• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it still to early for a tier list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
Dumb topic is dumb I know.
but its a serious question. I'm still itching for a tier list. at least an early speculative tier list. I saw the Japanese one floating around but I was hoping for new one now that the games been released worldwide. I know that it takes months, sometimes years. to develop a plausible tier lists and also that tournament results play a huge part in tiers but still I don't see a reason to ignore speculation.
I have my own personal one here but these are really just my personal opinions mainly based off for glory. its not really tenable though, since I'm not a tournament player nor do I have tournament experience.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Rosalina, Lucario, Greninja, Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, Robin, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Sonic

High
Duck Hunt Dog, Fox, Pac-Man, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Samus, Mario, Little Mac, Meta Knight, Pit, Link, Shulk, Dark Pit, Marth, R.O.B., Wario, Peach, Diddy

Mid
Lucina, Ness, Jigglypuff, Toon Link, Pikachu, Mr. Game & Watch, Kirby, Dr. Mario, Falco, Donkey Kong, King Dedede, Ike, Wii Fit Trainer, Ganondorf, Luigi, Zelda

Low
Mega Man, Charizard, Olimar

shapular

Smash Ace
You need to give people time to learn their characters and matchups. The game has been out for just over two weeks in the US and people are still figuring out how to play it. You can't really know for sure until you have at least one national tournament to actually pit (lol Pit) the best players of each character against each other. You could have a bunch of players from NJ and Socal and FL and TX thinking Rosalina, Sheik, ZSS, and whoever are the best characters, but then someone like Lain shows up out of Michigan and wrecks everybody with Kirby (just an example, I have no idea who Lain is using). So I think it's best to wait until after Apex 2015 to try to figure out who the best characters really are and who isn't that good.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
i personally think the tier list will go from A tier to D tier and not such a sepate online like s tier to f tier since i personally belive everybody this time is viable in top meta gameplay.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think Zelda is the worst character in the game, tbh. I'm not sold on Robin for Top Tier, either.

Clemente

Smash Journeyman
It's too early for tier lists. The very top and very bottom is somewhat obvious, but everything in between is where it gets confusing.

ImReallyFeelingIt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sailings
I think Zelda is the worst character in the game, tbh. I'm not sold on Robin for Top Tier, either.
Nah man, Zelda's actually pretty good against at least a few characters if used right, I think she's better then Jigs. My opinion, though.

Also.

Rosalina as A tier?

Ahaha..
No.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's not too early for a tier list (the abstract concept of one).
What is too early to have happen here [Smashboards]? An actually reasonable conversation sparked by people posting their personal tier lists.
It's pretty easy to lurk the character impression thread and see most people give impressions on a lot of characters in a way that doesn't devolve into "My opinion > your opinion". And I really encourage people to go out of their way to justify / discuss why they think certain characters are good/bad/etc rather than give an impression they are actually able to accurately gauge 50-odd characters in relation to each other effectively by making a list.

When you look at the opinions of people who are high level players or the like, they tend to not pretend they're in a position to accurately gauge the entire game like that this early. There would be no way to make a good tier list right now like those that have been made in the past because of this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom