• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Not necessarily. Sakurai knew enough of the character to consider him and out him in Brawl as an AT. He could find him irrelevant again given the length of time passed between the original Golden Sun and now.

Devil's advocate. Don't hate. Just saying.
His series at least has had a game since then. It may make Golden Sun more relevant. Also, Little Mac got Punch-out!! Wii and now look at him. One game from his series after Brawl worked wonders for his chances. Granted, Isaac doesn't have the history with Nintendo that Little Mac does. But it isn't out of the questions that a new game could put him back on Sakurai's radar.

I don't think Sakurai really cares about relevancy, but the man is a bit of an enigma.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
@Destroyer713 with regards to Isaac's late reveal in Brawl, keep in mind that beforehand we had literally no indication whatsoever of any Golden Sun rep. Isaac's inclusion as an AT felt very last minute, as tribute to Sakurai showing he was listening to the fans (which was great on his part).

The difference between Brawl and Sm4sh is that we now know Isaac will appear in this game in some capacity. If Isaac were an AT he would have been shown off the same way Skull Kid and Ashley were shown off. Not saying that he won't be an AT in this game, rather that the situation is different because we know Isaac will have a character model in this game, unlike last time when there was no indication we would even see anything GS related.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Keep the dream alive. Hopefully he'll be one of the last newcomers and will represent the GBA era. I really feel like we're lacking in that aspect. I'm really hoping for a stage on the 3DS as well as the character. If I see a lighthouse stage in one of the Pics of the Day I will literally freak out.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Excuse me! Can I be put as a support for Isaac? I've been asking for a while now, and I don't think anyone's put me as a supporter yet!:sadeyes:

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Keep the dream alive. Hopefully he'll be one of the last newcomers and will represent the GBA era. I really feel like we're lacking in that aspect. I'm really hoping for a stage on the 3DS as well as the character. If I see a lighthouse stage in one of the Pics of the Day I will literally freak out.
The moment I see any content related to GS, even if it's just an item or a smash run enemy, I'll freak out too.

Wasn't August 1st Golden Sun's anniversary?
Are there any directs planned for next month? When?

Maybe... just maybe... I want to believe.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I really want to know what that big surprise is on the 25th =/
Even though it sounds pessimistic, I would think it has nothing to do with newcomers. Mainly just to keep my expectations low; however, I would not mind being pleasantly surprised. Either way, I will enjoy the 3DS SSB4 Tournament.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
If one could please add me to the supporter list? ;v;" I've been lurking for a while and decided to join and maybe be part of the support group. c:

I'd love to see Isaac in Sm4sh. Golden Sun was my very first jRPG, so all my feels and all my hopes are in him possibly becoming playable! After seeing how he worked as an AT in Brawl, I know for sure he would be a really great addition to the roster. The amount of possibilities with him (Djinn, Psynergy, summons, etc) are too vast to ignore!
I'd main Isaac instead of Villager soooo quickly in that case, too.

In regards to how he might be introduced/revealed (if he is), the thought of him fighting Ness and/or Lucas is really cool!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If one could please add me to the supporter list? ;v;" I've been lurking for a while and decided to join and maybe be part of the support group. c:

I'd love to see Isaac in Sm4sh. Golden Sun was my very first jRPG, so all my feels and all my hopes are in him possibly becoming playable! After seeing how he worked as an AT in Brawl, I know for sure he would be a really great addition to the roster. The amount of possibilities with him (Djinn, Psynergy, summons, etc) are too vast to ignore!

In regards to how he might be introduced/revealed (if he is), the thought of him fighting Ness and/or Lucas is really cool!
Another supporter for Isaac's cause! Thanks for your support and welcome to Smash Boards!

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice

Welcome! I'm new as well, I joined a few days ago.
Let's all speculate, have fun, and, hopefully, share the enjoyment of Isaac being revealed! =]

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Welcome! I'm new as well, I joined a few days ago.
Let's all speculate, have fun, and, hopefully, share the enjoyment of Isaac being revealed! =]
It is always wonderful to see another Isaac supporter! Welcome to Smash Boards! (only if I have not welcomed you yet)

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
I think you did, but I don't remember, quite a bad memory there Dx
Thank you for the second time if you already did, good sir! :D

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, are we set that a Lighthouse of some sort would be the best stage for Isaac? And what about Boss Characters and Assist Trophies? Would Saturos be a Stage Boss for the Golden Sun stages?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you'd like to make sure you're added to the list please tag me, otherwise I might miss you.

Excuse me! Can I be put as a support for Isaac? I've been asking for a while now, and I don't think anyone's put me as a supporter yet!:sadeyes:
Have you checked the list? You're on it already.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
If you'd like to make sure you're added to the list please tag me, otherwise I might miss you.

Have you checked the list? You're on it already.
Oh, wow! Really? Heh heh......Sorry. BTW, N3ON, I've been looking for you. I wanted to ask if you can help me delete my posts on the Pilot Wings thread, since it's getting hard to navigate.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh, wow! Really? Heh heh......Sorry. BTW, N3ON, I've been looking for you. I wanted to ask if you can help me delete my posts on the Pilot Wings thread, since it's getting hard to navigate.
Yeah that's what happens when you quintuple post several times...

But you don't need to seek out a specific mod, or even track any of them down, you can just send one of us a PM if you are having site related problems. That would be preferable to bringing any issues to another unrelated thread such as this to make an inquiry.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah that's what happens when you quintuple post several times...

But you don't need to seek out a specific mod, or even track any of them down, you can just send one of us a PM if you are having site related problems. That would be preferable to bringing any issues to another unrelated thread such as this to make an inquiry.
Oh, thank you so much N3ON! I promise, I'll never do something like that ever again. I guess I should find other ways to spread the word about Pilot Wings support instead of spam.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hey guys, what would be the best way to unlock Isaac while being a nod to the series?
He's not unlockable. That would be the best way to be a nod to the series.

Um, I'm REALLY not sure how it'd work if he was unlockable.

Hey guys, are we set that a Lighthouse of some sort would be the best stage for Isaac? And what about Boss Characters and Assist Trophies? Would Saturos be a Stage Boss for the Golden Sun stages?
A Lighthouse is the best pick for one of the version's stages, but that said, I really like the Elemental Star Chamber as an option for one version, either 3DS or Wii U, doesn't matter, but for the Wii U it might work better. I'd like the Elemental Star Chamber to start off with the pristine clean water below and eventually the chamber starts to shake and fills with lava. Eventually the Wise One shows up and pushes the lava back down.

Not sure about a Stage Boss. For an Assist Trophy, perhaps Felix.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
He's not unlockable. That would be the best way to be a nod to the series.

Um, I'm REALLY not sure how it'd work if he was unlockable.

A Lighthouse is the best pick for one of the version's stages, but that said, I really like the Elemental Star Chamber as an option for one version, either 3DS or Wii U, doesn't matter, but for the Wii U it might work better. I'd like the Elemental Star Chamber to start off with the pristine clean water below and eventually the chamber starts to shake and fills with lava. Eventually the Wise One shows up and pushes the lava back down.

Not sure about a Stage Boss. For an Assist Trophy, perhaps Felix.
Sounds about perfect when it comes to stages/

But lets theorize that Isaac is unlockable, how would Smash Players unlock him?

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
I think seeing Venus Lighthouse as a stage would be very cool. Fusion Dragon as a possible hazard would be interesting, kinda like how Palkia/Dialga/Cresselia were in Brawl on the Spear Pillar level.
(...Outer Space, anyone? hahaha.)

I'd like to see an AT of Garet or something. :T But that's because I really like Garet. In an ideal world, I'd like to see him enter the fray as the first axe-wielding fighter in SSB, but...you know, wishful thinking. C: Maybe an AT of Felix?

I could see Saturos be a possible boss character, but part of me would hope to see Menardi alongside him, or something.
I feel like that would make me revisit the painful part of my childhood where I could never seem to beat them at the end of the first Golden Sun game, though. Nghhh.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think seeing Venus Lighthouse as a stage would be very cool. Fusion Dragon as a possible hazard would be interesting, kinda like how Palkia/Dialga/Cresselia were in Brawl on the Spear Pillar level.
(...Outer Space, anyone? hahaha.)

I'd like to see an AT of Garet or something. :T But that's because I really like Garet. In an ideal world, I'd like to see him enter the fray as the first axe-wielding fighter in SSB, but...you know, wishful thinking. C: Maybe an AT of Felix?

I could see Saturos be a possible boss character, but part of me would hope to see Menardi alongside him, or something.
I feel like that would make me revisit the painful part of my childhood where I could never seem to beat them at the end of the first Golden Sun game, though. Nghhh.
That would be nice to fight Dual Boss characters. That would be hectic and totally fits the Smash Brothers games.

What would be Garet's/Felix's function as an Assist Trophy?

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
What would be Garet's/Felix's function as an Assist Trophy?
The first thing that came to my mind for Garet would be something like...
>>Volcano/Eruption/Pyroclasm? Whoever manages to get caught in it gets shot up in the air, similar to the Dr. Wright AT.
>>Or maybe Flare/Flare Wall/Flare Storm? Anyone who gets stuck in that gets shoved to the side (which could be randomized between left/right each time the AT is used) by the flames.
Iunno.
Felix, not sure. I'm more invested in Garet. ;D If anything, I could see Felix being more similar to Isaac's AT role. But if Isaac is made playable and is given Move Psynergy as part of his moveset, well..
That sounds really cool. :'D 10/10 would play that level.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
I can totally see Felix's inheriting Isaac's previous AT function: using move. Because he did have it in TLA, didn't he?

I'm saying something different about an AT and bet for a simple, plain jupiter dijinn that strikes the players with lightning bolts or any sort of wind attacks. For example, of course, but we can extrapolate this concept to "the dijinn whose elements Isaac will NOT have in his moveset".

Wow this is totally brilliant. I love it.

But lets theorize that Isaac is unlockable, how would Smash Players unlock him?
Hmm... I dunno, defeating master hand... about 10 times on the arcade or however you get to fight it? Like the old unlocking system in tekken, that will give you the chance of unlocking Isaac the next time you play any free for all battle.
Maybe it's just me, but I use to relate isaac to big white moving gloves :p

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The first thing that came to my mind for Garet would be something like...
>>Volcano/Eruption/Pyroclasm? Whoever manages to get caught in it gets shot up in the air, similar to the Dr. Wright AT.
>>Or maybe Flare/Flare Wall/Flare Storm? Anyone who gets stuck in that gets shoved to the side (which could be randomized between left/right each time the AT is used) by the flames.
Iunno.
Felix, not sure. I'm more invested in Garet. ;D If anything, I could see Felix being more similar to Isaac's AT role. But if Isaac is made playable and is given Move Psynergy as part of his moveset, well..

That sounds really cool. :'D 10/10 would play that level.
So Felix would have an Assist Trophy attack that would work like Entei/Ho-oh?

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I was fretting for days about Robin's name being an issue for Isaac's inclusion. Now that I'm back home on my computer and did a little research, I'm so relieved to see Robin's japanese name is REFLET.

Isaac is one of my last prayers as we approach the release. Golden Sun made such a huge impact back on the GBA, it'd be a shame to see it go unrepresented.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I was fretting for days about Robin's name being an issue for Isaac's inclusion. Now that I'm back home on my computer and did a little research, I'm so relieved to see Robin's japanese name is REFLET.

Isaac is one of my last prayers as we approach the release. Golden Sun made such a huge impact back on the GBA, it'd be a shame to see it go unrepresented.
Yeah, that's the ONLY reason I didn't want Robin, but the Robin thread clarified to me long ago that Robin's Japanese name was Reflet, not Robin, so I was happy again. :D I really do think Golden Sun deserves more representation.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

I agree, this is how I feel about that:

domokl

Smash Lord
I support isaac! he would make a great addition to the smash cast and would bring some cool content along with him.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, for some positive speculation for me.

Sorry if this has already been stated, but I think that at least a stage for Golden Sun is EXTREMELY likely on the 3DS. Brawl had an AT and song, and seeing as we've gotten a brand new GS game since, I'd think that a stage is justified at the very least.

Although the best case scenario is getting Isaac playable and a GS stage on both games.

I've personally always wanted the Elemental Stars chamber to be the stage. And I find it funny that I was completely alone in that idea pre-Brawl, but now all of the sudden it's a popular stage idea? Back then it was Venus Lighthouse this, Venus Lighthouse that... I'm just kind of shocked that everybody else noticed how amazing a stage the Elemental Stars chamber would make.

Oh and combined with that music... It would be magical. ^_^

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, for some positive speculation for me.

Sorry if this has already been stated, but I think that at least a stage for Golden Sun is EXTREMELY likely on the 3DS. Brawl had an AT and song, and seeing as we've gotten a brand new GS game since, I'd think that a stage is justified at the very least.

Although the best case scenario is getting Isaac playable and a GS stage on both games.

I've personally always wanted the Elemental Stars chamber to be the stage. And I find it funny that I was completely alone in that idea pre-Brawl, but now all of the sudden it's a popular stage idea? Back then it was Venus Lighthouse this, Venus Lighthouse that... I'm just kind of shocked that everybody else noticed how amazing a stage the Elemental Stars chamber would make.

Oh and combined with that music... It would be magical. ^_^
I'm the only one who has really brought up the Elemental Stars Chamber. It does help I've never gotten far enough to reach the Venus Lighthouse. I have gotten as far as the Arena area in the first Golden Sun, and shortly after that point. Tolbi or Tobli? I don't recall, its been a while.

Right now I've gotten back up to Kolima again in my current playthrough.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm the only one who has really brought up the Elemental Stars Chamber. It does help I've never gotten far enough to reach the Venus Lighthouse. I have gotten as far as the Arena area in the first Golden Sun, and shortly after that point. Tolbi or Tobli? I don't recall, its been a while.

Right now I've gotten back up to Kolima again in my current playthrough.
Regardless, I've seen it brought up many times in this topic, even though I haven't watched it all of that closely. Pre-Brawl I remember being the only one who suggested it here.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Without asking too much, this is how I'd like to see Golden Sun represented in SSB4.

Isaac is the playable character. He's got a solid, Venus-centric moveset that doesn't rely on gimmicks. I'll be fine with whatever it takes to get Isaac on the roster, but I'd prefer a more straightforward moveset than one that relies heavily on gimmicks.

Felix, Matthew and adult Isaac would all work as costumes, but I'd be fine if Isaac only had recolors for his alternate appearances.

He'd be on the default roster in the 3DS version and unlockable on the Wii U version, since he is a handheld character. The Smash games usually have multiple unlock methods, but it'd be neat if one of the ways to unlock Isaac involved beating Master Hand or Crazy Hand.

Felix would be the assist trophy, acting similarly to Isaac in Brawl.

Venus Lighthouse would be the Wii U stage and Craggy Peak Ruins (the place with Zodiac puzzles) would be the 3DS stage. I'd also be happy with Sol Sanctum, Elemental Star Chamber, Belinsk Opera House or Apollo Sanctum as alternate 3DS stages.

The living statues would be enemies in Smash Run. Djinn as enemies in Smash Run would also be cool.

Bramble seeds are an item.

Golden Sun has a number of great music tracks, but Venus Lighthouse better be in there in some form.

There will at least be trophies of the main GS1 characters: Isaac, Garet, Ivan, Mia, Saturos and Menardi. Some of the other major characters (e.g. Alex) will at least appear as stickers).

That said, I'll take whatever gets Golden Sun on the roster. Felix over Isaac because Lost Age is secretly Sakurai's favorite game? Sure. Playable Matthew with Adult Isaac reprising his assist trophy role? Fine with me. Playable Himi and nothing else? Go for it.

Top Bottom