• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Smash 4 more sexual than other Nintendo games?

Is Smash 4 more sexual?

• Yes!

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • No.

Votes: 66 36.5%
  • THEY REMOVED PEACH'S UNDERWEAR! SAKURAAAAAIIIII!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 73 40.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
*wonders what the heck has kept this topic alive for a week*
...Not much apparently.

Anywho, I'm going to say no. None of it was explicitly added to any character, it's just been a part of them. Palutena, Shulk, Samus, and even Captain Falcon all have these aspects in the source material. (Seriously, almost every character in F-Zero, male or female, looks like a bodybuilder of some kind.) The only thing ever added, Peach's Ftilt, has kinda been replaced by a void.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Yes because it takes all the small sexual stuff from other Nintendo games and are fit into this one game. Containing a fair amount of small sexual stuff.

kuk

Smash Cadet
User was warned for this post
This thread makes it painfully obvious how scared people are about sexual related stuff, while they have no problem with violence at all. No one complains about characters cutting each other with swords, breathing fire, and just generally beat everything up. People have no problem with snapshots where the fun element is entirely based on violence.

This is because we all are so used to violence in games.

But people still feel uncomfortable about sexy stuff, which is - in my opinion - laughable. We need to make people more used to it, not the other way around.

And yes, Peach has been in a thong in previous games and her butt jiggles even in this game (bair in slow motion in training mode). Contrary to Brawl, Samus was given a fat butt in Sm4sh which looks strikingly odd (and sexy) compared to the rest of her toned body, and now we have Bayonetta. Removing Peach's panties was a ridicolous decision because her panties are seen plain as day on her Mario Tennis trophy which has a lot shorter dress.

I think there should be a balance between not offending people and respect the creative freedom. Right now it seems anything can offend someone, somewhere, and that developers using an increasing amount of self censorship because they're so afraid of offending an oversensitive person somwhere. Just look at Fatal Frame V, Xenoblade Chronicles, Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 and the upcoming Fire Emblem Fates (just image how much they'll remove from that game).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
lol I didn't know this thread existed, which I can see why since it's been dead for over a year until now. Should've stayed that way.

Considering that Sm4sh has been called out for containing "Mild Suggestive Themes" by the ESRB, such as sexuality of course, then there's your answer. I don't see any problems with this though.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
MUH SELF CENSORSHIP
Why bump a thread that's over a year old?

I guess since it's here. There are problematic elements such as the sexualized portrayal of Zero Suit Samus. But overall, Smash 4, at least imo, is on the much tamer side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom