• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

..Is Marth still easy to use?

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
I kind of wondering is Marth is still easy to use? I main Marth sort of in Melee and believe he doesn't make much to learn at all. His learning is easier than say Link's or Samus's. I'm just kind of wondering because I know Marth is nerfed, I'm just wondering does he still have that easy learning curve still.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
....well his neutral B is a little different and he doesn't run quite as fast, but he still..easy to learn and work with I guess. He hasn't really changed that much from Melee.

Deadly'_'

Smash Apprentice
Lmao easy to learn i dont think so sigh marth is very hard to master
Thats true! Lots of people dont relize that Marth has a tehcinical side to him. Yes, when you play with noobs marth will probably be the best character around in melee. But in upper level play marth is not much of a beast if all you know how to do is spam the F-smash. Marth's combos are pretty hard in melee but if your good enough he can combo the top tier and high tier from 0-death. Marth beats like all the top and high tier characters in melee. So imo marth was the best character in melee. Fox just had the most potential.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
well to be a good marth in melee, there was wavedashing for spacing and learning those long combo strings.

But none of that is in brawl so compared to other characters, yes it is relatively easy to learn marth, fair fair fsmash fsmash, if you're not dead already you're a hacker.

Link you have to know the projectile game, Samus you have to cope with the nerfs and now use more physical attacks (which combo better), you have to master the elusive kick with zelda, Bowser/Ike you have to learn to anticipate movements, and so on, marths only real thing you have to master is dodging projectiles, not too much of a problem due to his fast run speed to keep the pressure on the opponent.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Marth wasn't easy to use before, but since all the "difficult" stuff like wavedashing and l-canceling are out, there isn't much more to learn than spamming fairs.

And I wouldn't really say that Marth is nerfed. He is still godly if not more so than before.

Top Bottom