• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is the aura buff a subtle nerf?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I'd hope not.

His kill power at low percent was already pretty bad. Making the difference in power even more extreme would cause match ups to become imbalanced. For example, against characters that actually do have nice reliable kill moves, it'd definitely be an uphill battle for the lucario player.

Same kinda goes for the buff that was given to him at high percent. Characters like peach that have trouble killing will have an even harder time against him. (Just using her as an example btw. She might actually get some kill power buffs in smash 4 for all I know)

I think a nerf would be unjustified. Despite being a step above most mid-tiers, it's still out of a Lucario players grasp to win a national. Maybe locals, yea, but most characters in top tier give him a tough time.

Mostly metaknight, icys, and snake.
but then again, top tier is basically decided by how decent you do against :metaknight:

Lets just say I hope in smash 4 they don't have another character that ran the metagame as much as MK.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
To be honest, I don't think anybody outside of the top seven could win a national at this point. Anyways, Sakurai said he's going to focus on balance this time, admittedly for four player FFA, but I have confidence that there'll be more viable characters this time around.

ENCOREY

Smash Cadet
To be honest, I don't think anybody outside of the top seven could win a national at this point. Anyways, Sakurai said he's going to focus on balance this time, admittedly for four player FFA, but I have confidence that there'll be more viable characters this time around.
Has he specifically stated this just for FFA?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Yes, he said he's balancing the game around FFAs. Still, he admits that Brawl's balance could of been much better, so 1on1s should be effected positively.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
If hes getting buffed why make him weaker in the first place?

...for free-for-all...? That's like focusing on balancing Mario Party.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Items off. Trust me, there's more skill involved then you think.
There's a lot more skill than people think is involved in Mario Party without items, and vice versa in Brawl.
But perhaps a nerf would be that to get to max power, the cap is a lot higher.
Or maybe it's in ranges this time. Like 0-30% is does the same damage, but once you get into the 30%-70%, are stronger than 0-30%, but it doesn't increase in damage for every percent.
I'd prefer that there'd be no cap at all, but that could get out of hand after a while.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Lol without a cap, a 999% lucario could kill you with jab 1

Gune

Smash Lord
If one could hypothetically get that high without dying....
If he were heavier that'd help. He IS a Steel-Type after all.
He is steel type but he is a steel type with low defense and only weighing in at 119lbs it wouldnt make much sense if he was heavy.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
He is steel type but he is a steel type with low defense and only weighing in at 119lbs it wouldnt make much sense if he was heavy.
I don't mean heavyweight, but slightly heavier than he is in Brawl. Or maybe have a move like Iron Defense that'll temporarily give him a Metal Box effect.
In training mode you can set the amount of damage.
But I mean in a legitimate combat scenario.

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
I hope not since I personally want every character to be in the A+ or A- tier range.

Top Bottom