• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there a code that displays matches won as stars instead of KOs?

mooki

Smash Apprentice
I know someone made a code where the stars are used to display the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place winner to replace the win screen. I was wondering if there was one where the stars were used to display the amount of wins. I'm not sure how hard this would be because there may not even be address that holds this type of data. I'm not experienced in melee coding but if there weren't a counter couldn't some ASM be used to make one? Anyways, if anyone knows anything about this that'd be awesome. Thanks.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
A code like this does not exist, but I like the idea. Someone else had the idea of the stars displaying sets won, but I like this idea of games won better. It wouldn't be too hard to code, either. Just look at the rankings from last match and whichever player was #1, add one to their KO counter. This would be easier to code in combination with Sham Rock's skip results screen code, as it already breaks the normal KO star count function.

idk if you're familiar with ASM coding, but Sham Rock and I both posted notes of our ASM codes in the Gecko Codes thread that would give you most of the information that you would need if you wanted to try it yourself.

Last edited:

mooki

Smash Apprentice
Oh wow, I'll take a look it. I'm assuming it wouldn't to long to learn about ASM coding for melee . Do you have a link or anything to where you started learning?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Last edited:

mooki

Smash Apprentice
Thanks again. Also while you're here I have to ask, do you think it's possible that one could create a code that changed the tint of a character while they're in hitstun?

Oh, and do you think something like this: http://smashboards.com/members/_novi.54548/ is possible. If these look reasonable I they'll be going on my try-to-make list.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Thanks again. Also while you're here I have to ask, do you think it's possible that one could create a code that changed the tint of a character while they're in hitstun?

Oh, and do you think something like this: http://smashboards.com/members/_novi.54548/ is possible. If these look reasonable I they'll be going on my try-to-make list.
yes, it is possible to make a code to do that. I may do this in the future if no one else gets around to it.

and idk what that link is specifically in reference to

P 1

Smash Cadet
I know someone made a code where the stars are used to display the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place winner to replace the win screen. I was wondering if there was one where the stars were used to display the amount of wins. I'm not sure how hard this would be because there may not even be address that holds this type of data. I'm not experienced in melee coding but if there weren't a counter couldn't some ASM be used to make one? Anyways, if anyone knows anything about this that'd be awesome. Thanks.
You make any progress with this yet? sounds really awesome. always thought the kill counter was dumb.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
You make any progress with this yet? sounds really awesome. always thought the kill counter was dumb.
I made it. Check the OP of the stickied Gecko Codes Thread.

Top Bottom