• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is zelda a wifi character?

hack-killer

Smash Cadet
YAY! MY FIRST POST THATS NOT ASKING FOR HELP!!!! :D
but.... dont u think its harder to play zelda on wi-fi then
when ur face to face?

Arean

Smash Ace
Well if its harder for zelda.. wont it be the same for the other? Therefore.. u can be fine... lol depends on your connection.

Ive had fine matches with zelda online.. i prefer offline but i dont have anyone to play with

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
zelda is fine on wifi. she doesn't really have lag problems at all.

now SHEIK on the other hand... sheik requires really precise timing and aim in attacks that it's REALLY HARD to win a wifi match with sheik unless lag is minimal.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
General rule: slow characters with massive hitbox/power attacks are less affected by lag

Quick precision/combo oriented charcters suffer much more at the hands of lag

jbozz1217

Smash Apprentice
I used to main Sheik and I started playing on Wi-Fi and I'm not sure if it's just because I am generally lucky with having minimal lag problems or if I have just gotten used to lag, but I don't have timing problems with sheik at all, specifically in tilts and aerials.

Zelda I never have problems with. I sometimes use Lucario and actually I do have problems with him, mostly aerial. I guess this clarifies that I kind of have gotten used to a laggy sheik ;)... But yeah, I've seen many strong Zelda players online, and I use Zelda (successfully?) online too.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
"is zelda a wifi character?"

As far as i can rememeber, she is selectable.

/jokes

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why she wouldn't be. I often use zelda in wifi matches and have no problems at all. You'd think that she would lag because of all her flashy moves though.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Everyone suffers from the various degrees of lag, but I personally feel like Zelda doesn't get it so bad compared to some other characters because of the nature of her style. Well....depending on who she's fighting too, like if it were Meta Knight for instance but everyone suffers there. She certainly faires better than her Sheik counterpart since Sheik is so precision based.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
characters like Lucas, Pikachu and Ike just eat up the lag... wheras chaarcters like ZSS, Sonic and Shiek get destroyed by it.

Also, characters like peach and link with bad recoveries die at the hands of lag fairly easily. I've lost a few times I shouldn't have with zelda because her recovery got botched thanks to lag.

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
I use zelda all the time and I usually win on wifi. But I have to agree with mr kennedy44 it does get harder
to sweet spot lightning kick. But if you use dins you can kick but until anyone gets close.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Other characters have more trouble with lag then Zelda, as mentioned above.

Zelda's pretty good online, if you ask me. And she also has a projectile =o

Top Bottom