• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Wavedash out-of-shield worth a damn for Falcon?

Zhook

Smash Rookie
Working on my tech skill and I'm just thinking since he doesn't have the longest wavedash in the world, it might not be so useful. What do you think?

Twinkles

Smash Lord
WD OOS is amazing
it's not about the wavedash length, it's about having someway to get yourself out of shield and dash-dancing ASAP
i mean, unless you like being shield-pressured for like a million years and having all of your options covered

Zone

Smash Champion
If they are spacing their pressure just outside the edge of your shield, I sometimes wavedash back and gentlemen to get a knock down. A mistake i commonly make though. Careful wavedashing OOS if they are inside of your shield pressuring you.

HGF

Smash Cadet
To emphasize whats been said already, even a small gap can allow for you to get out of pressure or lead to a punish, ex. if they throw out an aerial expecting it to hit the edge of your shield, they could miss an L-cancel leading into a punish for you like a grab.

Last edited:
Top Bottom