• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is L-Cancelling back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
I've been told its not by people on here, but I'm discussing it with some buddies and they're swearing its back

Is it? If so why is this not a big topic?

Last edited:

popsofctown

Smash Champion
It's not. Landing lag on aerials is lower across the board so if you press L when you land and observe landing lag that is less than Brawl and then you're a little superstitious too then you could probably come up with the belief that it's there.

On aerials with FAF/IASA frames, maybe airdodge has an autocancel window so you can cancel lag that way. But that's not actually L-cancelling.

Epok

Smash Ace
No it's not. Not in the real form anyway. Closest thing to it is smooth lander equipment. These are items you get from smash run and stuff. They reduce your landing lag. Pretty fun, but I doubt it will be in competitive play.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
They may be getting L-cancelling confused with AutoCancelling.

Basically, L-cancelling is "Press L when you land to only receive X% of your aerial's set landing lag", whereas AutoCancelling is "If you land during X portion of the move you get less lag"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom