• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Rosalina the most broken character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Not as bad as Meta Knight in Brawl but she's up there with Sheik, this game is more balanced but they'll always be that character that's a cut above the rest.

otter

Smash Ace
Spam Warning Received
And I don't know where you are getting poor startup times from, because most of her attacks literally take no time at all to come out. Some of them have end lag, but when it comes to the actual attacks coming out, she reacts really quickly.

Why use the word "literally" when it's the opposite of what you mean? Your logic isn't that bad by Smashboards standards, but that is IRL ****** status.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Why use the word "literally" when it's the opposite of what you mean? Your logic isn't that bad by Smashboards standards, but that is IRL ****** status.
Do you get a kick out of flinging around the state of suffering disability as a casual insult, as well as insulting an entire community (hypocritical by the way, since you yourself are a part of it), without doing anything to validate your own argument and to instead switch over to arguing semantics?

Because that just makes you an unpleasant person to be around no matter what the circumstances, on Smashboards or IRL, and does nothing to progress the discussion in this topic, and does nothing positive for anyone, most certainly not you.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
You...just complained about someone using the word "literally" wrongly when you used the word "******" wrongly and offensively.
Interesting!

Last edited:

Jesse Martinez

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2337-3415-9810
People still can't tell the difference between broken and overpowered. Rosie is the latter, only more time with the game and letting the meta evolve will change my perspective on her, but if anyone has the potential to be broken, it is her.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For me, Rosalina is just top tier right now. I'm beginning to realise that I do so much worse competitively with other characters, even my other mains. And I think she has the most potential to be broken in the future, like I've stated many times.

It's not because she makes bad players good though (I'm not normally bad at Smash anyway. It's more the Circle Pad is annoying to use IMO, it even effects my Rosalina play). She's just extremely versatile.

In a weird way, Rosalina is kinda like Mario, only a whole lot better - Mario is designed to be a jack of all trades. Not terrible at anything, but not amazing at many things either. He can deal with most things in the game, but only to a sub par degree in a lot of cases.

However, I feel Rosalina can deal with pretty much anything really well if used correctly, because she has all of the tools to do so. Which is why I feel like she is top tier.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
She's not. But, she's definitely one of the best characters in the game.

As amazing as her moveset is, her size and light weight give her Mewtwo problems: no matter how you look at it, having a big hurtbox in conjunction with light-weight + being floaty just asks for early KO's from the top. As an example, Fox can KO her as early as 95% with an Up-smash, and this is in a game where Fox's Up-smash is nerfed too.

She's still pretty amazing though.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Tiers this early in the should not even be talked about. People don't know how to deal with her, get annoyed and complain. People decided to man up and learn how to give her a hard time, people will not be saying this when she gets popped. Thats one thing I don't like about the smash community that needs to stop. Rosalina Players get the wins they do now cause people deal with her poorly.

So because you decided to not learn along with the rest, that makes her top tier? How about everyone learn how to true give her a hard time and measure the difficult then see just how good she is against the whole roster. if she struggles alot against alot of the cast, she is no where near top tier. Stating how good a character will be is first looking and there pros and cons, and how other characters deal with it. Then when both players know the enemy options pros and cons FULLY, tally that up and see where see stand. No one is doing that right now. Just complaining and making excuses

And this applies for all characters. Rosalina is a good character cause of her tools and how she is in general. But talking about her being top tier and all this nonsense is not valid at all cause people are missing the means of what makes a character a certain tier.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm almost tempted to close this thread now, as it's very clear that Rosalina is far from broken. Overpowered perhaps, but she has some very obvious flaws that can be taken advantage of.

Anyway, if there's nothing else to discuss, then we might as well put this thread out of its misery.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think tier discussion is absurd, since the very nature of tier lists entails that they develop over time as breakthroughs for and against a character are discovered.

Rosalina is clearly top tier right now since there have been a lot of breakthroughs in her favour, and none that really go against her. But again, the very nature of a tier list is that it changes.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So Rosalina is top tier cause people refuse learn. That's all it takes to make a character OP? I'm sorry dude but that is straight up silly. If you wanna play that game, Peach is top tier then Rosalina cause I actually know how to deal with her nonsense and beat her.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So Rosalina is top tier cause people refuse learn. That's all it takes to make a character OP? I'm sorry dude but that is straight up silly. If you wanna play that game, Peach is top tier then Rosalina cause I actually know how to deal with her nonsense and beat her.
This claim isn't being made based on "I don't know how to deal with her" or "I know how to deal with her", and I don't see why you are hung up on that point, since I never brought it up (you did out of the blue), nor is it relevant to tiers. I can deal with her just fine too (I can beat Rosalinas with KIRBY, who isn't as great as I'd like in this game). However, Rosalina being a current top tier contender is something that is commonly agreed upon by the community at large.

Rosalina is currently shaping up to be top tier because, in a nutshell, she has arguably more versatility than any other character in the game, has so many obviously favourable match ups that are really not gonna change over time (Bowser Jr is a perfect example, nothing can save him against Rosalina. His inherent design does not work for him at all against Rosalina), has been winning tournaments (i.e. played by players that are mostly well above what you fight on For Glory, so her opponents are definitely formidable), and there are no obvious counters to her right now (ZSS is the closest thing).

Again, as I've said, tiers change with the meta. And Rosalina is looking to be top tier with the CURRENT meta. This could be flip turned in the future, for all we know (though I personally don't think she will drop too much).

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If you are not an expert at the character and know what their options are, you can say she trumphs so and so. Cause when people decided to use their heads, this wont be happening, and then what? The tier is gonna change? For that reason is why I am not buying into any of that. Bowser Jr, have you played or seen a solid one vs her? Did the bowser Jr know all of his options and understood how to deal with hers? Did you even question or know how he can even give you a hard time? People don't do this. And just go saying a character is top tier and etc. Play a smart bowser Jr Like NinjaLink and want you to come back to me and say that same thing again.

If you want to to say Rosalina is top tier cause people don't know what to do, then you can. But the way you are saying it is as people know exactly what to do. I go by tier when people know what to do and understand what not to do. I'm not gonna go by a tier statement based off this. It's not legit and based off a bunch of cry babies.

Any tier list out as of now and what is top tier is meaningless. And People need to avoid it. This game just came out and I hear more people complaining then actually doing something. This current meta game is crap. it be better if people actually tried. So if you and the rest wanna go by this meta game as of now, go for it. I won't and shows me nothing about how a character truly is. Cause I bet you this, if people were getting bopped by ganon over and over and complaining about him, I would not hear that is is a beast character, no one would ever wanna say something like that. Something for you to think about.

Tier talk as of now is crap, I don't take who makes the list or states a character is OP. Top player said so? They can kick rocks and know nothing. I'll say it just like that. let me just run a muck on all These Rosalinas out there some more and then have people call Peach top tier for free.

Jesse Martinez

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2337-3415-9810
I don't think anyone's debating whether or not tier lists should be considered a reliable source right now, tier lists go through vast stages in any game, they're there for numerous reasons, one of them being an early depiction of how a meta can be shaped. Can the meta change? yes, Melee changed quite a bit. Does that mean people shouldn't try and discern the great characters form the decent ones? no. But all this is besides the point. People are stating that Rosalina is a very good contender for being one of the best due to all her utility from her move set, making her adaptable to almost any type of playstyle. Those who complain about her being broken should already be thrown to the wayside since the majority have no real merit behind them. Hell, the whole point of message boards for most competitive games is to spread knowledge, and if you don't think a month plus worth of game knowledge isn't decent for a rough tier list, then whatever, you can ignore it if you want. Point being is that Rosalina right now is pretty damn good, I don't need a tier list to tell me that. People are eventually going to find out various ways to deal with her, as well as people finding various ways to play all characters to their maximum potential, including Rosalina, who I can't see falling too far down the tiers.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
...Jesus Christ, are you even reading my posts? :dizzy:
believe me, I am. And I'm stating my reason I don't real like you do. Everyone has their opinion. If you wanna say as of NOW she is OP. Then ok. And your reasons for stating it are fine. But I can't agree with it and won't go along with it like many are for reasons I stated. You have a point but I don't agree with it. That's it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
believe me, I am. And I'm stating my reason I don't real like you do. Everyone has their opinion. If you wanna say as of NOW she is OP. Then ok. And your reasons for stating it are fine. But I can't agree with it and won't go along with it like many are for reasons I stated. You have a point but I don't agree with it. That's it.
BUT

BUT

I NEVER SAID THESE THINGS

THAT YOU CLAIM I AM SAYING

I HAVE BEEN ARGUING AGAINST THE NOTION SHE IS OP

Top tier =/= OP

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't mean to ruin the debate, but at this point, the thread is pretty much set to be locked. Better to close it than to allow an argument to spark up a potential flame war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom