• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible for a good Ike to beat MK? And what does Snake hav that Ike doesnt??

lil cj

Smash Lord
Lol...
I was just lookin on the bright side
Ike has hidden potential...I just know there are some things not discovered yet....
Oh yeah...I win all the time with Ike and I even beat one of his toughest match ups: Olimar...3 stocked him:)
A good example of a character that was thought to be worthless is Ganon...look at him now
I hear he has a lot of AT's being discovered that is making him better
I think he has some sort of Super Jump:)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Have you played a good Meta Knight? Heck, I'm not even that good with MK, but I've played Ike long enough to know where his weaknesses/openings are. Ike does not have a prayer. He can be abused and gimped. MK can fight in such a way that he has no openings whatsoever. GG
And that is why I still say the match-up should be 2.5-7.5 MK's favor (best case from Ike's prospective), and is 4-6 only against average MKs. You need constant speed and next to no lag to beat an above average MK. Ike's can't just abuse SHNair, so he doesn't have what it takes. If SHNair had the range of Fair and the start up time of Jab, then it would be more like 4-6.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Meh... I guess I just like to stay optimistic... :/
That doesn't mean I don't like trying to beat Meta Knight with Ike. I use Ike a ton, and fighting Meta Knight is quite a thrill ride... unless I get 3-stocked by a MK who actually knows what he's doing. :(

Gwonam_guy

Smash Rookie
what about ikes counter, surely that slows down MK to an extent, or is it because of all of MK's combo hits that prevent this working?

i wouldn't know, i've never done a decent ike/mk match-up.

although MK is a horrible character to have near the edge of a map, every ones of MK's move allow him to plummet to his death if he screws up the ledge, in ikes eyes, that's a F-smash to victory

ike/snake on the other hand,

ike's pretty good against a snake if you can get round his annoying priority, snake gets priority all the time, when i fought my friend who mains snake as marth, i had a tough time because snake outbeat me on almost every move i did, ike is far stronger and has a few better moves than marth, but sacrifices speed.

Use quick draw and you can get a quick attack, counter if he retaliates, lead to a F-smash or aether if he doesn't. but careful on the latter, snake is good in the air, so unless you can catch him, don't become the bait for his close-ups

Top Bottom