• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Mewtwo worth maining?

Mr. B

Smash Apprentice
With regard to dying early, actually I find that Mewtwo does quite well despite his weight. good DI and spamming reverse confusion so that you get the momentum change ASAP increases survivability so much...

I find that most of my kills happen off the edge (apart from UThrow and Disable>FCDSmash) where most opponents become really dismayed against Mewtwo... NAir dragdown, BAir inevitable wall-of-tail, DAir spike, or even floating around just out of reach until you can bait airdodge and FAir Punish. Off-the-edge is where Mewtwo shines like a newborn supernova!

Clock Tower Prison

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5215-3120-4820
The reason I play Mewtwo all the time is because I always have fun creating mixups with him :)

This is a great time to be a Mewtwo main since players like Mew^2 and Blue are strutting their stuff and finally showing off his full potential. I'd say he's absolutely worth maining - but don't get ahead of yourself, he's no Sheik ;P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkwWdxG1ZMY

I'm pretty comfortable with him, I'd say. I still have to get over my fear of dying early, but that's more or less my case of needing to optimize my defensive play and learning Mewtwo's most reliable ways to kill and edgeguard. I need to fight some of y'all on the Mewtwo boards for guidance.
Good DI and playing a sort of like 60/40 defense/offense. Just watch Mew^2. He knows when to go in and when to just let them come to him by charging SB or throwing uncharged ones out.

Top Bottom