• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Patch 1.04 going to make Smash 4 slower or is it just the characters?

Will Patch 1.04 make Smash 4 slower or the characters slower?

• Smash 4

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Characters

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RanserSSF4

Banned via Administration
NNID
RanserSSF4
I'm not going to go into too much detail about patch 1.04, but I've seen many smash players thinking the patch could make Smash 4 slower due to the removal of AT and glitches that some characters had, such as Wectoring (Wario), Yoshi teleport, Bomb Cancelling (Link and TL), and turnip cancelling (Peach). The other reason are the nerfs some characters got, such as Bowser's bowsercide, Greninja USmash, and more. The glitches I totally understand

I've been playing it for a bit, and I personally don't think Smash 4 is slower. It's just that some of the nerfed characters feel slower since they no longer have that AT they had. That's not a bad thing to me, because Greninja for example, is still a fast-paced, solid character with good spacing, pressure, and off-stage play. His combo potential is still there, but it's not as effective, so you got to play his combo game differently.

What do you guys think? Did Patch 1.04 make the game feel slower or is it only just the characters? To me, it's definitly some of the nerfed characters and NOT the game speed itself IMO.

Please no trash talking, turning this into a flame war, or hating on the game for no reason. Criticism is appreciated and be honest about your opinions of this subject.

servbot 42

Smash Cadet
NNID
Servbot42
Surprisingly I have not updated my game yet, mainly because there's a replay I want to record but been to lazy to do it. I'm going to play for awhile and then apply the patch to see for myself. I don't personally think the game will be slower but it will make it somewhat less fun for serious players.

Raijinken

Smash Master
It didn't make anything slower, characters or otherwise. It fixed bugs and was the first patch at balance. There will almost certainly be more.

RanserSSF4

NNID
RanserSSF4
It didn't make anything slower, characters or otherwise. It fixed bugs and was the first patch at balance. There will almost certainly be more.
Definitly true. As much as I don't like some of the nerfs for some characters like Greninja (I still think he's good, just not as strong as before), I do like some of the nerfs and buffs. Ike definitly got the most buffs.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't really equate this patch with making the game slower. In fact, some things are faster. Have you seen Luma's speed when Rosalina calls him back now? It's crazy, makes Luma look like he had been slacking off before! :D

Last edited:

RanserSSF4

NNID
RanserSSF4
I don't really equate this patch with making the game slower. In fact, some things are faster. Have you seen Luma's speed when Rosalina calls him back now? It's crazy, makes Luma look like he had been slacking off before! :D
I'm personally with you. The games speed with 1.04 doesn't feel any slower. It feels the same or slightly faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom