• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this a usefull way to recover? (explained inside)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
When you use captain falcon's up b 'away' from the stage and like 'slide' onto the stage instead of grabbing the ledge.
I know sometimes it is better to just grab the ledge, but is this something I should mix in my game (keep in the back of my head) or is this too punishable and not usefull at all?

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
no man or woman,dont do it! way too punishible. if you land on the stage at like 100% your probably dead.
you also dont always have to recover with up B. you can also use raptor boost,its also a good spike. but dont do it if mario is next to you, one word"caped"

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
If you really want to do that I would recommend;

1. Grab the edge
2. Quickly fall a short distance from it
3. Almost immediatly after, Up B

It will automatically pass the ledge and grab any edgeguarders stupid enough to stand too close to the edge.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Most opponents will be surpised that you slide, but it still has landing lag and it is still much safer to just grab the ledge and get back up in a less-obscure manner.

Edit: You already have a thread asking if this is a new technique; why make another?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Edit: You already have a thread asking if this is a new technique; why make another?
^
This was the original thread
but in the other thread I'm talking about something else (a longer slide when it seems you won't make it)
and here I'm just talking about up b away from the stage to land behid the edgeguarder, not so much the sliding part :)

Top Bottom