• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there anyway to defend against Tabuu's "wing" attack?

Mike87

Smash Ace
I know its not an instant KO in Boss Battle mode, but I cant find anyway to avoid it in the SSE, or is it just unavoidable.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
Sidestep dodge, air dodge, rolls or moves that make you completely invinsible for a while (Pokemon switch, Zelda's transform)

L_Lawliet

Smash Rookie
I usually spot dodge it unless I'm using Pokémon Trainer. But one correction: in Boss Battles it IS a one hit KO in hard difficulty and above irrc.

JCMR-Brawler64

Smash Apprentice
Thats exactly why I never unlock the 2 throphies in Boss Battle, Finish this mode in Very Hard and Intense. A good technique to avoid this, is the infinite dimensional cape with MetaKnight, Im going to try this...
Maybe this work XD

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It's not possible for any character with a counter ability to just get the invincibility frames off the trigger or maybe some characters with SA frames with perfect timing?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Tabuu ignores SA frames (I tried it once with Ike's Aether). I'm not sure about the counter though.

Dannymal

Smash Rookie
Just spend a whole day doing boss battles on intense. After doing that you'll be able to do it in your sleep.

mluo2010

Smash Rookie
Well, if he can't dodge Tabuu's Off Waves then there's no way he's going to get anywhere near him on Intense. I haven't quite beaten BB Intense but I've rarely ever gotten hit by the Off Waves. I have much more trouble dodging, say Master Hand's drill attack than the Off Waves. Spot dodging works every time with every character. I don't even really have to time them to dodge the 3rd one a moment later.

Just practice spot dodging and rolling away from the boss's attacks. Play on easy. After a while, dodging the bosses' attacks will become second nature. Practice just dodging their attacks and not attacking them until you can beat the bosses without taking a hit. Higher difficulties just mean faster timing.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Tabuu ignores SA frames (I tried it once with Ike's Aether). I'm not sure about the counter though.
Counter doesn't work. Tabuu's wing attack is incredibly easy to dodge. Go to the edge of the stage annd as the wave approaches, press shield and down, three times.

Sondaro Sasuke

Smash Rookie
yeah, just hold L/R and press down when the purple wave is about to hit you (remember that there are 3 waves...) and that's all. It's easy when you get it.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
Is this working in eu version too? I tried air dodge, si8de dodge, run away, but nothing!
Spot Dodge.

Tabuu makes three waves, those are those lines. You need to dodge those. So three welltimed spotdodges will certainly do.

I have the EU version, and this is the way that I dodged it. So yes, spotdodge well and you will be fine.

It is actually quite easy once you get the timing done. This move has long startup lag, so you have plenty time to prepare for it, and the waves allways follow up with the same timing. So just practice it.

Nightshine

Smash Journeyman
for me I get right underneath Tabuu on the stage and when the attack comes I sidestep each of the 3 hits. I don't do it anywhere else because since it comes out as a circle if you mess up the timing then you could be hit somewhere else on your character. Being underneath him when you do this lessens that chance.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
Tabuu is so easy once you learn his moves. That 'wing' move (I called it the butterfly move) is the only one that takes a while to know what to do. Just shield + down is the best way, time it right, practice maybe, and it's just another easily dodgeable move. The only thing Tabuu does that annoys me is the whip. It seems to randomly get me sometimes.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
If you're talking about his off-waves then all you have to do is Side-step dodge it. It's not even too hard to time or anything you'll just get used to it. Once you learn all of his moves you can dodge em all pretty easily.

Top Bottom