• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this a bad idea...?

FunkMasterP

Smash Rookie
My main in Melee was Marth, but recently I've discovered my new love for DK. Seeing other DK's play I notice a few unorthodox things that I do. Just to keep things simple this thread is just about one in particular.

Sometimes for an approach I SH his Fair. With proper spacing and depending on the other characters grab range I seem to avoid things like shield grabs pretty effectively. So if I'me carefull I don't seem to have any problems but I don't see anyone else doing this. So is there somthing better for approach, or should I throw in a few for variety like I'm doing now?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
never approach loke that under any circumstances

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
DKKountry said:
Thanks for the specifics Ripple :p
no prob

:p

but really every character can do something OOS if this connects even if you do space it the best you can, someone can just unshield>smash and that is no good

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Lol yeah... it does.

But really your approach options are limited. Its very hard to approach with DK. Its best to set walls of Bairs, Ftilts, Dtilts. With that said the way I play is to reflect projectiles with either my shield or Ftilts. When my enemy gets tired and rushes in, then they catch a heel to the face. If they are open for a little bit then a grounded upB + SA and you get a free 10%+. If they are wide open then a grab or headbutt or even Fsmash.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
If you are really desperate and didnt jump correctly to land a Dair you could technically do a Nair if you're close enough... It seems to have the less-bad landing lag and stuff.

You can also try to approach with a shield grab o.o I guess since you have good range and your opponent thinks youre going to do something stupid ike dash attack.

Or simple.. Just walk normally torward your opponent... If he has no projectile that is... As soon as you're in range, ftit... And if he closes the gap, dtilt, dtilt then a ftilt as you slowly push him back to the edge...

If you have some inds on the dk punch, jump and throw a quick Over B Headbutt, it should stop some laggy short hopped stuff, and/or otherwise ground the opponent.. But I wouuldnt recommned this a lot unless its a surprise..

Top Bottom