• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it wrong?

holyv

Smash Journeyman
I have fun playing with a lot of characters.
So i keep alternating, i main luigi but i still play a lot of characters.
I never froze solid on some character, is that wrong?

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
That depends. If you want to play competitively, you should definitely focus on at least once character and get really good at him/her. If you're just playing for fun, and it's fun for you to cycle through a ton of characters, then there's no reason for you not to.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Play however you want.

If you want to win, just make sure you go in at your best. Multiple characters are good when you can switch it up to either have playstyle change when one fails or use a different character to handle other different characters.

Or you can just use 1 and have all your focus on him/her. Depends how good you are really at being able to pick up characters and not losing your touch with them when you juggle between so many.

link2702

Smash Champion
hwo is it wrong that you find multiple characters fun to play as?

now it is true if you do intend to get a bit more competitive(playing competitively is a hell of a lot more fun IMO then just random item fests all the time ) you should focus on a specific character more, and with the recent metaknight ban, a lot more characters will stand a shot now,(except for those at the very bottom like link jiggly ganon zelda samus c.falcon, etc.,) so its not like you'll be limited to a very small selection of characters if you want a chance at winning like there was with metaknight around.

Of course if you don't ever plan on playing competitively then you've got nothing to worry about, pick whoever you want to play as, if you find using several random characters fun then go for it.

that is one thing i can really give to brawl, I can find many characters fun to play as regardless of whether they're good or not, even though melee is IMO the superior game(especially for competitive play, but we all know that by now), I'll admit there are some characters(regardless of whether they're good or crap tier) that i just absolutely just hate to play as.

Azula

Smash Cadet
I find that when working with other characters, you will be even better at your main when you come back to him. For instance I didn't jab enough with Falco even though he has a broken good jab, so I practiced with Captain Falcon (his jab is one of the only plausible things he has) and got used to adding in jabs to my game.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
@Sol Diviner: My feelings were hurt...T___T

Guess I should've clarified more. Its wrong if you wanna play competitively becuz you'll have a hard time keeping track of all your characters and actually winning.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
@Sol Diviner: My feelings were hurt...T___T
Tell me about it. Now I have to look at that ugly warning, even though it expired, everytime I go to my user CP... for life! >____<

@OP: Also, yeah, basically what everyone's been saying about whether you wanna be competitive or not. What do you want to do in Smash anyway? Be competitive, or be casual? Clarifying this would make answering the question easier.

Top Bottom