• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there ANY unconfirmed newcomers we can agree on?

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I think everyone agrees with the following characters returning

Returning
Luigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game and Watch

and from what I've read on all these character lists, I think these newcomers are agreed on.

Newcomers
Captain Olimar

yea..that's it

and there are the good ole' split decision characters

Split-Decision
Krystal
Ridley
Geno
Bowser Jr.
Marth
Ness
Isaac
Lucario
Jiggs
Mewtwo
WW Link
and
An AC character.

any thoughts? why can we not agree on anything : (

orintemple

Smash Lord
I have never heard a reason for Jiggs not to be in, I figured she was in the top list with CF and Ganon and such.

yuki

Smash Apprentice
Um, who is olimar? >.>
Captain Olimar is a character from the pikmin series.
I wouldn't count on Ness to return since sakurai said he wanted no more clones in brawl. And Lucas is too much of a ness clone.
As for if either captain falcon or ganondorf returns the other one would probably be excluded. OR. They would give Ganondorf a different moveset(wich would be awesome).
EDIT: dang foz was 3 minutes earlier

courte

Smash Lord
well...

There is no doubt Jiggly is returning. It's almost like a tradition...
ness was a tradition too, but look how quickly most people accepted the concept of his exclusion... I STILL BELIEVE IN YA, BIG HEAD!!

iMichael

Smash Lord
It was said somewhere that David Hayter(Voice of Solid Snake Metal Gear 1, 2, 3 and 4) slipped during an interview and spilled the beans on Jigglypuff.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
Is there anything against Sukapon? I dont think there is really a good arguement for why he cant be in...

I also think that the character with the biggest split in opinion is Midna... shes a tough one to decide on. Personally, I support her though.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Personally I think it would be better if Jigglypuff evolve into Wigglypuff, so it would look less like a kirby clone.

Then, I think anyone would like to see a character from the Costum Robo series.

Durbl Piij

Smash Cadet
Well, I think we need to categorise further. There is a pretty significant difference between thinking a character COULDN'T be in the game and thinking on SHOULDN'T. I suppose without personal opinion this forum site and pretty much everything in the world would be bland. But I think that alot of the split decision characters could be put more into the SHOULDN'T and COULDN'T categories. I'll give it a shot. Note that I am putting them into negatives moreso than positives. As in why people dont want a character in.

SHOULDN'T
Krystal - most people just dont like the people who support her, and figure she isn't big enough of a character. She COULD be in because she is a female and has a staff, which is unique.

Geno - Again most people think that he hasn't had a big enough history to make the roster. I had no idea who he was when I first started reading here.

Bowser Jr. - I figure most people against Bowser Jr just think he is annoying. I never would have thought him to be a good enough character for Brawl, but he has been a main villain and starred alongside Bowser for a while now.

Marth - The only people that doubt Marth are the Roy users. That's fair enough since most of the people who doubt Roy are Marth users. This one is purely personal.

Isaac - I'll tread carefully cause I like Isaac. Most don't know him. He has a cult following in Europe mainly but not too big a following elsewhere. He has an awesome moveset potential and easily fits in, but most feel that he isn't popular enough.

Mewtwo - I didn't realise that he was doubted, but i think it's mainly due to his not so greatness in Melee. For the ultimate pokemon, he was a pretty lackluster character. He could easily be spruced up, made cooler. But most will always remember his poor entrance into the smash community.

WW Link - Purely shouldn't arguments for WW Link. That would be a clone, that one link is enough. There is no real argument as to why he actually couldn't be a character.

AC - Due to the peacefl nature of the Animal Crossers in general, an AC character has been doubted.

COULDN'T
Ridley - Most prominent argument is his size. People would love for him to be in, but doubt it because they say he is too big to be playable.

Ness - Lucas, pure and simple. Due to Lucas, Ness couldn;t be in brawl. The clear cut argument.

Lucario - Whilst he is a cool fighting pokemon, partially thought of as legendary, most people believe he couldn't be in brawl because we would have too many pokemon characters. That would be the main argument.

Yeah, that's my take on it. I hope you all get where I am heading with it. Oh, and I never really doubted Jigglypuff and thought most people didnt either. So I haven't put it in.
Keep in mind, that these are my personal takes on each character, as in, what I think is the main reason for doubts.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
It was said somewhere that David Hayter(Voice of Solid Snake Metal Gear 1, 2, 3 and 4) slipped during an interview and spilled the beans on Jigglypuff.
JOKE: When you said beans.... Is he part hispanic by any chance?

ON TOPIC: I wonder if people in Japan can get the hints on Marth's voice actor, Hikaru Midorikawa.

UNNECESSARY CRAP:
For those of you who don't know him, let's just say his Japanese Seto Kaiba's voice. For the girls who like anime, Tamahome. (I went lawls because there are still fangirls)

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I think Krystal is the only shoe in newcomer left, I would say Ridley but I fear the possibility he could be given the boss treatment and I think Olimar would be better suited as an assist.

That being said...

Ridley for brawl!

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
------------
Most likley
------------
Krystal (Being a female, with a alright amount of popularity, why not? She has a stalf she's a wolf, theres no other wolf that's in Brawl currentley.)

AC (A desgihn for a Animal Crossing Human has been made and sent to Sakurai why not? Having everything else with a large amount of popularity for ACing games he has a large chance.)

Ridley (Size? People use that but for other characters they beleive in use popularity for a excuse which Ridley has... So why not? We need more villans. And he would look ownage with the gun thing in his hand. :D)

Marth (Theres lot's of reasons mostly he's not a clone, and his sword is the icon. Nuff said. :D)

Jigglypuff (Being a pretty likley chance, since she/he has a fan base... But might not happen but also I lean forward to she would.)

Geno (As being only in one game which he is in... He is main of it excluding Mario... Geno is popular, lot's of older kids would know him. Being the best party member in the game. He could be in as Ice Climbers and Pit gained huge popularity from Melee and Brawl. :D)

Issac (Don't know him ask someone else this is just a guess I guess. <.<)

Captain Olimar (ZOMG, as having monsters in his game ect... He could be in, while having a unique moveset and all... I think he will be in.)

------------------------
Eh, unlikley or 50-50.
------------------------

Bowser Jr (Being more main in most baby gains and said to be the strongest compared to the other Koopa Kids, which could be false. Though having a paint brush would be similar to Krystal's staff, in some ways but drawing and summoning monsters from the ground would make him unique and all, he could also replace Dr. Mario.)

Metwo (Being in melee and lack of PoKeMon reps... Unless Sakurai's counting PT as 3... That's it... I wouldn't call him popular, I really hope he's not in sorry. >_<)

WWLink (Being known as Young Link in other words, could give him a chance as WWLink would not be a clone of Link at all since all these new items exsclusive to WW only. Skull Hammer and Deku Leaf being ownage in Brawl.)

---------------
No... Just no...
---------------
Lucario (Not being main or popular in a game at all... He's just a PoKeMon. He's popular in the movies but they don't count.)

Ness (Replaced by Lucas sorry it's true their both almost exactly the same though, so if you like Ness main Lucas instead.)

True Fool

Smash Ace
I still don't understand why there's any argument of Marth not returning. Way too popular in Japan, surprisingly popular in America, soon to be the first FE lord to star in three games, STILL the face of FE. You don't remake a game twice without having a popular main character.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Ridley's size matters when Kirby shouldn't even come up to Samus' knees. Size in Smash Brothers is completely relative and cannot detract at all from a character's odds, especially when they ranked first on Sakurai's poll.

mas369

Smash Apprentice
No matter what we want to believe, there is no such thing as a, "shoe-in," for Brawl except the characters shown on the Dojo. We may have the entire roster already for all we know, and in the extremly likely senario that we don't, then we have no idea who those unconfirmed characters are. All of the, "shoe-ins," may not be in the game and all of the characters that we thought had no chance could be in the game

Machete

Smash Ace
I think we can all safely say that Krystal, Ridley and Olimar are in.
Yeah.
Although I hate Krystal.

Many reasons against some characters are stupid:
Jigglypuff: "I hate her!"
Mewtwo: "He was **** in Melee!" "Replaced by Lucario!"
Marth: "Replaced by Ike!" "Uninportant!"
Ridley: "Too big!"
Olimar: "Too small!" "Not a fighter!"

Please....

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I actually don't want a Custom Robo character in here.

GOD, WHY DOES NO ONE KNOW ISAAC?!

...Sorry, I had to let that out... I find it so weird, I must be like, (one of) the only people [person] in America to know who the heck he is. :(

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if anyone at the moment is a shoe-in, but the newcomers who I think have the best chances are currently Krystal, Ridley, and Olimar.

But for all we know those characters might end up getting the not quite PC treatment such as boss or AT. There've been plenty of other characters who would seem like they got good chances but didn't become playable.

While I doubt that'll happen to these three though, you just never know. And also why I'm just gonna reserve judgement as to who's a shoe-in.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Olimar, Krystal and Ridley. But even those characters still have a slight chance of not being playable. Especially Krystal and Ridley, who have a chance of being an AT and a boss respectively.

Gaplka

Smash Cadet
I know Isaac, I doubt he'll make it though. Cause, no one's played Golden Sun in forever. I doubt he'll make it because few people have played it compared to other possible 3rd Party Characters. Like Sora for instance, though Camelot has closer ties to Nintendo than Square. Though if he's in I'd use him because he's buckets of Own. Most CamelotSP characters are pretty good.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Krystal (Being a female, with a alright amount of popularity, why not? She has a stalf she's a wolf, theres no other wolf that's in Brawl currentley.)
You know, it's been a while since I played Adventures (the only game I have that features Krystal), but I was pretty sure Krystal was a fox. And we DO have one of those.

AC (A desgihn for a Animal Crossing Human has been made and sent to Sakurai why not? Having everything else with a large amount of popularity for ACing games he has a large chance.)
I guess I missed this. Do you have a link?

GOD, WHY DOES NO ONE KNOW ISAAC?!

...Sorry, I had to let that out... I find it so weird, I must be like, (one of) the only people [person] in America to know who the heck he is. :(
I don't understand that either. I'm a relatively casual gamer, but I've played both Golden Suns. I figured if I knew who he was that he must've at least been on the higher end of the popularity spectrum. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Instead, I'm hearing about characters I never had before, like Geno and Sukapon and Takamaru and whoever else.

I was always under the impression that the Golden Sun series was pretty big.

EDIT: Isn't Camelot 2nd party? There wouldn't be any 3rd party red tape to go through to get Isaac, would there?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Actually Isaac himself (along with the other Golden Sun characters) are owned by Nintendo, so there would be no problem whatsoever getting him in.

I know Isaac, I doubt he'll make it though. Cause, no one's played Golden Sun in forever.
Generalization is a bad thing, you know?

I was playing Golden Sun: TLA the other day.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Also, if we're trying to cut down (pardon the terminology) on swordsmen in Brawl... does Sora's key blade really count as a sword?
I'd say not, and not just because I'm a total Sora fanboy (though I'm sure that helps).

In KH, if it's ever referred to as anything other than a "keyblade", it's "the key". And even though Sora would be using it as a sword, it's primary function is to lock/unlock worlds. It's a key before it's a sword.

So in that sense, the only thing implying that it's a sword is the "blade" half of it's name. Without that, it could be argued that Sora uses it as a bat or something equally as random.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Also, if we're trying to cut down (pardon the terminology) on swordsmen in Brawl...
But we aren't, because really there aren't that many. -_-

Sorry, I just had to say. I'm so sick of this "too many swords" argument. It's so ridiculous. There were only four sword users in Melee out of maybe 26 characters and somehow people think that's to much. :ohwell:

Gaplka

Smash Cadet
Generalization is a bad thing, you know?

I was playing Golden Sun: TLA the other day.
I'm not trying to generalize people. My Bad. Cause Most people haven't heard of Golden Sun. And I haven't played it in forever.

And I was pretty sure that Camelot was 3rd party. They used to be Sonic Software Planning and they made all the good Shining Force Games. Until they broke off from Sega to become Camelot and start working with Nintendo... So I guess then they are 2nd party.

And Sora's Keyblade is a Key, that is wielded like a blade. But that wouldn't make him a swordsman, he's a "Key Bearer"

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The characters of Golden Sun are first party, though.

Top Bottom