• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Your Body Ready for SSB4's Best Newcomer? Reggie Fils-Amie for Super Smash Bros!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I mean Reggie wouldn't be my first pick for a newcomer, but if we were to have any real person be in the game, I'd pick Reggie or Miyamoto.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Technically R.O.B. is the only character in Smash from real life.

Reggie would be my next choice there.
Techically R.O.B. has been in video games though.

Reggie has not.

I wonder... what would Reggie's moveset be?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Techically R.O.B. has been in video games though.

Reggie has not.

I wonder... what would Reggie's moveset be?
Whatever the moveset is, it'll be made finished by December 3rd.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
*insert King Dedede laugh here*

Seriously? Almost 30 GRAND in signatures?

...dear lord it's happening.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Reggie would be cool, but Miyamoto has worldwide appeal. Then again, I don't know anyone who'd want to fight Miyamoto

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I like Reggie. I'm open to the idea of Reggie in Smash Bros. However my body isn't ready for him to be in Smash Bros.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
You know what guys, **** Black Shadow. Let's make Reggie take Ganondorf's moveset!

Sleeves

Smash Rookie
No-one is more suitable to Smash 4 than the man, the myth, the legend - Reggie Fils-Aime. He joined Nintendo in December 2003 and is currently the President of Nintendo of America. He appeared on stage during E3 2004 and the rest, as they say, is history. He quickly became the star of Nintendo with his zany antics and unforgettable quotes, so I think it's time that he had a chance to shine as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. 4.

"My name is Reggie. I'm about kickin' ass, I'm about takin' names, and we're about making games". Now, Reggie won't be heading any game making during his time on the Smash Bros. roster, but he'll be kicking ass all over the place. Given his tall, burly build, I imagine Reggie to be a slower but immensely powerful character. He would have a fairly long range as he would be have a typical humanoid figure like Ganondorf and Captain Falco, so he would be more than able to keep enemies at bay.

For his standard attacks, I think Reggie would look best throwing around heavy brawling attacks. Standard A, A, A combos would be consecutive punches that end with a powerful, slower blow like Ike. Forward tilt would be a spinning backhand punch, thus extending his reach further. Up tilt would be a tremendous headbutt, making use of his blocky and magnificent skull, and would be a good counter to enemies approaching from above. Down tilt would be a solid crouching kick - again, good range. His running attacks would simply be a shoulder barge, and would have a good smash factor. Grabs would have a decent range, with up, forward and down throws good for starting juggles and his back throw able to KO enemies at good percentages.

Reggie would play a mean game of smash attacks with his heavy frame, and enemies would have to be very careful around him. Forward smash would be a mighty punch in which he would take a staggered step forward during the animation, to highlight the effort exerted in the move and to add a little range to it. Down smash would be a spinning lariat, Zangief style. This would be a fast move but only around half the knockback of his forward smash. Up smash would be a two hit helicopter kick in which he kicks above his head - the second hit would hold most of the power, sending opponents flying upwards with great force. All of these powerful moves will give Reggie a great feeling to players, as all his attacks will give a great feeling of impact.

Mr. Fils-Aime would have a good list of aerial attacks at his disposal. These attacks would allow him to chase and juggle well, making use of his long limbs. Forward+A would be a terrific spike in the form of a forward punch, similar to Mario's own attack of the same input. Neutral+A would be a medium damage, medium knockback flying kick that lingers for a few seconds, stronger during its first 10 frames and reducing in power after that. Down+A would be a series of kicks that deals great damage but little knockback. Up+A would be an attack that sees him kick with both feet upwards and cause incredible knockback, and on hit would send Reggie straight downwards with intense momentum, leaving him grounded quickly and able to position himself on the ground.

Reggie would have some fairly intense special moves. I imagine him to be an excellent wrestler, so I think he'd suit having a few grapples. Neutral+B would be a grab with slightly better range than his normal grab and it'd have a unique animation - it would be a body slam with the enemy that the player would maintain some control over, much like Bowser's Side+B, and like Bowser's attack the enemy would be able to try and fight back against this control. It would mean Reggie could drag enemies to positions that the player would benefit from or set up kamikaze moves, whilst offering modest damage and knockback at the same time. Whilst still on the wrestling theme, Reggie's Side+B would see him charge a fair distance, and on hit would see him perform a small piledriver on the enemy that would leave them in the stuck-in-the-ground state for a time relative to their percentage.

For his Down+B, I envision some Nintendo references coming in. Reggie would pull out a random Nintendo console that he has represented; Gamecubes, Wiis, WiiUs, DSes and 3DSes could all be thrown at opponents, each offering slightly different knockback and damage to keep opponents guessing. This would give Reggie some keep-away options that he'll need as a heavyweight. His Up+B would follow the Nintendo references, being a controller attack. On the ground, Reggie would perform multiple attacks with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk attachment like an actual nunchuk - the attack would have some good reach and surround Reggie, protecting him from attacks at all angles, but would have a second or two cooldown afterwards. When done in the air, Reggie would whip the wire of a Gamecube controller upwards and would receive a small "pop" in momentum upwards, and the wire would latch on to edges.

Reggie knows that fans want him in the game, and he actually talked about his moves briefly, stating that his Final Smash would be named after one of his most famous quotes - "my body is ready" would become the "My Body Is Ready Slam"! I see this move beginning with Reggie charging forward at great speed with his rm extended to perform a clothesline. All opponents hit by the move will be stunned and would then be caught in an animation. The camera would zoom into a notepad that Reggie is writing on, showing that Reggie has written the names of everyone caught by the move. Reggie would then appear above each of these people one by one and slam them off of the stage. He'd pop a thumbs up and the match would continue.

In an ideal world, Reggie would have no weaknesses, but in the interests of balance, he has to have a few. His jumps would be fairly low due to his weight class, so when he's sent flying, he'd have some trouble getting back and this would have to be done quickly because of his high gravity. His ledge grab special would give him more chance at recovering but it would be pretty predictable. Obviously, he'd also have some issues with speed. He'd be fairly slow on the ground and similar in the air, and his attacks would have some initial lag with vulnerable points afterwards.

At the end of the day, Reggie has to appear in Smash 4. He deserves it. He revamped Nintendo's image and had his part to play in the companies dominance over such a wide market over the last ten years. Not only that, but he's loved by the internet, being famous for his amazing quotes and strange ways of phrasing things. He's being requested to appear in the game by fans all over the world, currently reaching 49,000 signatures on a petition to get him included in the game. Can all of those people be wrong?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Reggie would be the antithesis to WFT. While she tries to make your body ready for anything through fitness, her tactics are totally ineffective against Reggie because his body is always ready. The WFT cannot make him any more ready than he already is, so I anticipate a 90/10 matchup in Reggie's favor.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I would love to see Reggie, Iwata, Miyamoto and Sakurai in some sort, either Assist Trophies or Ordinary Trophies, so we can read some info about them.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm sorry, my body isn't ready.
EDIT: I would however, be ready for Reg-ii, ii-wata, and Mii-yamoto as an AT.
Miyamoto would throw games like a hammer bro, Iwata would shoot lasers "directly to you(the opponents)" and Reggie would do Fully readyied body slams.

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Victory statements:
1. What's wrong with you?
2. Your body was not ready...
3. This is reggienator, I'm finished...

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I would be thoroughly pleased having Reggie in Smash. He's the face of Nintendo America, and, unlike Miyamoto, he doesn't look like he'd snap in half if you poked him too hard. Or, better yet, a Reggie & Miyamoto Duo. Your body can never be ready enough for the Father of Mario and the Regginator in one tier-destroying character slot. Ridley, Bowser, and K. Rool cower in fear like the cheap, dime-store bullies they are. Link and Zelda give up on their gods. Samus has another PTSD attack, because Ridley isn't anywhere NEAR as frightening as these two badasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom