• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Starless

Smash Cadet
A Smash-like game with only Golden Sun characters would be awesome!
If this actually exists I want some of the summons to be playable or used like JoJo Stands. Summons like Judgment and Megaera for example would be great as playable characters.

Isaac doesn't have access to Odyssey in GS1
Will that make Isaac weaker? I don't want him, Felix and Matthew to be exact clones but I don't want Isaac to be missing more powerful moves just because he debuted in the game where the powerful moves don't exist yet. Besides, Isaac is playable in TLA.

Last edited:

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
Will that make Isaac weaker? I don't want him, Felix and Matthew to be exact clones but I don't want Isaac to be missing more powerful moves just because he debuted in the game where the powerful moves don't exist yet. Besides, Isaac is playable in TLA.
I wasn't talking about the strength so much as the fact that not all moves are present in all three games, making it easier to make unique characters. Isaac's lack of Odyssey in GS1 was just a ready example in my mind.

But even if Isaac were missing more powerful moves introduced in later games, his playstyle could be different and he could have moves that Felix and Matthew don't. Supposing that Felix were slower and more powerful, Isaac could be quicker and focused more on moves that come out faster. Ragnarok is much faster than Odyssey and, judging by his character model when he casts it, Isaac wouldn't be as vulnerable as Felix in performing the move. In a previous post, I also suggested that Ragnarok spike at the tip in its final position, whereas Odyssey just be a very powerful, but non-spiking, move.

Additionally, we could suppose that the part of the Golden Sun that Isaac absorbed eliminated the power gap that otherwise exists between moves like Ragnarok and Odyssey. :p Or not.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nanatani's artstlye reminds me of Akira Toriyama for some reason.

WHO ARE YOU CALLING SO SMALL THAT HE ONLY DOES 1 POINT OF DAMAGE IN A FIGHT?!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'd suggest we talk about datamining, but apparantly, Nintendo got wise and didn't leave anything unique for 1.1.0.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I wasn't talking about the strength so much as the fact that not all moves are present in all three games, making it easier to make unique characters. Isaac's lack of Odyssey in GS1 was just a ready example in my mind.

But even if Isaac were missing more powerful moves introduced in later games, his playstyle could be different and he could have moves that Felix and Matthew don't. Supposing that Felix were slower and more powerful, Isaac could be quicker and focused more on moves that come out faster. Ragnarok is much faster than Odyssey and, judging by his character model when he casts it, Isaac wouldn't be as vulnerable as Felix in performing the move. In a previous post, I also suggested that Ragnarok spike at the tip in its final position, whereas Odyssey just be a very powerful, but non-spiking, move.

Additionally, we could suppose that the part of the Golden Sun that Isaac absorbed eliminated the power gap that otherwise exists between moves like Ragnarok and Odyssey. :p Or not.
Honestly if for some miracle we got two GS reps, I could see Sakurai doing what he did with Pit/Palutena giving Pit his weapons and giving Palutena the powers he can use. One GS character could easily use combat/utility psynergy while the other uses djinn/summons. There's also the fact that there's a ton of different elements, making up for some unique psynergy use... So I mean really there's enough fodder for 8 unique characters with that sort of division lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If this actually exists I want some of the summons to be playable or used like JoJo Stands. Summons like Judgment and Megaera for example would be great as playable characters.
Golden Sun's Bizarre Adventure, I would love that.

D

Deleted member

What do you guys think Isaac's reveal trailer will be like?
OH FINALLY A REASON TO POST MY TRAILER :3

Trailer name: Hero of Weyard.

The Smash logo appears as usual......
(Ignore the voice, please)

The cinematic opens with Shulk beign attacked by Ganondorf, Dedede and Bowser.

Despite Shulk's attempts, he ends helpless at the hands Ganondorf who is ready to exterminate him with a Warlock punch. But then all of the sudden........

The ground starts shaking and a giant hand appears wipping out Dedede and Bowser.....

Ganondorf and Shulk look as a mysterious scarf-wearing warrior slowly walks into the center.....

ISAAC
ROCKS THE WORLD.

(trailer song)

Some gameplay footage is shown, revealing his home stage (Venus Lighthouse) showing Isaac's different abilities:
-Quake!
-Ragnarok!
-Growth!
-Rockfall!
-Thorn!
-Move!
-Spire!

-Gaia!

It all ends with Isaac's climatic final smash:
Isaac traps his enemies in a cinematic where he alongside Garet, Ivan and Mia unleash the 4 ultimate summons of the original Golden Sun:

METEOR
THOR
BOREAS
AND JUDGEMENT!

After the Smash for Wii U and 3DS appears, a last scene is shown:

It reveals Felix and Matthew as alternate costumes for Isaac. It ends with a freeze frame of Isaac, Felix and Matthew attacking each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I would kill for a Master Hand psych out. Maybe have a bunch of characters duking it out against a giant floating hand only then to see the stage split in two, and Isaac shows up behind the hand as a puppet master.

ThunderOverload

Smash Cadet

Despite Shulk's attempts, he ends helpless at the hands Ganondorf who is ready to exterminate him with a Warlock punch. But then all of the sudden........

The ground stars shaking and a giant hand appears wipping out Dedede and Bowser.....

Ganondorf and Shulk look as a mysterious scarf-wearing warrior slowly walks into the center.....

ISAAC
ROCKS THE WORLD.

(trailer song)

Some gameplay footage is shown, revealing his home stage (Venus Lighthouse) showing Isaac's different abilities:
-Quake!
-Growth!
-Rockfall!
-Thorn!
-Move!
-Spire!

-Gaia!

Isaac traps his enemies in a cinematic where he alongside Garet, Ivan and Mia unleash the 4 ultimate summons of the original Golden Sun:

METEOR
THOR
BOREAS
AND JUDGEMENT!

It reveals Felix and Matthew as alternate costumes for Isaac. It ends with a freeze frame of Isaac, Felix and Matthew attacking each other.
This is beautiful. :D

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord

The ground stars shaking and a giant hand appears wipping out Dedede and Bowser.....

I like it. Saturos' boss battle theme is a great choice too. Anyway, I'd prefer it if it was the Dark Dawn version of Isaac.
Matthew and Felix can work fine as variants. Hmm...his title card should be a reference to the Golden Sun games. "Isaac lets out a Howl!"

As for stage, I thought Mercury Lighthoise Aerie would be nice as or it being a part of a rotation between all 4 elemental lighthouse aeries.

Also, Ragnarok is a must.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
iTunes just popped a Golden Sun song. I think I'll share it:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Djinn...

Caption Contest/Make your own comic!

Go on, you know you want to!

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
All this talk about the title card makes me remember I need to finish working on that Isaac trailer ;)

Though we won't need that when the real thing happens.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13

The ground starts shaking and a giant hand appears wipping out Dedede and Bowser.....

ISAAC
ROCKS THE WORLD.

(trailer song)

-Quake!
-Ragnarok!
-Growth!
-Rockfall!
-Thorn!
-Move!
-Spire!

-Gaia!

METEOR
THOR
BOREAS
AND JUDGEMENT!

Wow, that was cool and well thought out. Satorus battle theme is the best song in GS (In my opinion).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yay! I'm not getting it though lol. I prefer getting the physical versions.
I don't have the console and its basically impossible to find older games nowadays. So I'm definitely getting it. Plus, I want to support GS. Even if I had it I'd STILL buy it (like what I'm going to do if Dark Dawn gets added).

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I don't have the console and its basically impossible to find older games nowadays. So I'm definitely getting it. Plus, I want to support GS. Even if I had it I'd STILL buy it (like what I'm going to do if Dark Dawn gets added).
I already own two copies of Lost Age. Still getting it.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
While supporting the games' releases are important to broadcast a continued interest in the series forth to Nintendo, I'm not in agreement of your statement that older games are 'impossible to find'. Sure, you'll have to locate a more specialized used game store/other local sales for a consistent supply of software, but as a collector I can assure you that even just online there are dozens of e-commerce markets to locate games of the previous generations.

Regardless, your comment led me to take a look on eBay at Lost Age prices and a complete copy goes for around $40, as it has for years, but oddly enough there are quite a bit of loose copies listed around $25. The game alone has never gone for that much, but the sold listing history is showing a considerable amount of sales going for near that price or so, which must mean some sellers are inflating prices given the boost of popularity due to the Smash ballot; this Isaac exposure is bringing in new fans to Golden Sun.

I'm sure the slight boost in base 'buy it now' prices is also due in part to the current lack of virtual console support for the second game in North America for now, however this minor upward trend in cost (which even shows some application with the first game as well) displays some promise for the continued longevity of the Golden Sun series amongst new fans.

---------------------------
Obviously my 'findings' aren't properly documented enough to verify the altered volume of sales for the original two games, but the thought that more kids (and adults) are delving into the 14 year old series that we all love so much for the first time... it brightens my day just a bit.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Someone in reddit with the username roydgriffin made this awesome moveset for Isaac. What do you guys think?

http://i.imgur.com/xNT2sWS.png
This moveset is around since a long time, I think.
There's good things, but some are not so nice imo, like the Final Smash being Grand Gaïa seems a little bit underwhelming.

Also, great news that The Lost Age is finally coming on NA's Virtual Console!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
While supporting the games' releases are important to broadcast a continued interest in the series forth to Nintendo, I'm not in agreement of your statement that older games are 'impossible to find'. Sure, you'll have to locate a more specialized used game store/other local sales for a consistent supply of software, but as a collector I can assure you that even just online there are dozens of e-commerce markets to locate games of the previous generations.

Regardless, your comment led me to take a look on eBay at Lost Age prices and a complete copy goes for around $40, as it has for years, but oddly enough there are quite a bit of loose copies listed around $25. The game alone has never gone for that much, but the sold listing history is showing a considerable amount of sales going for near that price or so, which must mean some sellers are inflating prices given the boost of popularity due to the Smash ballot; this Isaac exposure is bringing in new fans to Golden Sun.

I'm sure the slight boost in base 'buy it now' prices is also due in part to the current lack of virtual console support for the second game in North America for now, however this minor upward trend in cost (which even shows some application with the first game as well) displays some promise for the continued longevity of the Golden Sun series amongst new fans.

---------------------------
Obviously my 'findings' aren't properly documented enough to verify the altered volume of sales for the original two games, but the thought that more kids (and adults) are delving into the 14 year old series that we all love so much for the first time... it brightens my day just a bit.
The other factor is that I don't really have a working GBA and would rather have them on more modern consoles where they'd be easier to play on. For new games I always want hard copies, but for older ones, if I don't already have them, I'd rather get them digitally.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
The other factor is that I don't really have a working GBA and would rather have them on more modern consoles where they'd be easier to play on. For new games I always want hard copies, but for older ones, if I don't already have them, I'd rather get them digitally.
Of course that makes perfect sense, although there will be a fair amount of worthwhile games that won't ever make it to the digital marketplace. I'm assuming you must not have a DS with a GBA port, either - if you can find one cheap at a yard sale or something you can't beat backwards compatibility on the go (plus you'll have the ultimate Golden Sun playing machine, haha).

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Of course that makes perfect sense, although there will be a fair amount of worthwhile games that won't ever make it to the digital marketplace. I'm assuming you must not have a DS with a GBA port, either - if you can find one cheap at a yard sale or something you can't beat backwards compatibility on the go (plus you'll have the ultimate Golden Sun playing machine, haha).
I think we technically have a GBA lying around here somewhere... for games that don't end up on VC I'll just cheat, because I'm really not interested in trying to dig them up. I don't have a DS, only a new 3DS. (Actually... I think my wife may have one... I believe it was her brother's, though she might've given that back.)

Top Bottom