• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there a consensus on the rules for stage selection yet?

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
Do I have any real reason to make this assumption? The fact that I've been running tournaments for almost 15 years? I've seen the revolving door of players.
That isn't my question. My question is what reason do you assume that it is because of the rules being too complicated? Most people I've met who go to one or two tournaments and stop do so because they got their butts handed to them by good people and they don't have the drive to try to claw their way up. Not because remembering 6 stages and how to stage strike was too hard.

I find it hard to believe that something that silly is the reason people stop, rather than it being because they get dominated by people who are way better than them.

If you get 4 stocked twice by two different people, you main concern isn't "Oh, the rules are too confusing and that is why I didn't enjoy myself."

Last edited:

Jaxel

Behind the Curtain...
Premium
Most people who go to one tournament and never show up again, leave thinking "These guys take the fun out of the game; I just want to have fun". Complicated rules is one more point loss for fun.

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
Most people who go to one tournament and never show up again, leave thinking "These guys take the fun out of the game; I just want to have fun". Complicated rules is one more point loss for fun.
So you are saying it is one of many factors? That may be the case and I could believe that. I was just making sure that you weren't trying to say that it was a major reason, which is what it sounded like you were saying.

I can agree that it may be a small part of the problem; that sounds reasonable, but I can't believe that it's any more than like 10%.

Top Bottom