• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is lucina viable competitivly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm not trying to be disrespectful, rude or antagonising towards you (or anyone else) either. But have you even played Marth in this game? As in, have you even bothered to test to see that Lucina's shield breaker does nothing more than Marths in terms of damage on shield or are you just pulling that out of no where/wishful thinking?

I don't use the words "literally" and "objectively" loosely (in the former case, in very very obvious sarcasm if ever). If you don't understand what I mean when I use those words, you should consider looking them up.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Tipper B on shield can break it even if it's half-charged.

Which I've caught at least 4 people a combined total of around 8 times with. so far. From like 15 matches.

The TaBuu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheTaBuu
3DS FC
3454-0444-5134
" If you don't understand what I mean when I use those words, you should consider looking them up. "
well damn talk about salt hahahaha

Lucina has the right tools to differentiate from Marth. It's just a matter of time before we find the right ones honestly. #wishfulthinking

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Shaya said ALWAYS safer on shield just now, however, which is not ALWAYS true.
Well, anything Lucina can do to shields, Marth can do better with tipper I'd assume, so IF USED CORRECTLY (XD), I'd think Marth would be safer on shield.

The TaBuu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheTaBuu
3DS FC
3454-0444-5134
This may be a little out of the blue but wouldn't Lucina's Dancing Blade KO better than Marth's?

Edit : And this may or may not have been addressed but Lucina might possess a stronger punish game because of her sword design possessing equal damage and knock-back. Marth's sourspot apparently deals pitiful knockback (and hitstun?). And when i mean punish I mean her punishing OoS

Last edited:

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Well, anything Lucina can do to shields, Marth can do better with tipper I'd assume, so IF USED CORRECTLY (XD), I'd think Marth would be safer on shield.
Doing tipper neutral b with Marth is VERY hard, and I don't care how good a person is with Marth, you will not always get a tipper neutral b. Also, we are not talking about the SAFENESS on shield, and Lucina's neutral b on shield is safer then Marth's neutral b on shield.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
This may be a little out of the blue but wouldn't Lucina's Dancing Blade KO better than Marth's?

Edit : And this may or may not have been addressed but Lucina might possess a stronger punish game because of her sword design possessing equal damage and knock-back. Marth's sourspot apparently deals pitiful knockback (and hitstun?). And when i mean punish I mean her punishing OoS
I don't believe I've scored a KO with dancing blade on Lucina yet. But perhaps on the upwards.
Marth's sourspot is not pitiful... what?

Also, we are not talking about the SAFENESS on shield, and Lucina's neutral b on shield is safer then Marth's neutral b on shield.
It doesn't matter if Marth doesn't tipper with shieldbreaker.
Do you have any proof whatsoever there is actually a difference between the two?

And now we're at the stage where I regret ever posting.

Last edited:

The TaBuu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheTaBuu
3DS FC
3454-0444-5134
When I say pitiful I guess it's a comparison to Lucina's hitstun and knockback.
And I'm pretty sure Marth can only match Lucina's Dancing Blade KO power if he manages to tip the last hit

edit : this probably should be locked as there is already a pre-existing thread where discussions regarding lucina vs marth is happening. i think its actually shaya's thread lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom