• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is too much Smash possible?

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Its more of a hobby really so no. Although if you know your playing TOO MUCH, then it would best for a short break. I believe everyone needs one now and then.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Too much is absolutely possible. In the training before a tourney one can often get jaded from from the
game by playing it too much, it starts to seem like a chore and can really interrupt your life. Just like any
other game, limit the smash bro.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
What Chris said. I mean, too much anything - let alone Smash - depends on the player, but if you see that you're getting bored of it, or your skill is starting to slip from overplaying (which can actually happen), then it's a clear sign to put the controller down for no less than a day... or at least play another video game in the meantime.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I find the best way to improve is to smash my face into the metaphoric wall for hours on end a few days in a row, then take a week long break. When I come back, everything seems so easy and I have no idea how I failed so bad before.

I don't really get how it works but it does and it seems to fit with what you lot are saying.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
I agree with both Chris and Sol Diviner. I guess what a person calls "too much" varies from person to person. When they reach that point, they should be able to take a break from it or possibly stop it altogether by themselves. I've heard about people who don't reach that point though...

RaqTasmeneth

Smash Apprentice
Too much?! Not until the eyes bleed!
...if you start to fizzle out, its probably time to step back. Im not sure
about the average gamer, but 6 or so hours of non-stop will put me OOC
for a couple days.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
6 hours? I played 20 hours on Christmas break last year, xD.

Did I mention I was exhausted for about a week after that?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
NEVER! Who gives a damn if your hands are twitchy and cramped and you can barely see?

Top Bottom