• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Waddle Dee Toss Spam legal?

German Wolf

Smash Cadet
Is Waddle Dee Toss smamming from Dedede legal in tournaments? Friends said it isn´t. i´m not a spammer, but if you play for money and this technique let you win, then it is legal, isn´t it?

Mith_

Smash Champion
Yes its legal.

Only techniques that in some areas aren't legal would be inescapable infinites and match stalling.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Well Waddle spam is extremely annoying. It doesn't get you any where either as opposed to spamming with other characters.

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
Slap him and scream NO JOHNS. It's perfectly legal. Stalling, like MK's Infinite Dimensional Cape, is banned though.

airsmasher

Smash Apprentice
If Din's Fire spam isn't illegal, I don't see how Waddle Dee spam could be.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I agree, Waddle Dees are so cheap they should be banned from tournaments.

Reasons:
1. They add a random factor to Brawl. You can either throw a Waddle Dee, a Waddle Doo, or a Gordo. What if I want to throw a Waddle Doo for electricity, but a Waddle Dee comes out? It's so much weaker! IMO this is worse than tripping.

2. They are a really huge projectile. Aside from the fact that they are random (which is bannable anyway), they are big enough to stop any kind of ground approach from any character. Even Metaknight. This projectile is WAY TOO BROKEN and it can even gimp people who are recovering if you angle it right to make it stage spike.

3. You are basically summoning minions which are as big as actual characters to fight alongside you. Waddle doos have electricity and Waddle Dees do a jump attack. Gordos KO anything when coming in contact. That is highly overpowered. Olimar's Pikmin are not as large as these projectiles and certainly not as powerful. They also have less range. The Ice Climbers have only two characters while Dedede can have two of his projectile characters out at a time. That's three characters on the field. People don't realize that King Dedede can actually fight with three characters which makes him a far greater threat than Ice Climbers. This is really broken and should have no place in tournaments.

lol

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
I agree, Waddle Dees are so cheap they should be banned from tournaments.

Reasons:
1. They add a random factor to Brawl. You can either throw a Waddle Dee, a Waddle Doo, or a Gordo. What if I want to throw a Waddle Doo for electricity, but a Waddle Dee comes out? It's so much weaker! IMO this is worse than tripping.

2. They are a really huge projectile. Aside from the fact that they are random (which is bannable anyway), they are big enough to stop any kind of ground approach from any character. Even Metaknight. This projectile is WAY TOO BROKEN and it can even gimp people who are recovering if you angle it right to make it stage spike.

3. You are basically summoning minions which are as big as actual characters to fight alongside you. Waddle doos have electricity and Waddle Dees do a jump attack. Gordos KO anything when coming in contact. That is highly overpowered. Olimar's Pikmin are not as large as these projectiles and certainly not as powerful. They also have less range. The Ice Climbers have only two characters while Dedede can have two of his projectile characters out at a time. That's three characters on the field. People don't realize that King Dedede can actually fight with three characters which makes him a far greater threat than Ice Climbers. This is really broken and should have no place in tournaments.

lol
Waddle Doo's for god tier.

Xanthus

Smash Apprentice
You know what would be cool? If you could play as a gordo. :D

Hella-broken.

But back to the topic: Waddle-Doo spamming is barely even cheap , it's relatively slow, has a wee bit of delay afterward. It's really easy to work around. I mean it's a good move, but I don't see how you could even view it as cheap. It's not like MK's tornado (which you can work around, and I don't consider it cheap, but it isn't SUPER easy to always deal with)

Top Bottom