• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Personally, I think the fact that it's a full 3D model as opposed to just a drawing outweighs any gripes one may have about him not looking "right". Given the lack of references except for the Brawl model I think they did a great job tbh. Also the animation at the end is damn cool.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yo @ LasermasterA LasermasterA chill man what's with the hostility? Don't worry guys, I know the video was up I'm just waiting for the right day to post it. Gotta spread out news through the week and all :)
No hostility intended.

How could you even think that?

Don't worry I understand. Was just pointing the situation at that moment :p

Last edited:

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Who was afraid something like this would happen?
The smashified Isaac was highly anticipated and everyone couldn't wait to see it, but when it finally arrives, it's not as good as what a lot of people wanted it to be.
Never even waited for it in the first place. Don't like Smashified too much.

Also, how can they possibly spend so much time on this render? Asked the brother of a friend (works for the Ice Age/Rio studio in the U.S), and he couldn't believe that this took several weeks/months. I think it looks awful :bomb:

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Who was afraid something like this would happen?
The smashified Isaac was highly anticipated and everyone couldn't wait to see it, but when it finally arrives, it's not as good as what a lot of people wanted it to be.
Worth it for the music.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
About to start in on the first Golden Sun game. I know very little about Isaac.
A few of my good friends support Isaac and have been trying to get me to play his games. After reading about his moveset potential on this thread (I generally only support characters I think would have a different and interesting moveset or cut veterans) my interest is piqued. You guys might get another supporter soon, wish me luck! :]

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
About to start in on the first Golden Sun game. I know very little about Isaac.
A few of my good friends support Isaac and have been trying to get me to play his games. After reading about his moveset potential on this thread (I generally only support characters I think would have a different and interesting moveset or cut veterans) my interest is piqued. You guys might get another supporter soon, wish me luck! :]
Glad you have interest in Isaac. We are always welcoming more supporters. We are confident you will not be disappointed with the game.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Never even waited for it in the first place. Don't like Smashified too much.

Also, how can they possibly spend so much time on this render? Asked the brother of a friend (works for the Ice Age/Rio studio in the U.S), and he couldn't believe that this took several weeks/months. I think it looks awful :bomb:
Because they have jobs and have different schedules. Also, its the only good 3D render of Isaac. The other is the outdated Brawl AT model. Plus the music by Retrospector is bomb.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
This has been said several times, but Smashified Isaac is pretty good, but to be perfect, they need to fix the eyes, the lack of hair below his right ear and the size of the sword.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Glad you have interest in Isaac. We are always welcoming more supporters. We are confident you will not be disappointed with the game.
Just finished the first bit on the mountain. I'm enjoying it so far. I swear, having your magic points regenerate as you travel is so amazing to me, since I'm usually pretty stingy when it comes to using magic in JRPG's. Kinda reminds me of Chrono Trigger, how magic hits enemies in specific locations rather than just one or all targets. Getting serious Dark Souls flashbacks with the "four places must be lit/unlit" thing.

Looking forward to playing again when I have time.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
Don't know why people were suddenly saying the smashified was bad or not as good as they expected. When it first came out, everyone was saying "it was really good, just the eyes are a bit off" or something along those lines. I look on the page before and people are saying that it's bad, didn't meet expectations and that it shouldn't of taken that long (Omni explained the reason in a Tweet).Just be grateful that we have Isaac smashified or maybe more importantly have a 3D model of him.

Nice alts @ lightdasher lightdasher , which one would you use, I would use Piers cause he is my favorite party member.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Ok everyone, I have a request for you: Go take the biggest grain of salt you have (I want to make a K. Rool Mii Costume joke so much right now). On Reddit they talked about a text leak which includes Isaac:

http://imgur.com/mUvVfc3

Of course it's most likely fake, so really do consider it as a fake. It's better for the health, really. But it's just nice to see leaks including Isaac.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Ok everyone, I have a request for you: Go take the biggest grain of salt you have (I want to make a K. Rool Mii Costume joke so much right now). On Reddit they talked about a text leak which includes Isaac:

Of course it's most likely fake, so really do consider it as a fake. It's better for the health, really. But it's just nice to see leaks including Isaac.
> "Sold Snake"

"Sold" is what I am not on this leak (or any leak, for that matter).
Would be nice if it's true, obviously (Snake returning despite Konami going mad would be cool), but massive grain of salt indeed.
If the later three characters are being chosen from the ballot, why does the leaker already know who they are, when the ballot doesn't end until October?

D

Deleted member

Seems Legit.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
> "Sold Snake"

"Sold" is what I am not on this leak (or any leak, for that matter).
Would be nice if it's true, obviously (Snake returning despite Konami going mad would be cool), but massive grain of salt indeed.
If the later three characters are being chosen from the ballot, why does the leaker already know who they are, when the ballot doesn't end until October?
Of course I don't defend the leak, but I don't really get the argument: What prevents them from looking the suggestions as they come and decide to make a first batch of characters based on these suggestions before the end?
They can still easily look the other suggestions later to choose another character.

It's not even that important since those are not votes but suggestions (including for Smash 5), they're still free to choose what they like.
They have to use their remaining time wisely after all, and making characters is the most complicated thing, other things are arguably easier. Not that worth the time if there's no characters to go with them, no?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Its definitely fake. Three things kill it: Agent 7 used instead of Inkling, Inklings themselves, and Dixie Kong.

The problem with Agent 7 is that, even if that's technically the name in-game, they wouldn't use that name. The costume is already name Inklings, and everyone knows them as Inklings. Of course they'll just be called Inklings in Smash.

Then there's the Inkling and Dixie issue. Ok, Inklings as pre-ballot, even though they're a costume. Alright, fine, not too big of a deal. But Dixie Kong as a ballot character instead of K. Rool?

That, right there, is the fallacy behind this. Debate whether K. Rool's mii costume debunks him or not, but Inklings already have a Mii Costume as DLC, so its the same thing. And Dixie Kong is not even CLOSE to topping K. Rool in the polls. If they're going for popularity, K. Rool has far more of that than Dixie Kong. Dixie makes no sense in this context. If they switched Dixie and Inkling (Inkling as ballot, Dixie as pre-ballot), then THAT makes more sense and the leak would be somewhat believable. But the existing setup is pure baloney.

Of course I don't defend the leak, but I don't really get the argument: What prevents them from looking the suggestions as they come and decide to make a first batch of characters based on these suggestions before the end?
They can still easily look the other suggestions later to choose another character.

It's not even that important since those are not votes but suggestions (including for Smash 5), they're still free to choose what they like.
They have to use their remaining time wisely after all, and making characters is the most complicated thing, other things are arguably easier. Not that worth the time if there's no characters to go with them, no?
I agree on this notion. They could've easily, and probably have, decided on the ballot characters already.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I agree on this notion. They could've easily, and probably have, decided on the ballot characters already.
However, I do not expect them to reveal any of the ballot characters until the ballot actually closes.

D

Deleted member

I thought the Inkling's nickname in the single player campain was "Agent 3" and not "Agent 7".

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Its definitely fake. Three things kill it: Agent 7 used instead of Inkling, Inklings themselves, and Dixie Kong.

The problem with Agent 7 is that, even if that's technically the name in-game, they wouldn't use that name. The costume is already name Inklings, and everyone knows them as Inklings. Of course they'll just be called Inklings in Smash.

Then there's the Inkling and Dixie issue. Ok, Inklings as pre-ballot, even though they're a costume. Alright, fine, not too big of a deal. But Dixie Kong as a ballot character instead of K. Rool?

That, right there, is the fallacy behind this. Debate whether K. Rool's mii costume debunks him or not, but Inklings already have a Mii Costume as DLC, so its the same thing. And Dixie Kong is not even CLOSE to topping K. Rool in the polls. If they're going for popularity, K. Rool has far more of that than Dixie Kong. Dixie makes no sense in this context. If they switched Dixie and Inkling (Inkling as ballot, Dixie as pre-ballot), then THAT makes more sense and the leak would be somewhat believable. But the existing setup is pure baloney.

Still not defending the leak, but actually I thought the Agent 3 was a good idea. This way they're sure people won't mix the costume and the full character since he looks different, and there's no inconvenient using him afaik.
That being said, I strongly believe we won't have a full character from Splatoon in DLC. Only in Smash 5.

For K. Rool, as much as I'd prefer him over Dixie, I always thought Sakurai could perfectly avoid him despite his popularity and take Dixie. Again I don't say he will, but I never completely discarded the possibility, because of Brawl's Forbidden 7 among other things.

That being said, what do you all think of the Mario Tennis season pass part? Is it a possibility, with or without the leak?

However, I do not expect them to reveal any of the ballot characters until the ballot actually closes.
If you're right, it's going to be a LONG time until the end of the Ballot.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Fine, my bad, I incorrectly said it. Either way, Agent 3/7, whatever, they'd still most likely go for just calling them Inklings.

Still not defending the leak, but actually I thought the Agent 3 was a good idea. This way they're sure people won't mix the costume and the full character since he looks different, and there's no inconvenient using him afaik.
That being said, I strongly believe we won't have a full character from Splatoon in DLC. Only in Smash 5.

For K. Rool, as much as I'd prefer him over Dixie, I always thought Sakurai could perfectly avoid him despite his popularity and take Dixie. Again I don't say he will, but I never completely discarded the possibility, because of Brawl's Forbidden 7 among other things.

That being said, what do you all think of the Mario Tennis season pass part? Is it a possibility, with or without the leak?

If you're right, it's going to be a LONG time until the end of the Ballot.
The problem is that both Inklings and Dixie are in here. With K. Rool as a costume, ok, maybe they could pick Dixie instead from the ballot. That logic just doesn't sit well regarding Inklings, though. Inklings and Agent 3 are the exact same thing, there's no difference, and no point in calling them that. You don't even see a Mii costume's name anyway, so the name means JACK when it comes to costumes, its all about the appearance.

So in regards to Dixie, could they pick her over K. Rool? Sure. That said I think its just as likely they'll give Dixie a costume as well. The problem is that it makes zero sense if they're just going to use Inklings anyway, so if they're just going to use Inklings even though they have a Mii costume, why would they overlook K. Rool, who is FAR more popular than Dixie? And since they also went with Isaac as well, who is from a "dead franchise," but K. Rool is likely to come back in future DKC as is, so the logic for skipping him is ludicrous.

Its everything combined that questions this whole thing's believability.

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice

Don't open the above spoiler tab, as for the leaks, I don't believe it, nor do I want to believe it. People need to stop with these leaks, when the ESRB leak came around, I stopped supporting Shulk, and with all the fake Shantae stuff going on, it's gotten me to abhor her. Even if it's going to be probably be satisfying for those who actually went the character in, it turns away the neutrals from supporting. This isn't as bad as some of the other leaks, but if it does end up going viral, we could potentially lose some of that neutral support.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
By the way, @ Falgor Falgor you said there was a reddit thread?

I'm curious. Got a link?

Top Bottom