• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this a new move?

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Diddy kong was revealed today and with him came this screenshot

What is samus doing here, a new attack, a weird looking jump?
Discuss

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The weird angle makes it look as if she's doing something different (thought Dash attack, and have seen many suggest it's the Shinespark), but I doubt it.

It's more than likely the new graphic effects on her Back Aerial, which everyone else in the pic appears to be doing.

TheAccursedHunter01

Smash Apprentice
Asked this same question a friend of mine and he said they're all probably doing their back air, although Samus looks like she's doing an animeish "jumping through the air heroically" kind of pose.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
A weaker Fox Dash is my guess.

Zulyar

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4914-3978-9790
shouldn''t be impossible to copy paste her in the air /remove the stage copy pastes etc, i dont have much editing knowledge but i doubt it''s impossible, and she doesnt seem to be doing an attack, i'd say it''s verry much looking like a dash/running animation, if not it could also be a backair though her arms are wierdly positioned (considering diddy and lucario are doing backairs(atleast i think lucario is?)

Last edited:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I think air dashing will be a new mechanic in the game.

I also think you will be able to do it in multiple directions and even diagonally downward towards the ground and will be the new way to "wave-dash".

Last edited:
Top Bottom