• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it worth it?

AtomICON

Smash Apprentice
Hey, we all know ganon has a hard time against sheik, And I especially have a hard time against every sheik I play, I don't know why, just regardless of skill all sheiks own me. So I come to you with this question, Is it worth it to even use ganon against sheik, or should I pick a different character to use against her? If so, who would be a good choice? I use falco c.falcon and DK on the side already.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Linguini

Smash Master
Well....if your having trouble against low level sheiks with ganon and you want to switch and you do better, go for it. But I wouldnt recommend it when playing higher level sheiks who probably will obliterate you with conterpicking to marth or just staying sheik and ****** you. Learn the matchup, its not that bad IMO.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Every pro in this game can play several characters at an almost equal level. I say there is no harder counter than Sheik on Ganon, so I usually don't deal with it. This isn't to say I don't ever go Ganon against Sheik. It just means that if it's someone that's NOT a scrub, I won't be confident enough in Ganondorf to not get chain thrown. Try messing around with a lot of other characters, and once you can play them all equally well, you'll realize that you're suddenly much better at this game. Why does it work like this? The world may never know.

The point is:

Having a 'main' is alright, but you'll end up screwing yourself against certain players in this community by forever hardheadedly attempting all matchups. PC Chris doesn't go spacies on good Samus's. Ken typically counter picks Sheiks with Fox. It's all about how well you can play your characters, and what strategy you can think up to avoid getting lamed by someone running all your counter characters.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Having a 'main' is alright, but you'll end up screwing yourself against certain players in this community by forever hardheadedly attempting all matchups. PC Chris doesn't go spacies on good Samus's. Ken typically counter picks Sheiks with Fox. It's all about how well you can play your characters, and what strategy you can think up to avoid getting lamed by someone running all your counter characters.
QFT. Now I need to pick a good secondary...:urg:

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
If you don't like the matchup,pick a different character you like.I usely pick falco and do really good against sheiks.

AtomICON

Smash Apprentice
Well....if your having trouble against low level sheiks with ganon and you want to switch and you do better, go for it. But I wouldnt recommend it when playing higher level sheiks who probably will obliterate you with conterpicking to marth or just staying sheik and ****** you. Learn the matchup, its not that bad IMO.
Well the strange thing is that when playing a good sheik I feel like I do better than when I play a kinda crappy sheik. A good example being when I played kdj's sheik I felt like I played better than when I usually play my friend's sheik who isn't all that great.

I guess it's just how when you play a sub par sheik and get pushed around it's so frustrating to know that they're putting in about a 10th of the effort you are and still coming out on top, It pretty much discourages me to the point where i play like crap. Whereas when playing a good sheik I don't get frustrated, but inspired, sort of like "wow if I can beat this guy that'll be so awesome" and I play better because of the determination.

What I'm saying is, It's not that I'll never be able to beat any sheik ever with my ganon, I just find the matchup to be too much of an uphill battle to be worth it, and on top of that it's Just plain not fun (and when it comes down to it, what's the point of playing if not to have fun?)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I've played some pretty good sheiks, and while it is frustrating, there are ways around their advantages against Ganon. First of all, don't get hit! This will easily get them some combos or a free grab. You have to be very predictive against them, and force them to keep moving. Put on the pressure

Top Bottom