• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there any character IC's CANNOT infinite/Chain Grab? ~

Ulevo

Smash Master
I apologize if this seems like spam, I'm not knowledgeably inclined on how the Ice Climbers perform to 100% certainty. I'm debating on whether or not to even bother posting information on the Ice Climbers CG's/Infinites in my Chain Grab thread below in my siggy, as they have a new one like every week. I did want to check and see if there are characters that can't be repeatedly grabbed however, even though I doubt that is the case. That way I can post some characters that can avoid it, rather than referring people to this forum for information like I planned.

So. Can anyone escape these little guys?

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
There are actually no true infinites that are inescapable with the Ice Climbers, unlike most people think. If you try to do a CG when the opponrnt is at 999%, it will be impossible to grab them again (if the opponent DIs).

Ulevo

Smash Master
There are actually no true infinites that are inescapable with the Ice Climbers, unlike most people think. If you try to do a CG when the opponrnt is at 999%, it will be impossible to grab them again (if the opponent DIs).
I don't think you're really addressing my point. I use the term 'infinite' to express a 0% to Death scenario, not whether or not IC's can truly keep someone trapped for an infinite amount of time.

And I know IC's can't grab other IC's provided Nana is around. That's common sense.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Well, there are some in specific situations. For example, if a Link or a Toon Link has a bomb out. That is why Link players are advised to keep a bomb out at all times against IC players.

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
It is very, very hard to chain grab snake. I guess you could consider him partially immune to chain grabs. Then again, the best ICs will know how to chain grab him effectively.

Gishnak

Smash Ace
It is very, very hard to chain grab snake. I guess you could consider him partially immune to chain grabs. Then again, the best ICs will know how to chain grab him effectively.
I was just playing in a friendly against someone in my area who was pretty good at chain grabbing. I was playing Snake, and he grabbed me at around 30% and went to maybe 90% with no hope of escaping.

But of course, snake is harder to chain grab because of his grenades, mortar, nikita etc.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Im number one on mlgpro for doubles and I main the iceclimbers. When you play pros they can escape as soon as u grab, you have to position the opponet with a neutral cg then alt cg like crazy. When all said and done depending on how good the ic player is there is no way to escape even with di.

Top Bottom