• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is wolf one of the "good" characters?

ocaie

Smash Cadet
yeh im a wolf mainer and its not looking to good from where im standing. He is good dont get me wrong but he is to simple and to easy to predict. PLZ SOMEONE MAKE COMBOS OR SOMETHING FOR WOLF!!!!!11

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
OHHHHHHHHHHHH I knew that >.> Thanks for all the advice Tenki, I usually just try to semiscar on the stage in a way that lets me stay on the stage instead of go slightly above it, but it makes a lot more sense to use it the way Germ did in the vid. Well, this seems essential to master, off to practice.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
No, wolf is unsafe because he has hardly any attacks that don't get screwed by shields...

Dtilt, low Bair and shorthopped Nair are his only truly safe attacks. And even then they don't have incredible range or priority (with the exception of Bair).
Spaced Bair and 0 lag Fair are safe. Nair actually has great priority, but short range and weird/low hitstun. Fair has even better priority. It's possibly disjointed, since it can clash with other disjointed hitboxes.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Silly LCB, tiers r 4 queers! (brawl taunts reference)

Seriously, tiers DONT matter. A "low tier" character can beat a "top tier" character with enough skill. Therefore, All the characters are "good" in the right hands. So to answer your question, Yes, Wolf is a good character.
seriously, tiers DO matter. A "Top Tier" character will almost always beat a "Low Tier" when both players skills are mathematically even or even vaguely close ot one another. Tiers are just an anylization of the game stop your bellyachin'

jaap

Smash Cadet
well, ye i guess tier matter. they are made by tourney results so it means those characters mostly win and ppl mostly prefer gd characters over bad characters (i mostly choose the character that suits my play style not if i like the character, well a bit then). its imposible 2 make all characters equalement each other. ppl always come with combos or tricks which makes everything different, nintendo can never know how 2 make characters as gd as each other

jaap

Smash Cadet
still think they did a gd job though, if some ppl cant notice it and think they are equalement 2 each other then thats the prove that its rly balanced

Kaos`88

Smash Rookie
It is impossible to expect StarCraft style balance without being able to patch the game. Simple as that.

cowsmoo71

Smash Rookie
Silly LCB, tiers r 4 queers! (brawl taunts reference)

Seriously, tiers DONT matter. A "low tier" character can beat a "top tier" character with enough skill. Therefore, All the characters are "good" in the right hands. So to answer your question, Yes, Wolf is a good character.
Silly Drkfurryoverlord;4984933, Tr4Q is from Smash Kingdom.

And tiers are saying "if the players are even skilled (which is impossible), this is the character that wins".
IMO, tiers are stupid.

PS-Yes, Wolf is good. If you need me, I'll be blaster spamming lol.

BEES

Smash Lord
Wolf has potential. He's heavy and quick. He operates under Melee physics against Brawl characters. Don't spend much time off the stage though.

Keep working on it. I think with time the chaingrabs will have less of an impact on the metagame.

Brightside

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't say so. Obviously, he isn't top tier material, but I don't think he fits in the same tier as Dedede, Game & Watch and Falco. He IS a great character, and my personal favorite, but I he has quite a number of disadvantages as well, and his recovery is pretty hard to get used to. Overall, I'd say Middle Tier.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Wolf isn't even kinda close to the top placing characters like MK, Snake, Rob, Wario, Pit, G&W, DDD, etc.

I wouldn't say he's garbage since he has some cool stuff going for him like his ****ing amazing smashes, spamamble projectile, the shine, etc., but I mean stuff like chain grabs and Sheik's tilt locks just sodomize the hell out of him.

Ehhh, my money is on mid.

gallax

Smash Hero
wolf is a great character imo. he has everything needed to beat all of those listed above. i play this wolf user and he is enfreakin believable with wolf. wolf has great potential and will be very high on the tier list in the end.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
It is impossible to expect StarCraft style balance without being able to patch the game. Simple as that.
Yes, this is true, and it's why companies who take their fighting games more seriously rerelease new versions of their games over and over again.

And yet, the most problematic characters in the game, Snake and Metaknight, are glaringly obvious. Any idiot should have been able to see that making Snake almost impossible to KO until he's upwards of 170% was ********.

The real problem is that Nintendo doesn't take competition seriously the way we do. I don't think they considered game balance as much as they should have, and they won't bother to release an updated version of the game because they don't care about tournament results.

And yet, I still adore this game...

WULFN

Smash Apprentice
IMO, Wolf still has some potetntial going for him, that is if we can get a handle full of good people to start playing him in tournys and find out new tactics against other characters. If we play him enough in tournys, then he will become a high teir. Me really, I could give a **** about teir list because I play shiek and can wipe most higher tier classes.

i for one think snake SUCKS
i use wolf and i am crazy good
Hehe, your avatar with these words brought a smile to my face :)

Uncle Sam

Smash Rookie
To me, Wolf is quite a well-balanced character. Personally, I could never get properly used to Falco's zip and recovery move, and treated him as if he were heavier. Picking up Wolf, I worked quite well with him because of my general, erm, rubbishness with Falco. I've actually experienced a good deal of success with him.

Top Bottom