doing is pure photoshop, I can't edit the actual model, unfortunately.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, my edit of the original model is smiling a bit - did you mean you want to see the new one smiling? I was contemplating putting the new mouth on my edit, but the lips are weird to me, like they came off a porcelain doll, or something... I could try to make them smile, though XD

Just to clarify, everything I'm doing is pure photoshop, I can't edit the actual model, unfortunately.
That's what I meant. :p

And I see. When you said you edited the model I took it that way. My bad.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I had a dream today. Isaac was playable, but his design was based off of his overworld sprite and his attacks wasn't Psynergy, but him just flopping around and attacking with the speech bubbles. Glad I woke up
You moron. YOU SET ME OFF. Now I can't stop laughing. rofl... omg... wow...

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I had a dream today. Isaac was playable, but his design was based off of his overworld sprite and his attacks wasn't Psynergy, but him just flopping around and attacking with the speech bubbles. Glad I woke up

------ -------

___​

So what does that expression do?

Edit: I hate this formatting....

Well anyway it is funny that you are making a silent protagonist fight with speech bubbles x D

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Who needs to cast Gaia or summon Judgement when you can go around throwing speech bubbles?

Isaac would probably be the new Brawl Meta Knight with that moveset.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
For some reason whenever I have a dream about Isaac it involves his chibi look rather than how he looks in his official artwork. (or on the party screen in-game)

Top Bottom