• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is sheik the most technical character in the game?

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
Hi guys I just wanted to get your take on this question. I've been playing sheik both to have her as a secondary and because I've discovered just how precise you have to play with her to be competetive. Out of every character I've played in this game she feels to be the most technical by far, she's kinda like fox in melee in that if played perfectly she's unbeatable, but its almost impossible to play her to her full potential. As an example, I've spent probably and hour straight just sitting in training mode, just practicing short hop, auto cancel fairs and nairs. Right now i can consistently get them, but for some reason when I go aggro on the cpu and try to do f-air strings I cant get the full combo.

Last edited:

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
She requires SO much technical skill and awareness its unbelievable

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Definitely not, not with Ryu in this game. I'm also under the impression Peach and even Fox are a bit more technical.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
I agree with ArikadoX. There are characters which could be seen as more technical than sheik, but she's definitely up there.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Ryu is the most technical, followed by Peach. After them, it's probably Shulk or Sheik.

INB4 everyone storms this thread saying Sheik is braindead.

Last edited:

Vici

Smash Rookie
As far as the amount of inputs you have to do, she is the most technical. There are other characters that require much more precision than her, such as ryu, zss, and shulk.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not as technical as :4pikachu::4ryu::4shulk: but perhaps on the level of :4fox: and :4diddy:? She's one of the harder characters to fully master though.

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
Oh I forgot about ryu. I still think sheik is probably more technical simply because with perfect play you can optimize her amazing frame data to the fullest, but Ryu is definitely difficult to play. Not sure why people think shulk is that technical, the only thing technical about him is monado canceling and proper understanding of spacing aerials. I don't know enough about peach to comment on her, the best peach I've seen was Lod on VGBC and it looked technical, but peach's playstyle is much slower than sheik's and I think that's something to take into account.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Oh I forgot about ryu. I still think sheik is probably more technical simply because with perfect play you can optimize her amazing frame data to the fullest, but Ryu is definitely difficult to play. Not sure why people think shulk is that technical, the only thing technical about him is monado canceling and proper understanding of spacing aerials. I don't know enough about peach to comment on her, the best peach I've seen was Lod on VGBC and it looked technical, but peach's playstyle is much slower than sheik's and I think that's something to take into account.
Peach has lots of tech. Like... boatloads. It's ridiculous. She also has a few infinites that require near frame perfect precision. Shulk just has MALLC and other monado stuff, but it's really tough to do. To cancel an art and go into another one on the spot, you have to press the B buttonup to 8 times nearly instantly, while spacing your attacks.

Vici

Smash Rookie
What exactly makes one character more technical than another character? I had this discussion with my friend today and he thinks marth and falco are both a lot more technical than sheik. His reasoning was that it is harder to do well with them.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
What exactly makes one character more technical than another character? I had this discussion with my friend today and he thinks marth and falco are both a lot more technical than sheik. His reasoning was that it is harder to do well with them.
It is harder to do well with them because they are worse characters. That doesn't make them technical. It just makes them bad. Sheik is technical because you have to know lots of tech and apply it to your game, on top of the fact that she requires some of the most inputs per second. The same goes for Peach and Ryu. They're difficult to use not because they're bad, but because they require lots and lots of inputs.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
In a literal way I'd probably count it by inputs/second. Ryu, Peach, Sheik, and Fox (maybe less so) probably have way more inputs/second than other average characters. By that definition Falco and Marth aren't really technical.

Also some stuff require some real precision, like pretty much all of Ryu's inputs lol

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Not the most technical, but aside from Ryu, the most meaningfully technical imo.

Duck hunt has a LOT of exploits and tech but they're situational, hard as hell, and don't result in gaining advantage often so not really worth it.

Like there's actually a hard as hell true combo into Usmash off clay pigeon that requires implementing several mechanics all at once.

(A + B Smash which lets duck hunt specifically use a special command and a smash at the same time, JC Pivot Usmash implementing that, all while delaying the shot of clay pigeon)

But while it "true combos" due to the nature of his usmash and the awkward angle it hits the opponent at, it very rarely connects into the strong hit properly. It's also not even that strong to begin with...

Similarly with peach but more helpful...

Sheik on the other hand, most of her techs offer direct positional or subtle advantage like safe needle charge with fidgeting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom