• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there anyway to make SWD happen more often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
I know Samus' super wavedash normally only happens 1/8th of the time, but i saw a phanna vid once and he got it almost everytime. so it seems like he found a trick to make swd happen more often, like how you can make luigi's misfire or pichu's up+b triggering twice happen more often. does anyone know how to do it?

I.B

Smash Lord
Luigi's misfire has a 12% chance of happening. As for the SWD, it's just a matter of practicing your timing on it. I'm not exactly sure, but it's something like, you tap either left or right on the 46th frame of the bomb drop animation(before you land), and you tap in the opposite direction on the 47th and you should SWD in that direction.

mrvblonde

Smash Cadet
basically if you want to get better at timing samus' swd, there is this thing called practice, try it. not sure about luigi's misfire, misfire triggers by luck perhaps? and i think pichu's agility can move twice in the same direction if you tilt back the control stick then immediately position it to the same direction as before, not sure though

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Its all about practice.

I myself am pretty good at it, and my record is 6 in a row, one directly after another. During games its second nature and if I want to pull one, its rare that I fail one. I practice SWD every day, for a few minutes, and that is why its so easy for me. Same for Phanna and any other good samus player.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I know Samus' super wavedash normally only happens 1/8th of the time, but i saw a phanna vid once and he got it almost everytime. so it seems like he found a trick to make swd happen more often, like how you can make luigi's misfire or pichu's up+b triggering twice happen more often. does anyone know how to do it?
You could start by running to the Room of the Three Gargoyles. Push in the right tongue, and a door might lead you down a staircase into the Wall Climb. Here you must choose your next path. You could race up to the Observatory, spin the sundial, and pass into the Room of the Golden Idols. Once there, push down on their bases to release the doors. That may take you below or lead you into the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. Assemble the Statue there, and you may be headed for the Torch Room. If the elevator is up, you could jump in the elevator and descend into the Mine Shaft. Next, you could climb up the ladder or plow through the stone wall. Find the key, and it may unlock the Tombs of the Ancient Kings, allowing you to enter the Swamp. If you escape, you might have a chance to sit upon the Throne of the Pretender. If the correct door is unlocked, you could crawl through the Pit of Despair and, finally, make your way through the Cave of Size/Sighs and back to the Temple Gates. The choices are yours and yours alone. GOOD LUCK.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
no, you guys don't understand, i don't need to practice it, i can do the superwavedash movement EVERY TIME but like samus' trophy says SWD only happens 1/8 times, i know there must be a way to make it happen more often.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Samus's SWD will work every time if you do it correctly. If you can only get it 1/8 times, then that means you are doing it incorrectly the other seven tries. You should practice if you want to get better at it.

Wait, what trophy are you talking about when you say it says SWD only happens 1/8 times??

I.B

Smash Lord
no, you guys don't understand, i don't need to practice it, i can do the superwavedash movement EVERY TIME but like samus' trophy says SWD only happens 1/8 times, i know there must be a way to make it happen more often.
I don't recall any Samus trophy mentioning the SWD.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
You could start by running to the Room of the Three Gargoyles. Push in the right tongue, and a door might lead you down a staircase into the Wall Climb. Here you must choose your next path. You could race up to the Observatory, spin the sundial, and pass into the Room of the Golden Idols. Once there, push down on their bases to release the doors. That may take you below or lead you into the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. Assemble the Statue there, and you may be headed for the Torch Room. If the elevator is up, you could jump in the elevator and descend into the Mine Shaft. Next, you could climb up the ladder or plow through the stone wall. Find the key, and it may unlock the Tombs of the Ancient Kings, allowing you to enter the Swamp. If you escape, you might have a chance to sit upon the Throne of the Pretender. If the correct door is unlocked, you could crawl through the Pit of Despair and, finally, make your way through the Cave of Size/Sighs and back to the Temple Gates. The choices are yours and yours alone. GOOD LUCK.
* Kirk: Olmec are you ready?

Olmec: Let's rock and roll!

That show was so awesome!!!!!:chuckle:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
As far as I know there isn't a mention of SWDing on any of Samus' trophy. I've read every trophy out of bordem more than once so I think I know what I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom