• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there a reason Focus Attack doesn't work on Ganon's Smash Attacks?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I've been playing a LOT of Ken lately and having a blast. When I went up against a pretty solid Ganon, I noticed that his Smash attacks were completely ignoring my Focus barrier. I went into Training right after to make sure Ganon's Sword wasn't actually a multi hit, and sure enough it isn't, just one hit. What's the reason for that? Is it just too much damage for Focus to absorb?

Last edited:

Fruit cake

Smash Rookie
NNID
Level_9d9
There's a damage cap to focus attack, not sure exactly what the % is but strong moves will go right through it.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
In Smash 4, level 1 Focus could be broken by attacks that did 22% or more and level 3 could be broken with attacks that did 39% or more. I’m not sure if that’s still the case in Ultimate. How much damage do Ganondorf’s smash attacks do?

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
FA could withstand big hits like Clubberskull’s attacks in Smash Run, but I guess they’ve made it so that you can crush FA with really strong attacks like in SF4.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Did you all forget that ultimate has a damage increase modifier in 1v1?

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Did you all forget that ultimate has a damage increase modifier in 1v1?
Actually forgot to consider this. We must experiment more to see how many more moves can bypass the FA, then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom