• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Wario under rated

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Sakurai was trying to get Sonic playable at the demo more than any other character there was. (we didn't see Snake or Wario)

Still, Wario does have a fanbase, as said above, and I'm sure it'll all be well once we get more info on him. (no discussion on him in the game because the moves/what we've seen is very vague)

ryquil

Smash Cadet
Sakurai was trying to get Sonic playable at the demo more than any other character there was. (we didn't see Snake or Wario)

Still, Wario does have a fanbase, as said above, and I'm sure it'll all be well once we get more info on him. (no discussion on him in the game because the moves/what we've seen is very vague)
QFT

I think that he'll be a fairly good character, but not much has been released on him, so they're isn't very much to look forward to. I bet that if they released his special moves, and some other stuff, (FS). More people would be looking forward to playing as him.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
He's one of the four new characters I wnt to play as. The fact that he's so underrated is what makes me fascinated (f.ex, thinking of what his final smash can be, his colours, etc). Im sure that as soon as we see more on him, I will be less fascinated about it :]

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Wario's fan base is in the top 5 of the mario series imo. theres mario, luigi, peach, yoshi, then like wario or some times Toad.

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice
Yeah you can say Wario is under the radar. Because think about it: when you mention Brawl to someone, first things that come to mind: Sonic, Pit, MK, final smashes, etc. But probably not one person will have in their head scream "WARIO IS IN BRAWL!!!".

Silfa

Smash Ace
Wario's fan base is in the top 5 of the mario series imo. theres mario, luigi, peach, yoshi, then like wario or some times Toad.
Bowser would be up there too.

I think that Wario has a fanbase, it's just that there isn't enough info on him to get the fanbase excited and chatty.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
I rate him, Yoshi, DK and the other DK low because they're all Mario spinoffs. Too many characters from the same origin. Why can't there be that many Zelda spinoff characters?

Actually, in Melee, I never played as any character with the mushroom, egg, or DK logo. Unless I had to for an event match. Too many of them. They all seem... Not as important as, say, Link, or Roy.

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
Time can only tell now. I really do hope that he's good. He's so original already; hopefully he's useful, too.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
He's actually one of those newcomers I'm really looking forward to try.

His moves look irrational and humorous, his specials look spectacular, his final smash even better, and I see no reason why if used correctly, he won't be good.

TheLeperKhan

Smash Cadet
I rate him, Yoshi, DK and the other DK low because they're all Mario spinoffs. Too many characters from the same origin. Why can't there be that many Zelda spinoff characters?

Actually, in Melee, I never played as any character with the mushroom, egg, or DK logo. Unless I had to for an event match. Too many of them. They all seem... Not as important as, say, Link, or Roy.
Roy's not that important. He's in one Fire Emblem as a protaginist, and makes a cameo in the prequel game. All of the 'Shroom, Egg, DK, and W logo have had their own series now, with the exception of maybe Diddy. Nevermind, he's gots Diddy Kong Racing. Luigi's got one game, but he's a recurring character in most of the Mario games. Roy was put into Melee because his game was coming out soon in Japan. It was an advertising ploy. That's probably why Roy will most likely get the boot this time around.

Back on Wario, I think his pajama style superhero costume is just too cool. I'm going to enjoy knocking around all them Meta Knights, Pits, and Sonics around.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
The sight of Wario's *** in spandex will kill at twenty paces through a brick wall. Seriously, it projects this wave of pure jiggly that will eat through concrete, captain america's sheild, and the santicty of your mind. You can't overrate something like that.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
i think he's underrated considering this is the only character thread not active. (not lit up in yellow)
well, up until now.

mukoe890

Smash Apprentice
i think he's extremely underrated as far as how often he is discussed. but you'll all see, he's gonna go to the top then drop a great big deuce on everyone below him

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I feel bad for Wario. No one I know wants to play as him, and there is NO hype about him! He has some cool moves, and a nice FS! Maybe I'll learn how to play him so he gets some attention.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I'm sure part of why he isn't recieving much attention is because Sakurai is using his Warioware incarnation. When most people think of Wario they think of a fat guy in purple overalls shoulder raming monsters to get money, not a guy in a biker outfit who "flies by farting". So when people see Wario in dojo sceenshots, they don't see the Wario they remember and therefore don't see much of a reason to be excited over his inclusion.

KingKraken

Smash Journeyman
Yes he is. He seems to get a lot of crap (no pun intended) for the farting jokes, which I can understand, but if he is unlocked from the start, I'm playing as him first. I think he looks incredably fun to play as, farting aside.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
The sight of Wario's *** in spandex will kill at twenty paces through a brick wall. Seriously, it projects this wave of pure jiggly that will eat through concrete, captain america's sheild, and the santicty of your mind. You can't overrate something like that.
LMAOLMAOLMAO

Oh my god, best post ever.

gamer8

Smash Lord
You totally win this thread.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I'm sure part of why he isn't recieving much attention is because Sakurai is using his Warioware incarnation. When most people think of Wario they think of a fat guy in purple overalls shoulder raming monsters to get money, not a guy in a biker outfit who "flies by farting". So when people see Wario in dojo sceenshots, they don't see the Wario they remember and therefore don't see much of a reason to be excited over his inclusion.
^Truth right there.

ColossalSmurf

Smash Rookie
I may remember the old days where wario wore overalls and a yellow hat, but I'm just as excited for his Wario ware outfit. The clothes don't make the man.. his attitude is still all there ( especially in the SSE) I am still waiting paitently for this game to play as Wario. I don't care at this point what else gets added in... I just wanna fart on people and ride a "hog"

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Hyper may have a point here... BUT still, going to Gfaqs, the opinions seem divided to say the least. Either people (like me) think December 24's update was a dream come true, either they think it was as boring as "you must recover".

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Hyper may have a point here... BUT still, going to Gfaqs, the opinions seem divided to say the least. Either people (like me) think December 24's update was a dream come true, either they think it was as boring as "you must recover".
Sad, isnt it?

-Wario gets confirmed

Fans: "Booo! This sux! We want classic Wario!"

Sakurai: "Hey guys, good news! I felt so bad when I read your reactions to Wario, that I went above and beyond the call of duty to bring not just classic Wario, but his own set of color swaps too!"

Fan#1: "Boo! We don't care about Wario anymore! Now we just want to argue about Ridley/Sora/ Megaman!"

Fan#2: "OMG it says 'alone' in the update! Now we won't get other alt costumes even though beforehand we never expected them to be in at all! I hate you!"

*Sigh* I guess there's just no pleasing some people.

Top Bottom