• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there some vendetta against ROB that I'm unaware of?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I haven't played wifi much, but when I have if I pull out ROB people get upset. Is he just too good or something? Just a bit confused, I've been playing the game offline and haven't been keeping up with the stuff regarding this on the boards.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
but he is pretty easy to beat
Depends on the ROB player. If you are referring to survivability I tend to stick around to 150% or more pretty much every stock.

I know he is one of the better characters, quite possibly the best, but the vibe I get on online play is that ROB is hated by many people. The thing is... even the best players can't agree over the top characters, so if there is some sort of ROB hatred, it's completely unfounded. It might just be me making connections where there are none from a series of circumstances, but yeah, there *seems* to be a negative stigma. Not unlike playing Sheik in the early metagame in melee.

Frames

DI
People are just upset because they still have that mentality that "oh well if R.O.B. is in that means 'insert character here' isn't in and that's bad".

Plus R.O.B. owns. And characters that own make enemies quick.

Also, are you talking about with friends or with anyone? If you're playing with friends and they send you a message like "ROB sux" or "Only n00bs use ROB" that would make sense, but if you're playing with anyone how would you know that people are mad at you? Unless of course they team up on you.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Dont worry mookie, I've been maining ROB since day two that the game came out and I still get complaints from pb&j, marty, and mikeG.

Although they claim to say "no dont worry about it its just rob" I know they are annoyed a little LOL.

Its probably the same nonsense that happened with sheik on melee.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Well, think of it like this.

No one really wanted R.O.B. in, and now that he is in, some of these people use him for a punching bag.

Now, here is the kicker.

R.O.B is da man. Not only is he just a badass character, but he also carries with him the "shame" factor.

Nothing gets under a person's skin more than to get completely ***** by a character they despised and cut short. That is why they tend to hate him even more. They realize he is good, and has great potential, and they do not like that.

That help any?

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
Didn't you get this exact same thing when you ***** everyone with Mewtwo?

Anyway, for some reason, people hate ROB, and a large group of people think he sucks. He really doesn't, so it's usually unflattering for them when they are beaten by him.

Top Bottom