• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there no way to charge the joycons and still play?

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
I ran into a problem in-game of the switch telling me that one of the joycons battery is low..is the only way to charge them is to stop playing and dock them?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Well, I believe you can buy battery packs and attach them to the joycon while using them. I think it would probably feel clunky to use during gameplay though.

I don't think it should normally be a problem though as joycons usually last about 20 hours on one charge so I guess charge them whenever you're not playing the switch.

dragonairex

Smash Apprentice
I use a grip with charging capability which is an official Nintendo accessory. It looks very similar to the plastic 2 hand grip that comes with the console set, but is black-translucent in color and has a usb-c port at the top. I think most people have seen one in stores but doubt many know it can charge. Fail packaging.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I’m glad I have three controllers for the Switch.

Joy-Con Grip (no charging)
Pro Controller
GameCube controller

You can play and charge at the same time in portable mode. Just keep it plugged.

Last edited:
Top Bottom