• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is it really possible to do the CG with IC effectivly...

link2702

Smash Champion
online? all I do in brawl is online matches, and the IC have ALWAYS been one of my fav characters, alhtoug......I suck at using em...I ifnd em ABSOLUTLY fun to play as....I probably find them the funnest character for me to play as.....I just can't use em....anyway, back to my topic, with all the tiny bits of lag, or in really bad matches, the HUGE amounts of lag...is it really possible to perform the chain grab effectivly? if not, well, can anyone give me some advice for the IC? Like I said, I REALLy love playing as em, I find em absolutly fun to play, but I just can't use em well, I know how to perform the CG somewhat well OFFLINE, but I just can't get it to work online, so.....could anyone give me some tips on desynching then?

JonnyManya

Smash Apprentice
The lag is massive on Brawl, so it's harder to pull off with the timing.
IC's are good in general, you don't need to CG to be good with them.
Blizzard, Ice Blocks, Squall Hammer, and Fair off stage are all good in battle.

chewyy

Smash Ace
could anyone give me some tips on desynching then?
for desynching, I just use pivot ice-block (dash left -> dash right -> hit b) but for CGing, they desynch when you get the grab (2 climbers can't grab one person) so yeah...
and obviously the ice-block pivot works with (dash right -> dash left -> hit b) as well, just to be clear.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yes, it's just that the timing is faster. As someone else said, you don't have to completely rely on chaingrabs to be good with the Ice Climbers so don't think that's all you have to do to win a match.

gordon117

Smash Cadet
Yes, it's just that the timing is faster. As someone else said, you don't have to completely rely on chaingrabs to be good with the Ice Climbers so don't think that's all you have to do to win a match.
/agreed

I have still not mastered the CG, but I can beat a long line of people with my IC. Except for two of my friends, well they play MK Snake G&W and Marth (mostly to counter pick me lol).

But learn how to space with IC, it is one of the keys to playing them, CGing is nice, at least in the beginning if you can get a grab off under 30% and you can do the Fair CG with nana, easy 30-36% right there, and then learn how to do a pivot grab and desync and you will be able to beat a large group of people who play SSBB.

Top Bottom