• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm still in love with the idea of the 'underground' (probably not the way to refer to it, but it has been many years since I actually played the game so forgive me lol) area of Sol Sanctum being the stage. Venus Lighthouse would be fine, too, but I love this idea because it would provide variety in format with the 'pillars' providing platforms of various lengths (and potentially heights? Wouldn't be completely accurate to the game that way, but would work), and OMG it would be beautiful if it were put on the Wii U version. Plus the music! I love the Elemental Stars music! I would love to hear it redone.
Elemental Star Chamber is usually just what we call it. Yeah, my top picks are Elemental Star Chamber and Venus Lighthouse.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Good to see Isaac support still going strong. He's the only character I actively want in Smash at this point. As far as a stage to accompany him, I think it'd be cool to just have "The Lighthouse", and it's the apex of a lighthouse with the elemental orb shifting between the four and changing the stage.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Since I honestly see Isaac being much more ground-based than air-based, I think he would definitely have the home field advantage in the Elemental Star Chamber.
To be fair, if we got a lighthouse I don't think it'd just be the roof like people seem to think. I think there could be two levels; for Venus Lighthouse the upper level would be the roof and the lower level there'd be sand streams.

Elemental Star Chamber I think would work in that there's one main platform and there's smaller platforms on the sides at different levels. There would be water below the platforms, but potentially the earth could start to rumble and the water drains out and is replaced by lava that rises up to just below the platforms. After a while the Wise One shows up and calms it down, reverting back to the water-based version of the chamber.

Depending on how the battlefield is laid out, potentially we could even see some of the other characters in the background like Kraden, Jenna, Felix, Saturos, Menardi, and Alex.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well...that was part of it! xD The administration over on miiverse is garbage to be honest. I got banned over there for speaking out against all the ridiculous requests for sm4sh like for Shrek or Goku. Half the time I can't tell if their trolling or being serious with all that junk. It's good to talk to ya again. Just for the lolz I compared both sites terms of service and I can easily say i'm never going back, you'd get banned for so much as coughing over there. Not a whole lot of people there even know who Isaac is or why he should be in sm4sh. I regret my entire experience over there. Isaac is one of the last characters on my newcomer wishlist. Along with king K rool. and Bayonetta. I'm just glad to be out of that horrible place! I'm as free as a bird again! I'm happy that I can finally freely chat with fellow Isaac supporters.
Yea that's why you gotta lay a bit off the criticism there. It's a bit too strict there sometimes. Nintendo and there often archaic rules >.<

Glad to see you here though!

To be fair, if we got a lighthouse I don't think it'd just be the roof like people seem to think. I think there could be two levels; for Venus Lighthouse the upper level would be the roof and the lower level there'd be sand streams.

Elemental Star Chamber I think would work in that there's one main platform and there's smaller platforms on the sides at different levels. There would be water below the platforms, but potentially the earth could start to rumble and the water drains out and is replaced by lava that rises up to just below the platforms. After a while the Wise One shows up and calms it down, reverting back to the water-based version of the chamber.

Depending on how the battlefield is laid out, potentially we could even see some of the other characters in the background like Kraden, Jenna, Felix, Saturos, Menardi, and Alex.
Fusion Dragon! Fusion Dragon!

Or the Elemental Stars chamber is good enough, although too peaceful for Smash :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Personally I think Venus Lighthouse would more likely be picked, but Elemental Stars Chamber isn't peaceful after they've gotten most of the stars.

...plus we've had Fountain of Dreams as a stage already.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I prefer Felix e.e

I prefer Agatio, lol.

You'll still get Felix if Isaac is added, they could easily make Felix a alternate costume, plus Felix is a exact clone of Isaac anyway.

Yes, @ MagiusNecros MagiusNecros Isaac is currently number 2 on the poll, with King K Rool right behind him at number 3.

Technically Isaac is number 1 because Banjo Kazooie for some stupid reason I leading the polls, but the thing is Banjo is irrelevant to Nintendo due to being Microsoft, there is no way Nintendo is going to pick him, they will just disregard him and pick Isaac, keep in mind Sakurai will be having the final say in these polls and something tells me Sakurai doesn't really like Banjo, but he would add Isaac.

Can't help, but hope the 5 blank spots rumor is true, if that's the case then my other 4 picks are King K Rool, Snake, Daisy, and Toon Ganon.

I want Toon Ganon so Isaac can fight him.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
What is the top 5 choices for the smash ballot? Isn't Isaac one of them?
We don't know, it's all secret at this stage. Isaac is high up there on most of the polls we're seeing, but they're the ones we're seeing, and Smashboards is one of the places Isaac is most popular so we're probably voting on them. Who knows how well he's doing officially given that a number of people are voting on the ballot who won't vote on any of the online straw polls, and then there's the issue of trying to get fair data for Japanese popularity given how secular their internet groups are.

Isaac is a popular pick, sure, but there's no way we can reliably rank them in any order.

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
We don't know, it's all secret at this stage. Isaac is high up there on most of the polls we're seeing, but they're the ones we're seeing, and Smashboards is one of the places Isaac is most popular so we're probably voting on them. Who knows how well he's doing officially given that a number of people are voting on the ballot who won't vote on any of the online straw polls, and then there's the issue of trying to get fair data for Japanese popularity given how secular their internet groups are.

Isaac is a popular pick, sure, but there's no way we can reliably rank them in any order.
Exactly my thought, time is definitely the key and I hope that he's at the top of the ballot!

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Im reall have to play Golden Sun lost ages, So I can understand every single one of the SPOILER post.

Is ok to spoil because... FREAKING COLLEGUE and playing to many games.

and remember.
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this, but look what sakurai had to say about DLC

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/...for-smash-bros-as-possible-with-fans-in-mind/

:sadeyes::sadeyes: Raises my hopes greatly
This a sign that sakurai can hear and this really gonna be Sakurai Last Smash game for good. So don,t lose your chance.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Im reall have to play Golden Sun lost ages, So I can understand every single one of the SPOILER post.

Is ok to spoil because... FREAKING COLLEGUE and playing to many games.

and remember.

This a sign that sakurai can hear and this really gonna be Sakurai Last Smash game for good. So don,t lose your chance.
I think we definitely need to do a lot more than just vote for Isaac, several people(My friends in particular) just vote and leave the description empty...
I feel like even though I created Facebook sites and began drawing Golden Sun fan arts, his popularity still isn't at the very top even though he's ranked high in most polls... I'll keep pushing for him though, I definitely can't let an opportunity like this go by.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So who would win in a fight?

Isaac or Robin?

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
He will make as much dlc as he can. Unless you are a ice climbers or ridley fan. Because **** you.

Most of the dlc will be mii costumes anyway.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don't expect a huge amount of character DLC, personally. Sakurai does say that they're the most time-consuming of the lot, and that they won't be making many of them because of this.
We have Mewtwo, we're getting Lucas, and Roy, Ryu and Wolf are likely. Assuming Roy, Ryu and Wolf do happen independently of the ballot, I think 2-3 is the most likely number from there. If they don't, we might get another 1 or 2 from the ballot.
The rest of the DLC will probably be easier-produced stuff like stages and Mii costumes. Sakurai's article also mentions "additional modes", which I find interesting - personally, I'd like them to bring back Break the Targets (and get rid of stupid Target Blast), and the "real" Classic mode.

Ludjinnado

Smash Cadet
I don't expect a huge amount of character DLC, personally. Sakurai does say that they're the most time-consuming of the lot, and that they won't be making many of them because of this.
We have Mewtwo, we're getting Lucas, and Roy, Ryu and Wolf are likely. Assuming Roy, Ryu and Wolf do happen independently of the ballot, I think 2-3 is the most likely number from there. If they don't, we might get another 1 or 2 from the ballot.
The rest of the DLC will probably be easier-produced stuff like stages and Mii costumes. Sakurai's article also mentions "additional modes", which I find interesting - personally, I'd like them to bring back Break the Targets (and get rid of stupid Target Blast), and the "real" Classic mode.
I agree. However much I would like for there to be loads of DLC characters, it just doesn't seem plausible. Given how I didn't
really expect any DLC in the first place, I'm happy whatever happens (although I'll be slightly annoyed if Isaac isn't playable).

What did you mean by the 'real' Classic mode? Did you prefer the one from 64/Melee/Brawl (which I think were pretty much the same)?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What did you mean by the 'real' Classic mode? Did you prefer the one from 64/Melee/Brawl (which I think were pretty much the same)?
Yeah. I don't like how the new one is just seven CPUs ganging up on you for six matches (although I don't really like anything other than 1v1 anyway), with no side games like Break the Targets or Race to the Finish. Single player in general is pretty weak in Smash4, though - once I get all the custom moves, I'll probably never touch it again.

Ludjinnado

Smash Cadet
Yeah. I don't like how the new one is just seven CPUs ganging up on you for six matches (although I don't really like anything other than 1v1 anyway), with no side games like Break the Targets or Race to the Finish. Single player in general is pretty weak in Smash4, though - once I get all the custom moves, I'll probably never touch it again.
That's true, the CPUs can be a bit of a pain sometimes.

May I ask who the character in your avatar is? I know her from somewhere but I can't quite place my finger on it and it's really annoying me.

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
Been thinking more about the moveset. I think there should be one special that combines the Djinn attack and the Djinn summon. Otherwise, his moveset would rely too heavily, IMO, on Djinn-related attacks. Also, having the Djinni on Standby and Recovery would lower Isaac's damage output and/or knockback on his non-Psynergy moves, and having it on Recovery -- since that indicates its summon was used -- would power up his Psynergy. Recovery would last... maybe 10 seconds. For ease of Smash gameplay, the Psynergy boost would last only as long as Recovery, instead of longer as was the case in the games. I envision Isaac to be a very potent character on the ground, and he'd need a decent amount of time to make use of powered-up moves, albeit with the negative effects on his other moves, balancing things. For the Djinn system, he may use one or several Djinn, but only have access to one at a time, similar to Olimar with his Pikmin. Also, I've decided that Ragnarok and Odyssey -- which I think should both be included -- should be assigned to a single special, the latter being the charged version of the former (making it more in line with the GS games).

Lastly, before I write out the moveset, I've decided that the entire GS series should be represented in it (not everything in them, of course), but not in a way that would be impossible for a non-Himi Venus Adept. For example, Isaac should theoretically be able to learn Sand, and he would definitely be able to equip the Slap Gloves. So, let's get started.

Smashes
Up: Gaia. This is similar to Sheik's up smash, with two different hitboxes. The first is inside and directly above Isaac, the visual effect being a beam shooting up from beneath the ground at Isaac's feet. The ground then opens up, closing the first hitbox and opening a wider, lingering, hitbox out to one Isaac-width on either side of Isaac. Not sure which hit would do more damage. For balance purposes, probably the first one, since it's smaller and exists for a shorter time. Knockback in the first hitbox would be more extreme, as well.
Side: I decided that my moveset was lacking in plants, so I replaced Ragnarok with Thorn. It grows out of the ground at a shallow angle, hitting the opponent sideways and upwards, but at a sub-45-degree trajectory. I'm not very happy with this selection, as it's not well-suited to be a side smash, but I think Isaac should have at least one foliage-based move.
Down: Quake. Uncharged, it trips the enemy and does a halfway-decent amount of damage for a smash. Charged, it lifts the enemy into the air next to Isaac, then hits them again from there, higher (think of the animations for the stronger Quake attacks in GS).

Specials
Neutral: A tap produces Ragnarok right in front of Isaac (the animation would not be as big as in GS), while holding the button initiates Odyssey. Ragnarok spikes down and to the side at the tip of the blade. When the button is held, two small swords pierce the enemy one after the other, followed by a large sword slamming into the opponent (the animation overlayed on Isaac's character model) along with Isaac lunging forward with his sword. The Odyssey animation would be interruptible at any point by the player (since the button is held), giving this move some combo-starter/mind-game potential. If performed all the way through, its power and knockback would be similar to that of Ganondorf's Warlock Punch.
Up: Megiddo! Isaac leaps into the air and, if he doesn't grab the ledge, slams a meteor down at a steep angle.
Side: Move/Grip. A single press produces Move, which travels a certain distance before disappearing. If the player presses the button again at any time during the Move animation, Grip will initiate. It holds the enemy in place and flings Isaac toward it with sword drawn for a quick strike.
Down: Djinn attack. Whatever Djinni Isaac has, he uses it with this move. It then goes to Standby, making Isaac lighter and his physical attacks weaker. All the while, he's looking for an opportunity to use his level 1 Venus summon, which is decently powerful. Hitting down-b a second time resets the Djinni, returning Isaac's stats to normal, while holding it briefly performs the summon. After the summon, Isaac is still lighter and weaker than usual, but his Psynergy attacks receive a damage and knockback boost for, say, 10 seconds. After that time is up, the Djinni resets, along with Isaac's stats. If more than one Djinni is in the game, the reset cycles to the next Djinni, instead.

Grab: Catch. Range is similar to Link's hookshot or Samus's grapple beam. Has a noticeably different animation to Move.
Pummel: Slap. The Catch hand holds the enemy while Isaac uses Slap on it. Pretty powerful pummel.
Throws
Up: Lift. More of a violent motion than in GS. "Toss" would be a better name for what it does. Still, not very powerful.
Forward: Force. Bam! Pow! Ow! A single, short-ranged hit that sends the enemy sideways.
Backward: Carry. Another "Toss" move, but going behind Isaac. Not very powerful.
Down: Pound. No explanation needed.

Evasion
Air dodge: Cloak. You can still see a dashed outline of Isaac.
Spot dodge: Cloak. Same.
Forward roll: Sand. Faster than in GS, obviously.
Backward roll: Sand. Same.

Tilt, aerial, and dash attacks: His sword, what else? The dash attack animation would look like his normal attack animation in GS, so would be nearly identical to Link's. His sword attacks may not be very powerful taken as a whole, given the strength of the rest of his moveset. They wouldn't be as weak as Robin's non-Levin Sword strikes, however.

Final Smash: Judgment. Making this dependent on Isaac's Djinn status would make things too difficult for him, so I propose that the Judgment summon consist of four random Venus Djinn appearing and summoning the Judgment creature together.

Note: A critical hit sword strike would make for a good side smash, supposing that Thorn should be replaced or moved.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Been missing for the entire weekend (Smashfesting :p), but I'm back and I also managed to show some people how awesome Isaac would be and how Golden Sun needs to have a rep and they seemed conviced, to I guess we might get some new votes.

I'm glad that the thread is still active and that we have a new member, which is awesome, so, I hope Isaac appears as DLC.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I wonder what Camelot is up to. Mario Golf World Tour was released about a year ago, so they should have started a new project by now. Have they given any indication about them working on a new project? I guess we will find out at E3. As I said countless times before, I think 3DS may be the last console they could pull off a Golden Sun 4 on, so if its going to happen, it needs to be announced either this year or the next one.
First off how about Camelot getting this Mario Golf/Tennis garbage outta here!

Seriously who plays these games?

Its been a long road to getting Isaac in Super Smash Bros, I started my little thing back in 2012 with the Isaac support, @Swampasaur knows this one all too well, a lot has changed over that course of time, but one thing that didn't was my support for getting Isaac in Super Smash Bros and it would be a good push for bringing the series back from the brink of extinction.

I rather not see Dark Dawn have a sequel, that game almost killed the series,

One main reason was the change in the cast, I didn't like the idea of having the descendants of the original Golden Sun cast, I rather just keep them.

Sure change a few up, but keep main stays like Isaac, Garet, Ivan, and Mia, I grown attached to these four characters to the point that I don't want a Golden Sun game without them being playable.

The antagonists were even worse, they would of been better off just having Alex go solo, I would of rather seen Alex turn into a reoccurring antagonist, like Bowser and Ganon, and we'd get to fight him at the end and beat him, that was my hopes of Dark Dawn, but it didn't happen.

Dark Dawn was a flop, therefore I think a better way to approach this is put Isaac in Super Smash Bros, this gets the fans hyped for a new Golden Sun, then release a Golden Sun remake on the 3ds, which would be both GBA games in one, much like they had OoT and OoT Master Quest.

Then maybe in the future they could try a "alternate future" with Golden Sun 3 and try to make it a better sequel to Lost Age.

As for Dark Dawn, think of it as fake Super Mario Bros 2, it was just a dream, Isaac was dreaming.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Just officially bought GS off the Virtual Console. Words can't express how excited I am, especially since I loved Dark Dawn, I've heard that I should love this even more :upsidedown:

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice

I share your sentiment. That said, I'm sure the Mario sports games are more profitable, whether or not their sales are comparable to those of the original Golden Suns. Golden Sun requires much more work to create.

I rather not see Dark Dawn have a sequel, that game almost killed the series,

One main reason was the change in the cast, I didn't like the idea of having the descendants of the original Golden Sun cast, I rather just keep them.

Sure change a few up, but keep main stays like Isaac, Garet, Ivan, and Mia, I grown attached to these four characters to the point that I don't want a Golden Sun game without them being playable.
I'd be satisfied with just the actual presence of the old party members. We've seen 2/8 and the others, with the exception of Sheba (I think) were mentioned. I want to see all of them, and I want to see them having important roles, but it doesn't matter as much to me whether or not they're ever in my party again.

The antagonists were even worse, they would of been better off just having Alex go solo, I would of rather seen Alex turn into a reoccurring antagonist, like Bowser and Ganon, and we'd get to fight him at the end and beat him, that was my hopes of Dark Dawn, but it didn't happen.
Alex, if he's truly a villain, doesn't seem to be the same kind as Bowser and Ganondorf. Blados and Chalis disappointed me in that they fell too easily (along with everything but the final boss and super bosses) and didn't use Dark Psynergy (which would have required a completely new gameplay system just for them), but I thought they were fine, otherwise. I don't think anyone is going to have the same impact on players/fans that Saturos and Menardi did, though, so consider that a "curse" of sorts.

Dark Dawn was a flop, therefore I think a better way to approach this is put Isaac in Super Smash Bros, this gets the fans hyped for a new Golden Sun, then release a Golden Sun remake on the 3ds, which would be both GBA games in one, much like they had OoT and OoT Master Quest.
I'd love a remake, as long as the quality were kept consistently higher than what it was in DD. No bad sound effects, less redundant dialogue, and battle effects and scenery as beautiful as those in the original games... that would do it for me. On the other hand, after DD, I'm not sure I trust Camelot to not tarnish GS1+2 in the process.

Then maybe in the future they could try a "alternate future" with Golden Sun 3 and try to make it a better sequel to Lost Age.

As for Dark Dawn, think of it as fake Super Mario Bros 2, it was just a dream, Isaac was dreaming.
While it did disappoint me, I like where it was going by the end of the game. Light and Dark Adepts, Psynergy vortices, the Tuaparang.... Interesting stuff. I wouldn't want DD swept under the rug unless they included those plot points in the "new" GS3. That said, I don't think we should be expecting the GS3 slate to be wiped clean. We're stuck with Dark Dawn. The only question is: where to go from here?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah, I wish we had a more 'classic' Classic Mode. However, I'm even picky there, because Melee's Classic Mode was much better than Brawl's, where each stage was set by franchise (as opposed to in Melee it being random) and every character had the same Break The Targets.

Also I wish there was an option to not have 8 characters on the screen at once. It's way too chaotic for me, I can't even tell where I am, and I get a bit dizzy. I'm not saying that there's no appeal to 8 player mode... But in Classic Mode?

To be fair, I have really enjoyed some Mario sports titles in the past! Although I'll admit that the 3DS titles barely caught my attention. Maybe someday I'll still pick up Tennis because I loved Tennis back on the N64.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My feeling is that GS4 might not directly sequel GS3, but it will explain the events of GS3 and resolve the events that happened, perhaps following a different group throughout the events of the game.

I highly doubt GS3's events will be ignored all-together, though.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
My feeling is that GS4 might not directly sequel GS3, but it will explain the events of GS3 and resolve the events that happened, perhaps following a different group throughout the events of the game.

I highly doubt GS3's events will be ignored all-together, though.
Well it would be interesting to see what Isaac and Garet were up to during GS3.

Sort of like a GS3.5. We get to meet Isaac and party, (preferably also Felix and party), fix some of the mess that Matthew caused on the other side of the world, fill plot holes, and we get our original cast again!

Everyone's satisfied!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well it would be interesting to see what Isaac and Garet were up to during GS3.

Sort of like a GS3.5. We get to meet Isaac and party, (preferably also Felix and party), fix some of the mess that Matthew caused on the other side of the world, fill plot holes, and we get our original cast again!

Everyone's satisfied!
I find it more likely it'd be a new playable character such as Felix's kid (can he have a daughter? :D), or perhaps other Adepts we know about but have never been playable, such as one of Garet's siblings or Hama, or perhaps even a different unknown character not related to the main cast. Though it would be neat if the members of the original casts joined in late in the game.

If they made this game take place alongside Dark Dawn and continue after it, Matthew and a few of his party members could join later as well.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I find it more likely it'd be a new playable character such as Felix's kid (can he have a daughter? :D), or perhaps other Adepts we know about but have never been playable, such as one of Garet's siblings or Hama, or perhaps even a different unknown character not related to the main cast. Though it would be neat if the members of the original casts joined in late in the game.

If they made this game take place alongside Dark Dawn and continue after it, Matthew and a few of his party members could join later as well.
The playable characters are too many!! What is this a Chrono Cross wannabe?

I still don't like the idea of having everyone's kids unite to save the world. The trope is getting overused... Although a warrior type female Venus/Jupiter (Sveta doesn't count) in the vein of Isaac/Felix would be nice (I am talking about Felix's hypothetical daughter).

Also, did our original party grow up to be useless >.< ? I do want to see them in action as well!

Although props to Hama, I want to see her being all badass. Although she wasn't exposed to the Golden Sun so.... I wonder how she will be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom